1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 09:56
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Nope, not a feather.
    Are you sure they weren't hospital staff?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 09:57
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Not sure if you would call these angels or not, if angels can be mistaken for men, could
    women with wings be mistaken for angels?

Zechariah 5:9
    Then I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, two women coming forward! The wind was in their wings. They had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between earth and heaven.

Ezekiel 11 ...[text shortened]... he God of Israel was over them.

You guys can debate these if its important enough for you. 🙂
    More evidence, thank you KellyJay.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 12:02
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    GoaD (the atheist) has already produced two fine examples of evidence
    I see nothing of ANGELS is the references by Ghost which mentioned they had wings.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 12:041 edit
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Not sure if you would call these angels or not, if angels can be mistaken for men, could
    women with wings be mistaken for angels?

Zechariah 5:9
    Then I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, two women coming forward! The wind was in their wings. They had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between earth and heaven.

Ezekiel 11 ...[text shortened]... he God of Israel was over them.

You guys can debate these if its important enough for you. 🙂
    Women with wings [in a vision] = ANGELS?

What the hell are you people smoking in that church?
    It is no wonder the Christian church doctrines are full of rubbish.
    You people have the reading ability of a 5 yr old.

Clearly you lack the ability to understand these simple and unimportant things.
    How can you understand more important things?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 12:05
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    I see nothing of ANGELS is the references by Ghost which mentioned they had wings.
    They are types of angels.

Besides if you don't believe GoaD or myself, then ask Karoly who is adamant on the matter. I think...
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 12:09

Besides if you don't believe GoaD or myself, then ask Karoly who is adamant on the matter. I think...
    References ... produce some bible references. Opinions dont count.

Where does the bible talk about types of angels and that seraphims is a type of angel?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 14:14
    References ... produce some bible references. Opinions dont count.

Where does the bible talk about types of angels and that seraphims is a type of angel?
    Well "wings" are clearly something that certain types of heavenly beings have so I would say that at the very least the chances of other heavenly beings having wings has increased significantly.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 15:29
    Well "wings" are clearly something that certain types of heavenly beings have so I would say that at the very least the chances of other heavenly beings having wings has increased significantly.
    Have you changed the topic? You said angels, now you refer to heavenly beings? Earthly beings have lots of wings .. so what?

The fact of the matter is that Christianity as preached by the churches is loaded with nonsense doctrines many based on pagan ideas, and when these topics come up there is a lot of irrelevant references, church dogma and church speak fighting for dear life. Makes you wonder what else is wrong with the church teachings.
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 15:56

Was interesting to research biblical references to winged angels, but I stand by my original post that this idea was more likely a result of pagan influence. (Many pagan gods had wings).

Again, if angels were winged I don't think they would so frequently be mistaken for humans. (Unless, somehow, those wings were retractable).
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 16:411 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Was interesting to research biblical references to winged angels, but I stand by my original post that this idea was more likely a result of pagan influence. (Many pagan gods had wings).

Again, if angels were winged I don't think they would so frequently be mistaken for humans. (Unless, somehow, those wings were retractable).
    Pagan influences in Christianity include:
    - Angels with wings
    - Trinity
    - Idols of people [often worshiped] in the churches eg Mary and other Saints
    - Going to heaven
    - Immortal soul
    - Christmas

None of the above are firmly supported in the bible, and neither did the early church preach any of those doctrines
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 20:33
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

Thank you; your contribution to this thread has been excellent.

For the record, as a theist Christian, I don’t believe angles in Christianity have wings, but I do think there is some evidence in the bible to suggest otherwise.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 20:351 edit
    Pagan influences in Christianity include:
    - Angels with wings
    - Trinity
    - Idols of people [often worshiped] in the churches eg Mary and other Saints
    - Going to heaven
    - Immortal soul
    - Christmas

None of the above are firmly supported in the bible, and neither did the early church preach any of those doctrines
    Yes it is very interesting. Perhaps other colourful adjectives in the bible are nothing more that misleading metaphors. Burning people alive for eternity for example.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 02:22
    Are you sure they weren't hospital staff?
    Hospital?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 02:34
    divegeester: Did the angels who visited you personally, have wings?

Originally posted by @suzianne
    Nope, not a feather.
    Did the dogs that you say understand the Christian God better than atheists do have fur?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 12:13
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Did the dogs that you say understand the Christian God better than atheists do have fur?
    Of course they have fur, they're just normal, everyday dogs.

Please understand, I believe in God. To me, God is real, God is factual. Dogs naturally have affinity for God, who created them as he created man. So did man, before man rejected him. Dogs, far better than man, understand unconditional love. It means no matter what. Ergo, dogs understand God far better than atheists who have rejected him and do not believe in him.

Atheists do not understand God any more than I understand Santa Claus. They are remarkably bad at understanding God.

But please, do go on mocking me for my belief in God. That obviously makes you a far better person than me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree