1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 14:36
    @fmf said
    Dasa believed that Christians were atheists. Never mind that.

Do you "fear" Dasa's threat that you might be reincarnated as a cockroach if you persist with your Christian beliefs?
    Wait for it....wait for it....
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 15:27
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

That is not the same thing sonship. I did not ask you to indicate that Hindus believe in reincarnation. (Obviously they do). I asked you to confirm you understand they believe 'THE SAME SOUL' is reincarnated.

Can you do that?!

RE-incarnation of the soul is taught in Hinduism.
    Incarnated again and again and again, the same soul.
    Splendid.

Please maintain that knowledge in 6 months time when the topic is discussed again.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 17:473 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

It was unnecessary.

My question is still the same.

If you want to address anything tell me WHO ... WHO gets rewarded with final release from the tiresome cycle of Reincarnation say, for Life 1 -->2 ---> 3 --->4 ---> 2,990,479 (if that is how many re-cycles occurred) ?

Does Life 2,990,479 become happy having discharged all karma and released into the Ultimate Cosmic Unity (of sorts)?

I will accept "I don't know" as a legitimate answer.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 20:07
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

It was unnecessary.

My question is still the same.

If you want to address anything tell me WHO ... WHO gets rewarded with final release from the tiresome cycle of Reincarnation say, for Life 1 -->2 ---> 3 --->4 ---> 2,990,479 (if that is how many re-cycles occurred) ?

Does Life 2,990,479 become happy having discharged all karma and re ...[text shortened]... Ultimate Cosmic Unity (of sorts)?

I will accept "I don't know" as a legitimate answer.
    As it is the 'SAME SOUL' that is reincarnated (again and again) it is the 'SAME SOUL' that finally gets released into the 'Ultimate Cosmic Unity.'

All 2,990,479 lives (in your example) are the 'SAME SOUL' making their spiritual journey towards enlightenment and release.

Your question is a strange one, having just confirmed you understand that it is the 'SAME SOUL' that is reincarnated (each life a consequence of the karma of the previous incarnation).
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 01:15
    @fmf said
    Dasa believed that Christians were atheists. Never mind that.

Do you "fear" Dasa's threat that you might be reincarnated as a cockroach if you persist with your Christian beliefs?
    Idiotic.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 01:201 edit
    @secondson said
    Idiotic.
    I don't agree. There is a reason sonship is running away from the question "Do you 'fear' Dasa's threat that you might be reincarnated as a cockroach if you persist with your Christian beliefs?" I would not call either sonship's or Dasa's superstitions "idiotic". But both resisted scrutiny of their beliefs and just made assertions [coupled with personal remarks] instead.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 01:31
    @fmf said
    I don't agree. There is a reason sonship is running away from the question "Do you 'fear' Dasa's threat that you might be reincarnated as a cockroach if you persist with your Christian beliefs?" I would not call either sonship's or Dasa's superstitions "idiotic". But both resisted scrutiny of their beliefs and just made assertions [coupled with personal remarks] instead.
    It's idiotic. Neither sonship nor I or any other Christian gives even the slightest credence to reincarnation.

There's no such thing. It's idiotic.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 01:37
    @secondson said
    It's idiotic. Neither sonship nor I or any other Christian gives even the slightest credence to reincarnation.

The fact that sonship doesn't give credence to reincarnation is the point. You obviously haven't been following the exchanges over the last week or so.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 01:58
    @secondson said
    Neither sonship nor I or any other Christian gives even the slightest credence to reincarnation.There's no such thing.
    Would it be "perfect justice" if you were reincarnated as a cockroach by a divine entity that you feel [as a non-believer in this instance] you have no credible reason to believe exists?

What would have been the purpose of threatening you ~ a non-believer ~ with that fate?

And what would be the point of inflicting that punishment on you in secret, meaning that the non-believers who live on after you were unaware you had been reincarnated as a cockroach?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 05:453 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

As it is the 'SAME SOUL' that is reincarnated (again and again) it is the 'SAME SOUL' that finally gets released into the 'Ultimate Cosmic Unity.'

All 2,990,479 lives (in your example) are the 'SAME SOUL' making their spiritual journey towards enlightenment and release.

Your question is a strange one, having just confirmed you understand that it is the 'SAME SOUL' that is reincarnated (each life a consequence of the karma of the previous incarnation).

Did Krishna attain Moksha?

I see depictions of him with a body, a blueish one.
    Did he arrive at Moksha such that he lost at last that blueish body? Did he escape the recycle of the body so that in Nirvana he no longer had a body ?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 08:54
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

[quote] As it is the 'SAME SOUL' that is reincarnated (again and again) it is the 'SAME SOUL' that finally gets released into the 'Ultimate Cosmic Unity.'

Your question is a strange one, having just confirmed you understand ...[text shortened]... hat blueish body? Did he escape the recycle of the body so that in Nirvana he no longer had a body ?
    Are you going to answer FMF’s question?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 08:561 edit
    @secondson said

But believing in literal multi-headed beasts being ridden by literal whores literally wearing clothes dripping with the literal blood of Christians is completely rational...?

Edit: this is what KellyJay claims.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 09:26
    @secondson said

Please explain why it is okay for you to call a key facet of another religion (reincarnation) idiotic and why it would not be okay for me (as an atheist) to call the resurrection of Jesus idiotic?

Is it only necessary for respect to be shown to your own particular religion?
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 09:40
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

[quote] As it is the 'SAME SOUL' that is reincarnated (again and again) it is the 'SAME SOUL' that finally gets released into the 'Ultimate Cosmic Unity.'

Your question is a strange one, having just confirmed you understand ...[text shortened]... hat blueish body? Did he escape the recycle of the body so that in Nirvana he no longer had a body ?
    All enlightened souls escape the cycle of rebirth and attain 'unity.' (However you want to describe it). Krishna himself was an incarnation of Vishnu (Godhead of the Hindu Trinity of deities).

You might also be interested in this link which explores the connection between Krishna and Jesus:

www.near-death.com/reincarnation/jesus/krishna.html
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 10:442 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

All enlightened souls escape the cycle of rebirth and attain 'unity.' (However you want to describe it). Krishna himself was an incarnation of Vishnu (Godhead of the Hindu Trinity of deities).

You might also be interested in this link which explores the connection between Krishna and Jesus:

www.near-death.com/reincarnation/jesus/krishna.html

I am studying something else. But I am studying already.

https://carm.org/hinduism-terms
    https://carm.org/hinduism

And related articles on Hinduism at CARM - (Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry)

The three primary deities of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva is called Trimurti.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree