1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 16:361 edit
    Serious (theological) question.

All thoughts, scriptures, rational, literalisms and metaphors welcome.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 17:12
    Originally posted by @divegeester

"And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son… And Manoah arose, and went after his wife, and came to the man, and said unto him, Art thou the man that spakest unto the woman?" (Judges 13)

Above we have an example of an angel being mistaken for a man, which seems to suggest angels are 'wingless.' - It's likely the whole 'wings' thing had a pagan origin.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 17:221 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    "And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son… And Manoah arose, and went after his wife, and came to the man, and said unto him, Art thou the man that spakest unto the woman?" (Judges 13)

Above we have an example of an angel being mis ...[text shortened]... eems to suggest angels are 'wingless.' - It's likely the whole 'wings' thing had a pagan origin.
    Correct. There is no indication in the Bible that angels have wings. Im sure we are going to see some Christians claiming otherwise and unable to produce scriptural support.

Yet another case where an atheist is closer to the doctrine of the bible, while Christians are led astray by the doctrine of the church.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 17:46
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Correct. There is no indication in the Bible that angels have wings. Im sure we are going to see some Christians claiming otherwise and unable to produce scriptural support.

Yet another case where an atheist is closer to the doctrine of the bible, while Christians are led astray by the doctrine of the church.
    Way to assume the worst of people, Mr. Judgier-than-thou.

An atheist could be selling Bibles out of his station wagon and not be any closer to Bible doctrine. Your atheist cheerleading is awkwardly embarrassing. Not a word of how far you are led astray by your own seat-of-the-pants Christianity 'doctrine'.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 18:29

Yes angels have wings. More likely matephoric as angels are an aspect of the Divine
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 18:32

I haven;t come across any scriptural support for it either . I have however come across this concept and always found it to be a good metaphor for the power that angels have.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 18:49
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    I haven;t come across any scriptural support for it either . I have however come across this concept and always found it to be a good metaphor for the power that angels have.
    I would think that power is demonstrated when you move without the assistance of wings
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 18:56
    Originally posted by @suzianne

An atheist could be selling Bibles out of his station wagon and not be any closer to Bible doctrine. Your atheist cheerleading is awkwardly embarrassing. Not a word of how far you are led astray by your own seat-of-the-pants Christianity 'doctrine'.
    Another foolish comment. I have had these discussions with Christians on this site eg Kellyjay and he thinks angels has wings. When I asked for biblical proof he produced nothing. Christians continue to demonstrate that their church doctrine is lacking in biblical support. In any case according to Paul I am not to have bible discussions with you. You are required to go to your husband and let him teach you.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 18:57
    2 thumbs down, intimidated or what?

😵
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 18:58
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    You mean in all your deep readings of the bible you haven’t come across any evidence of angels having wings? Gosh we should ask you about everything.

You’re wrong btw.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 18:59
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

Above we have an example of an angel being mis ...[text shortened]... eems to suggest angels are 'wingless.' - It's likely the whole 'wings' thing had a pagan origin.
    Thanks.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 19:002 edits
    There is no indication in the Bible that angels have wings.
    That’s incorrect mate.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 19:011 edit
    Everyone hit the books and I’ll be back later 😉

Edit: or google.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 19:04
    Originally posted by @suzianne

You’re gonna hate me for this but I have to ask you anyway; irrespective of any scriptural accounts, did the angels who visited you personally, have wings?
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 19:45
    Everyone hit the books and I’ll be back later 😉

Edit: or google.
    'In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying.' (Isaiah 6:1-8)

That's a new one on me. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree