1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 18:181 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    Bible: humans were created from dust. Science: humans evolved from ape ancestors.

Seems like a contradiction to me.
    So-called science also claimed to know all the dust elements that the human body is made of and I saw a video in which an expert went around with a science news reporter and bought bags of fetilizer, charcoal, and the other things containing all the elements they needed to make a human for around $100 or so. But they still could not make a human. But that does not prove God could not have done it.

Evolution and Creation are both religious beliefs, because we must believe by blind faith that one or the other happened. There is no more evidence for evolution than there is for creation.

YouTube
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 18:33
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Light is light. It's not a matter of perspective.

Also, are you saying that the word of the bible is that of the authors? 😕
    of course it matters, is the perspective from the earth or somewhere else, is the light direct or diffused?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 18:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So-called science also claimed to know all the dust elements that the human body is made of and I saw a video in which an expert went around with a science news reporter and bought bags of fetilizer, charcoal, and the other things containing all the elements they needed to make a human for around $100 or so. But they still could not make a human. But that d ...[text shortened]... vidence for evolution than there is for creation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgDaViPUfZY
    Come on Hinds, that is crazy talk, seriously.

Evolution is not a religious belief, although i readily accept that those who follow a religion may find evolution as compatible to their faith and incorporate it into it.

And there is bucket loads of evidence for evolution. You just refuse to listen to it.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 18:531 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Come on Hinds, that is crazy talk, seriously.

Evolution is not a religious belief, although i readily accept that those who follow a religion may find evolution as compatible to their faith and incorporate it into it.

And there is bucket loads of evidence for evolution. You just refuse to listen to it.
    bucket loads you say? what is the actual evidence that we have evolved from apes as has been alleged? the actual physical evidence? can you tell us? how many buckets would it fill?
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 19:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    bucket loads you say? what is the actual evidence that we have evolved from apes as has been alleged? the actual physical evidence? can you tell us? how many buckets would it fill?
    Start a new thread for this. The point of this thread was to discuss the hypocrisy of Christians who expect atheists to answer their point and counter-point, yet refuse to do the same when they are asked to do so.

I think we have enough evidence that atheists are more than willing to answer even the dumbest questions posed by atheists. Let that be last thing everyone takes away from this thread.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 19:07
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 19:092 edits
    Start a new thread for this. The point of this thread was to discuss the hypocrisy of Christians who expect atheists to answer their point and counter-point, yet refuse to do the same when they are asked to do so.

I think we have enough evidence that atheists are more than willing to answer even the dumbest questions posed by atheists. Let that be last thing everyone takes away from this thread.
    You are of course aware that Christians are counseled to shun speech which they deem to be foolish?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 19:10
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Balderdash, one hundred percent pure unadulterated balderdash old chap, not vewy spiffing at all!
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 19:22
    You are of course aware that Christians are counseled to shun speech which they deem to be foolish?
    Or refuse to answer questions that make them uncomfortable.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 19:24
    Some of the best evidence would fit on the point of a pin whilst also measuring about 1.8m.
    Its called DNA.
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 19:38
    What a perfect excuse.

Smart guy: Decades of detailed, peer-reviewed genetic research coincides with evolutionary discoveries that point to shared ancestry with apes

Dumb guy: I can't argue with that. You must be foolish.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 19:473 edits
    What a perfect excuse.

Smart guy: Decades of detailed, peer-reviewed genetic research coincides with evolutionary discoveries that point to shared ancestry with apes

Dumb guy: I can't argue with that. You must be foolish.
    you keep parroting the same line that other atheists do as if it has some efficacy beyond that which you wish to endow it with, you think that by reading from the same recipe book you are somehow smarter than all the other people reading from a different recipe book. Its really quite tedious to be honest. In fact one wonders just how you measure intelligence, perhaps you can tell us?

Its not an excuse, you cannot after all stop and kick every dog that barks at you, can you?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 20:011 edit
    Atheism, as a negative worldview, cannot be validated to be true, nor can it account for rationality since its materialistic perspective cannot bridge the gap between absolute, conceptual realities (i.e., logical absolutes on which reason is based) and the principle of materialism--that all things in the universe can be understood in terms of motion, matter, chemical reactions, etc. Again, atheism can't be verified as being true since it is a position of negativity. A denial of the existence of something is almost always impossible to validate.

Atheists don't have a logical or reasonable answer. 😏
  14. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 20:05
    of course it matters, is the perspective from the earth or somewhere else, is the light direct or diffused?
    You don't make any sense to me now. Having spent I don't know how many posts disproving RJHinds' claims about junk DNA, I really lack the energy to go another round with you. I'm exhausted, and something tells me you won't give me an honest read anyway.

So, enjoy your delusion, and cheers. 🙂
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 20:08
    Originally posted by C Hess
    You don't make any sense to me now. Having spent I don't know how many posts disproving RJHinds' claims about junk DNA, I really lack the energy to go another round with you. I'm exhausted, and something tells me you won't give me an honest read anyway.

So, enjoy your delusion, and cheers. 🙂
    No logical or reasonable answer yet. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree