1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jun '15 08:52
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Prove the Harry Potter novels are not factual!!!
    Harry Potter novels are about training in the occult and the deception of the Devil and his demons.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '15 09:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Harry Potter novels are about training in the occult and the deception of the Devil and his demons.
    agreed.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Jun '15 09:44
    I didn't ask what they were about!
    I asked you to:

Prove the Harry Potter novels are not factual!!!
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jun '15 11:09
    I thought a story about a nerd and of good overcoming evil would be much to your liking. Are you really that insecure in your faith?

(Would ask this question of Robbie, but he'd just bang on about Archangels and oily fish).
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '15 15:021 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But they don't. Atheists dance around issues far more adroitly than any Christian.

Why do YOU reject God?
    AFAIAK there doesn't have to be a reason to "reject" God and I don't "reject" God any more than I reject Thor. Rejecting takes more energy than the subject merits.

In my case (I count myself as a non-theist) I introspect and find no belief in the existence of a deity. I report on this. Maybe someday this will change.

Is that dancing? It's an accurate report of my current state of mind. We can't all cut and paste our answers to fit your requirements. I am not being evasive.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jun '15 15:102 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But they don't. Atheists dance around issues far more adroitly than any Christian.

Why do YOU reject God?
    Okay, this is purely from a personal perspective, and no insult intended to anyone's faith.

As a child i believed in Father Christmas. I believed in his existence without question. Not only did my parents tell me he existed, the presents were there every Christmas morning to verify the fact. - Then when i was about nine i woke up early one Christmas eve and discovered my parents at the bottom of my bed, filling the empty stocking with presents. (Scared the life out of them when i sat up). I knew at that moment that Santa didn't exist. I had outgrown him.

God came in and out of my life in pretty much the same way. I don't think i ever rejected him as such, he sort of just washed through my life like a wave.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '15 15:19
    Originally posted by Dasa
    God can be proven to the honest man.

Intelligent design from the ant to the cosmos is the proof.

The dishonest atheists reject this simple and spectacular proof which is all around us in abundance.
    Perhaps from a paranoid perspective that is true. but this has all the signs of a cold case.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '15 15:36
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Your question is impossible to answerlf you don't define what you mean by consciousness, and I suspect that what you mean includes a woo-woo factor, essentially rendering any natural explanation a no-no, for you.

If consciousness is not an emergent property of brain activity, but its very own thing (like an apple), where is it anchored? How come it follows ...[text shortened]... for your woo-woo consciousness, because it's woo-woo by its very definition. Brilliant strategy.
    Didn't I say that consciousness is the characteristic of the soul that supports and assists cognition and awareness and intelligence.

No woo-woo factor just the truth according to the Vedic authority.

The soul within the body resides within the heart region, and this why many things in life are heart felt........(and then there is the focus and attention and the mental anguish of the restless mind.)

The soul residing in the region of the heart would be considered its anchor point, but at the same time it is free to leave/vacate/move on ..........and when this finally happens the body is pronounced dead.

The heart beats for about 80 to 90 years.(simply amazing) and pumps about 220 million liters of blood around the body by beating about 3.7 billion heart beats.

For a person of science to say there is (no intelligent design) in nature, is an insult to the beating heart and every other body part we posses, what to speak of the millions of animals that walk and crawl and swim and fly on this earth, that also have hearts and lungs and blood and eyes and also the life giving ( SOUL within ) because they live like we do accept for their measured covered consciousness.

Consciousness and mind are not the same.

Where ever you have the soul you shall have consciousness, however the consciousness may be covered over like in the case of a tree and it can be very elevated like in the case of a great saintly personality.

The teachings in the Vedas that give us true religion, will clean the material dust from the contaminated heart, and this is what is called raising the consciousness to Krsna Consciousness.(God consciousness)

Krsna Consciousness is out true spiritual loving consciousness as compared to mundane contaminated and ignorant consciousness.

Consciousness that is mundane and contaminated by ignorance cannot return home Back to Godhead.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '15 15:50
    Originally posted by JS357
    Perhaps from a paranoid perspective that is true. but this has all the signs of a cold case.
    The little birds that fly in the sky effortlessly, and the whales that swim our oceans for hundreds of thousands of miles, and the humans that write poetry and design electronic masterpieces, these and more are the proof of Super Intelligent Design.

Rejecting this simple but magnificent proof is shamelessly dishonest.

Note: Super Intelligent Design is 100% proof of God, because a million scientists with a trillion dollars cannot make a little ant.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jun '15 16:36

Rejecting this simple but magnificent proof is shamelessly dishonest.

Note: Super Intelligent Design is 100% proof of God, because a million scientists with a trillion dollars cannot make a little ant.[/b]
    For the love of God, stop calling people dishonest! (Or at the very least learn the meaning of the word).
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Jun '15 18:27
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    For the love of God, stop calling people dishonest! (Or at the very least learn the meaning of the word).
    You are wasting your time, people have been telling him he is using it incorrectly for the last four years at least.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jun '15 19:06
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You are wasting your time, people have been telling him he is using it incorrectly for the last four years at least.
    Perhaps i'll just haunt the fellow.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '15 20:16

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Jun '15 21:56
    The little birds that fly in the sky effortlessly, and the whales that swim our oceans for hundreds of thousands of miles, and the humans that write poetry and design electronic masterpieces, these and more are the proof of Super Intelligent Design.

And the birds (with useless wings) which cannot fly!
    What "Super Intelligent Design" is that proof of?

Why put wings on a flightless creature?
    Can a Creator myth explan that?
    Evolution can!
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Jun '15 21:58

Note: Super Intelligent Design is 100% proof of God, because a million scientists with a trillion dollars cannot make a little ant.
    Super Intelligent Design would be supporting evidence for Intelligent Design.

But there is no proof of "Super Intelligent Design".
    All animals are flawed ... the more recently evolved the more obvious the flaws.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree