1. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 10:021 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That is because you are looking at it from your point of view only. Many americans take thier patriotism so seriously that an insult to Bush or to america, comming from a foreigner is seen as a major thing. From thier point of view insulting 'the Prophet' is not serious at all.
    I only gave Bush as an example but insults of both Jesus and the Pope by musl ...[text shortened]... er prophet or God as it is Gods job (not yours) to deal with such transgresions(if he exists).
    1) I said Insulting is prohibited for any one for muslims, I didn't say I agree with that.

2) Muslims don't insult Juses, actually part of their faith is to belive in him as messanger of GOD.

3) If GOD doesn't exit you will not be here. And because he exit he will ask us what we did to prevent people from insulting him. You ask muslims to respect you, why don't you respect muslims even if you don't belive. Freedom doesn't mean you are free to hurt others.

4) Finally That is not what I care about, I care about a message that I want to tell. Try to know islam before you Judge it.

Regards
  2. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 10:27
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Who was to be blamed for this situation. USA , IRAQ People, ISLAM, ISLAM People. Who do you think is the reason for all of that. The islamic system or the Christian Amirican System. The system in Iraq was not islamic and actually there is no country no using the islamic system as it should be so they are suffering.

You claim that the islamic system is t ...[text shortened]... slam from another point of view and study it. And then you are free to think what ever you do.
    Let's be simple. Just look are the world today. Where are the majority of the wars? The USA thought they're doing the Iraqis good by giving them freedom. But everyone want to be the king. What do they know about peace? Nothing! Even when they're down in resources and obviously incapable to fighting they still want to fight. I am dismayed the see palestinians throwing stones at Isrealis tanks. Even when people pity them and didn't want to harm them, they still provoke people to fight. And when people still refused to fight, what do they do? They tie themselves up in bombs and blow themselves up in the enemy's territory. So you tell me, who starts the war?

Maybe you are saying they don't represent Islam. And yes, maybe you are right. But not these people. They proclaim that they're fighting for religious cause. So it's just fair that some of us take their word for it.

And so they blew up the tower with aeroplanes. The whole thing came down to the ground. Not only Americans die. Even muslims die along. Children and women are also not spared. And they chanted Allah hu Akbar! Now you may say they are not muslim.... but to us, they are!

By the way, I'm not offended. I am just speaking my mind here. I have criticized christianity also. I don't mind playing you. The opening is known as the sicilian defence.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 11:14
    3) If GOD doesn't exit you will not be here. And because he exit he will ask us what we did to prevent people from insulting him. You ask muslims to respect you, why don't you respect muslims even if you don't belive. Freedom doesn't mean you are free to hurt others.
    I was merely pointing out that your claim that an insult to something you believe in is worse than an insult to something someone else believe in is not a valid claim. For example, by saying that God exists, you are insulting my inteligence. You want people to get to know Islam but I doubt that you have made an effort to get to know thier religions or beliefs. I do respect muslims but that doesnt mean I can never say anything against thier beliefs or actions. I certainly oppose any muslim (or anyone else) who thinks that violence against innocent people is justified when somebody else insults thier beliefs.
  4. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 11:14
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Fortunately, not every Muslim is an idiot:

http://www.askasia.org/teachers/essays/essay.php?no=82
    Ok. Do you think the general Islamic reaction to depictions of Mohammed are reasonable?
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 11:47
    Originally posted by David C
    Ok. Do you think the general Islamic reaction to depictions of Mohammed are reasonable?
    I don't know what the "general" reaction was. In South Africa, there was a protest march which proceeded without incident. I gather the protests elsewhere in the world weren't so peaceful. I can't draw any conclusions from that. Orthodox Islam itself is about as attractive as the RCC, so there's a good chance a great many asininities issued from that holy orifice.
  6. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 12:08
    I don't know what the "general" reaction was.
    My observation was that the general reaction was one of "outrage" at the "insult". Is it reasonable to consider a drawing or depiction (whatever the context) as demanding this reaction?
  7. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 12:16
    Either you are taking the peas, or you are really a bit thick. Either way, very boring.
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 12:18
    My observation was that the general reaction was one of "outrage" at the "insult". Is it reasonable to consider a drawing or depiction (whatever the context) as demanding this reaction?
    Is it reasonable to feel outrage at anything? Digital mock-ups of yourself fornicating with your mother and a pig, posted on the Internet, for example. You might not, but you can't really blame someone else if they were (not everyone is blessed with a truly wise sense of humour).

Those cartoons were a deliberate insult; guess what--they worked: the object(s) of derision were insulted!
  9. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 12:20
    Orthodox Islam itself is about as attractive as the RCC, so there's a good chance a great many asininities issued from that holy orifice.
    "Orthodox Islam itself is about as attractive [to you] as the RCC, so there's a good chance a great many asininities issued from that holy orifice"

Where's all that tolerance and respect you rattle on about gone? Are you really as bigoted and hypocritical as so many of the other phonies who post against racism, bigotry and hypocrisy?

I'm honestly a little disappointed.
  10. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 12:36
    Those cartoons were a deliberate insult; guess what--they worked: the object(s) of derision were insulted!
    Fine. The pig-fornication hyperbole aside, the object(s) of dersion are also commanded to react in a violent manner if Mohammed was merely depicted sitting in a garden surrounded by flowers and sunshine. Even if the S.A. protests were peaceful, I'm sure you heard that elsewhere there was violence. The cartoonist was placed under a death sentence. Are we still within the realm of reason?
  11. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 12:47
    I don't know what the "general" reaction was. In South Africa, there was a protest march which proceeded without incident. I gather the protests elsewhere in the world weren't so peaceful. I can't draw any conclusions from that. Orthodox Islam itself is about as attractive as the RCC, so there's a good chance a great many asininities issued from that holy orifice.
    Let me tell you the reaction of Malaysians. Somehow the cartoons of the prophet Mohd became such a huge thing. I myself didn't have the chance to see the cartoon even. But apparently one of our local papers published the cartoon to show Malaysians what the havoc was all about. You know what? That paper, incidentally been established for ages, was forced to close; their licence were revoked by the Malaysian government. The publication of the cartoon apparently considered as insensitive to the Muslims. Always amazing reaction!

A couple of years ago, one of our local artistes who's a muslim intended to marry another singer from Indonesia. But the Indonesian was a Christian. So our artiste wanted to convert to christian. But she abandoned the idea after receiving threats that someone will pour acid onto her face. That is the story of freedom of religion in our country.

Having said that, however, I'm happy to be a Malaysian. In spite of many religions, races, customs and traditions, we are generally a peaceful country. We tolerate each other well. It is not perfect..... far from it. But at least we don't kill each other.
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 13:02
    Originally posted by sjeg
    "Orthodox Islam itself is about as attractive [to you] as the RCC, so there's a good chance a great many asininities issued from that holy orifice".
    My sentence is poorly worded: of course it doesn't follow logically that because I find two religious organisations unattractive, idiocies are likely to have been uttered. Sloppy writing!

I don't like institutional religion. I find it flatly stupid that some Muslim clerics outlaw chess or that the RCC won't allow female clergy. That doesn't allow me to go on to make judgements about a person based on their religion. Criticism vs. intolerance. I suppose it can be a fine line.
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 13:051 edit
    The cartoonist was placed under a death sentence. Are we still within the realm of reason?
    No, we are now in the realm of politics.

Religions build up weirdness as time goes by. Sometimes they come to resemble the opposite of what they originally might have stood for. Veneration of Mohammed, for example, strikes me as idolatry (the formula "there is only one god & M is his prophet" doesn't come from the Koran). Heresy is the best policy.

--Personally, I truly can't understand or justify the violent reaction to the cartoons. I also can't understand why some people get so excited about football. Pity my limited insight into the human condition!
  14. Et in Arcadia ego...
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 14:421 edit
    My sentence is poorly worded: of course it doesn't follow logically that because I find two religious organisations unattractive, idiocies are likely to have been uttered. Sloppy writing!

I don't like institutional religion. I find it flatly stupid that some Muslim clerics outlaw chess or that the RCC won't allow female clergy. That doesn't allow m ...[text shortened]... person based on their religion. Criticism vs. intolerance. I suppose it can be a fine line.
    Fair enough- perhaps I read you wrong...

(but that doesn't explain 'holy orifice', though 😠 does it, which I took as rather needlessly disrespectful?? )

Anyway, I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt- you answered for yourself, so cheers.
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 16:53
    1) I said Insulting is prohibited for any one for muslims, I didn't say I agree with that.

2) Muslims don't insult Juses, actually part of their faith is to belive in him as messanger of GOD.

3) If GOD doesn't exit you will not be here. And because he exit he will ask us what we did to prevent people from insulting him. You ask muslims to respect you, ...[text shortened]... are about a message that I want to tell. Try to know islam before you Judge it.

Regards
    1) When I say Islam I don't mean muslims. Unfourtionatly many muslims today or mulsims by name and I can't judge on their reaction.

2) If some come to your house and stell you money, and occupies your place and try to hurt you and your family , what will be your reaction? If you responsed to that will you be accused to start a war with him?

This has nothing to do with religon I think.

Also this has nothing to do with what I wanted to say. I asked what to do you know about islam and it seems all what you know is war. And as many others plame us for all the eivl in the world althoug that all act of media.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree