Do angels have wings?

Do angels have wings?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Aug 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Well, I am an agnostic atheist. But I was a Christian for a long time. I would have found you a rather ludicrous fellow Christian even when I was one. So my posts here - even if I were still a Christian - would probably rub you up the wrong way and render you incapable of discussing anything properly or - indeed - representing your religion on a non-Christian forum in a reasonable way.
🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Aug 18

I understand Christians and Christianity well.
🙂

Moves
12 Aug 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
🙂
Smilie smilie smirkie

For some reason I’m reminded of Stephen Rea’s smirking portrayal of Santiago in Interview with a Vampire 1994

https://tenor.com/view/santiago-interview-vampire-smirk-gif-9960515

Moves
12 Aug 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Smilie smilie smirkie

For some reason I’m reminded of Stephen Rea’s smirking portrayal of Santiago in Interview with a Vampire 1994

https://tenor.com/view/santiago-interview-vampire-smirk-gif-9960515
🙂

S. Korea

Moves
13 Aug 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Serious (theological) question.

All thoughts, scriptures, rational, literalisms and metaphors welcome.
These are the sorts of questions that seem absurd in front of atheists, like yourself, because it i sbased on the writings of a book which are not accepted.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
13 Aug 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Presumably, people thought they must have wings if they are always flying 'up' to Heaven and back 'down' to earth in the course of their duties.

"I mean, seriously, how could they do that without wings?" 😕

And so much so that we are programmed now to understand that a human-looking person with wings in paintings must be a depiction of an angel.

I think it's more likely that they are multi-dimensional beings traveling through dimensions.
Well, there are angels and there are cherubim and seraphim. Any information we have about who they are, what they look like and there purpose is defined solely by scripture.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
13 Aug 18

I understand Christians and Christianity well.
Not by a long shot.

F

Moves
13 Aug 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
These are the sorts of questions that seem absurd in front of atheists, like yourself, because it i sbased on the writings of a book which are not accepted.
You believe divegeester is an atheist?

Moves
13 Aug 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
What makes you think that I am an atheist?