1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 19:45
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    'In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying.' (Isaiah 6:1-8)

That's a new one on me. 🙂
    That’s one of them, well done GoaD.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 19:52
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    That’s incorrect mate.
    Well if it is incorrect then produce the evidence that it is in the bible ... duh
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 19:542 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    'In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying.' (Isaiah 6:1-8)

That's a new one on me. 🙂
    What does that have to do with angels .. thats a 'being' with wings.

There are many heavenly beings with wings. Angels is not one.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 19:55
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    I would think that power is demonstrated when you move without the assistance of wings
    Sure thing. How about the four horsemen? Is this a reference to real horses?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 19:56
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Sure thing. How about the four horsemen? Is this a reference to real horses?
    Those are visions. Not real horses I would imagine
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 20:00
    You mean in all your deep readings of the bible you haven’t come across any evidence of angels having wings? Gosh we should ask you about everything.

You’re wrong btw.
    You should ask yourselves about everything. I maintain a belief that angels have wings . Certainly not physical. BTW how do youknow I'm wrong? Have you seen what I've seen? Its a bit presumptutious to just declare me 'wrong' , dont you think?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 20:03
    You should ask yourselves about everything. I maintain a belief that angels have wings . Certainly not physical. BTW how do youknow I'm wrong? Have you seen what I've seen? Its a bit presumptutious to just declare me 'wrong' , dont you think?
    On the previous page you were exercising your knowledge of the bible to agree with Rajk999 that there was no evidence to support it (that angels had wings).

Now you say they DO have wings...
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 20:10
    On the previous page you were exercising your knowledge of the bible to agree with Rajk999 that there was no evidence to support it (that angels had wings).

Now you say they DO have wings...
    Evidence? There isno consensus of truth around here. Not from the bible nor elsewhere. Personal experience is always the most reliable evidence. It should be cross-checked like anyother evidence. Better to ask how angels may help us or other practicle points than whether they have wings. I gave my view , please dont take it out of context. Cheers
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 20:591 edit
    Evidence? There isno consensus of truth around here. Not from the bible nor elsewhere. Personal experience is always the most reliable evidence. It should be cross-checked like anyother evidence. Better to ask how angels may help us or other practicle points than whether they have wings. I gave my view , please dont take it out of context. Cheers
    But above on this page you just said:

“ I maintain a belief that angels have wings .”

On the previous page you said you agreed with rajk999 that there was no evidence that angels had wings. You seem to be flummoxed by this thread.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 21:14

[b]“ I maintain a belief that angels have wings .”

On the previous page you said you agreed with rajk999 that there was no evidence that angels had wings. You seem to be flummoxed by this thread.[/b]
    Ahem ... Im waiting for the evidence from the Bible that angels have wings. So far we have a quote that seraphims have wings.

Angels in the Bible were very often mistaken for men [not women], and never was there any indication of wings.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 23:01

[b]“ I maintain a belief that angels have wings .”

On the previous page you said you agreed with rajk999 that there was no evidence that angels had wings. You seem to be flummoxed by this thread.[/b]
    I said I had not come across any evidence in the bible.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 23:48
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Way to assume the worst of people, Mr. Judgier-than-thou.
    Did the angel or angels you say visited you - and who you say spoke to you about your state of mind on that occasion - did they have wings?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 02:05
    You’re gonna hate me for this but I have to ask you anyway; irrespective of any scriptural accounts, did the angels who visited you personally, have wings?
    Nope, not a feather.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 02:51
    Ahem ... Im waiting for the evidence from the Bible that angels have wings. So far we have a quote that seraphims have wings.

Angels in the Bible were very often mistaken for men [not women], and never was there any indication of wings.
    Not sure if you would call these angels or not, if angels can be mistaken for men, could
    women with wings be mistaken for angels?

Zechariah 5:9
    Then I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, two women coming forward! The wind was in their wings. They had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between earth and heaven.

Ezekiel 11:22
    Then the cherubim lifted up their wings, with the wheels beside them, and the glory of the God of Israel was over them.

You guys can debate these if its important enough for you. 🙂
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 09:55

GoaD (the atheist) has already produced two fine examples of evidence

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree