1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 20:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No logical or reasonable answer yet. 馃槒
    That's because you're looking for answers on youtube.

You numptie
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 20:27
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    That's because you're looking for answers on youtube.

You numptie
    Atheist evolutionist loses debate to Christian Creationist

YouTube
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 20:36
    Jer. 5:21 (King James version): "Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not."
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 20:46
    Originally posted by C Hess
    You don't make any sense to me now. Having spent I don't know how many posts disproving RJHinds' claims about junk DNA, I really lack the energy to go another round with you. I'm exhausted, and something tells me you won't give me an honest read anyway.

So, enjoy your delusion, and cheers. 馃檪
    ok look dude, ill make it simple for you,

The Genesis account relates that during the fourth creative “day,” God caused luminaries to “come to be in the expanse of the heavens.” (Ge 1:14, 19) This does not indicate the coming into existence of light (Heb., 始ohr) itself, since this is shown to have existed previously. (Ge 1:3) Nor does it state that the sun, moon, and stars were created at this point. The initial verse of the Bible states: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” (Ge 1:1) Thus the heavens with their celestial bodies, including the sun, existed for an undetermined period of time prior to the processes and events stated as occurring during the six creative periods described in the following verses of the first chapter of Genesis.

It should be noted that, whereas Genesis 1:1 states that God “created” (Heb., ba·ra始使) the heavens and the earth in the beginning, verses 16 and 17 state that, during the fourth creative “day,” “God proceeded to make [Heb., a form of 式a·sah使] the two great luminaries, the greater luminary for dominating the day and the lesser luminary for dominating the night, and also the stars. Thus God put them in the expanse of the heavens to shine upon the earth.” The Hebrew word 式a·sah使, often translated “make,” can mean simply to establish (2Sa 7:11), appoint (De 15:1), form (Jer 18:4), or prepare (Ge 21:8).

Thus the record here states what the already existing sun, moon, and stars now became in relation to planet Earth. On the first “day” light (Heb., 始ohr) evidently gradually penetrated the cloud layers still enveloping the earth and would have become visible to an earthly observer, had he been present. (Ge 1:3) On the fourth “day” things changed. The statement that “God put them in the expanse of the heavens” on that day expresses the fact that God caused the sources of light (Heb., ma·始ohr使), namely, the sun, moon, and stars, to become discernible in the expanse.

jw.org

I resent your assertion that I will not give you an honest answer, as far as I can discern I have never been dishonest to you.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 21:031 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you keep parroting the same line that other atheists do as if it has some efficacy beyond that which you wish to endow it with, you think that by reading from the same recipe book you are somehow smarter than all the other people reading from a different recipe book. Its really quite tedious to be honest. In fact one wonders just how you measure in ...[text shortened]... ?

Its not an excuse, you cannot after all stop and kick every dog that barks at you, can you?
    The only science that most theists object is the ones that contradict their biblical beliefs. For example: do you (as in Robbie Carrobie), diasgree with any other scientific theory? Do you object to general relativity? The theory of Gravity? Astronomy? In other words, which science that doesn't contradict your religious beliefs do you object to?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 21:152 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    The only science that most theists object is the ones that contradict their biblical beliefs. For example: do you (as in Robbie Carrobie), diasgree with any other scientific theory? Do you object to general relativity? The theory of Gravity? Astronomy? In other words, which science that doesn't contradict your religious beliefs do you object to?
    I have already stated that the Bible differs in its perspective of the origin of life and that it takes as much greater leap of faith to believe in life from non living matter than that of a creator. Where the Bible touches on matters of science its wholly accurate.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 22:22
    ... it takes as much greater leap of faith to believe in life from non living matter than that of a creator.
    Really? The Creation story has God creating man out of the dust of the earth. Was this dust living? No? Then I guess it only takes as much faith to believe in life from non-living matter as it does to believe in a creator.

Biogenesis and Evolution are tools of God. But too many "creationists" only want to believe God is only capable of parlor tricks in the creation of man.

God: Look inside the hat. Empty, right? Well, hocus-pocus, and... POOF!
    A man! Ta-daaa!!

Ummmm, not exactly.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 22:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Evolution and Creation are both religious beliefs, because we must believe by blind faith that one or the other happened. There is no more evidence for evolution than there is for creation.
    I believe both happened.

Why is your God so puny that he cannot use evolution to create man, or the big bang to create the universe?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 22:29
    Notice how there was not even one question on this thread that atheists didn't answer IMMEDIATELY.

I wish Christians here would be just as mature.
    And I wish atheists here would be as fair in judging us as they are in judging themselves.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 22:292 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Really? The Creation story has God creating man out of the dust of the earth. Was this dust living? No? Then I guess it only takes as much faith to believe in life from non-living matter as it does to believe in a creator.

Biogenesis and Evolution are tools of God. But too many "creationists" only want to believe God is only capable of parlor tricks ...[text shortened]... hat. Empty, right? Well, hocus-pocus, and... POOF!
    A man! Ta-daaa!!

Ummmm, not exactly.
    You have stated this before and it was proven that not only do you not have a shred of scriptural evidence for your ludicrous claims but that your ideas are anti Biblical for as was pointed out at the time the idea of a creator and the idea of abiogenesis i.e life from non living matter spontaneously self generating in a pre biotic soup are mutually exclusive. I dont expect you to accept the fact or even understand it.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 22:32
    It would be nice if just one Christian here acknowledged that atheists reliably answer questions from theists, contrary to Christians doing the same with atheists.
    But they don't. Atheists dance around issues far more adroitly than any Christian.

Why do YOU reject God?
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 22:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But they don't. Atheists dance around issues far more adroitly than any Christian.

Why do YOU reject God?
    Because he's not real.

Next?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 22:44
    You have stated this before and it was proven that not only do you not have a shred of scriptural evidence for your ludicrous claims but that your ideas are anti Biblical for as was pointed out at the time the idea of a creator and the idea of abiogenesis i.e life from non living matter spontaneously self generating in a pre biotic soup are mutually exclusive. I dont expect you to accept the fact or even understand it.
    Here, let me help you pull some of that stuffing out of your head so you can wrap your mind around what I'm saying. Yes, a creator did some creating. His tools were the physical laws of this world. Science is quite capable of explaining the processes that created the universe and how man came to be on this planet. But you cannot even for a millisecond get your head around the idea that this was God's design. Yes, Goddidit. But you're not going to see any evidence of that, because he used natural processes to accomplish his task. It's exactly like science says it happened. But you cannot pull your puny concept of God out of the little box you put him in to think that these natural processes were the actual hand of God. This is why I've always said that creationists have the weakest faith of all. Science got it right. They know how it all happened. But what they miss is EXACTLY what you lot miss. That this is how God accomplished all that he did. They see how, and we see why. But each side is so proud of their accomplishment in figuring out their half that they cannot give up their pride to give the other side their due. This vanity is all that keeps man from understanding the whole truth.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 22:51
    Because he's not real.

Next?
    Well, there's always a first time.

And I'm guessing I wouldn't have seen it this time either, except you wanted to prove you could indeed answer the question. 99.99% of the time, this question gets answered, "I don't reject God." ... and the dance starts.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 23:001 edit
    The only science that most theists object is the ones that contradict their biblical beliefs.
    This is not always true.

My faith is strong enough to bend around any science evidence. In fact, science only bolsters my faith. Science *should* show the believer just how amazing their God is. Explain that one.

I haven't found the science yet that contradicts any of my belief. Just try me. My God is far bigger than the puny God of the creationists.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree