Does Death Mean Non-existence?

Does Death Mean Non-existence?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 19

@FMF

Here is an example of your lies. I did not say what you claim. It was specifically addressed to you. It as not to "posters who acuse you of plagairism."

You'd rather be dead than have the kind of mind that posters who accuse you of plagiarism have.

You're a liar.
Go get it.
Cut and paste the comment.

You are "becoming like Jesus".

That's right. All Christians are. Because of the faithfulness of Christ.

I did not brag that I was more like Jesus everyday, which is the line you dishonestly touted.

Go get the quote. Cut and paste it in.

You do not have some moral high ground here you think you have.

F

Moves
12 Feb 19

@sonship said
@FMF

Since you enjoy it so much read it again. (That is enjoy dismissing it as demented nonsense).
"The saved shall glorify God, by their endless happiness : the lost, by their endless woe. They will be hung in chains as an example to deter other worlds. That punishment is designed to deter others from like guilt, is again and again asserted of God."

What definition of "glorify" are you plagiarizing here?

F

Moves
12 Feb 19

@sonship said
@FMF

You'd rather be dead than have the kind of mind that posters who accuse you of plagiarism have.

You're a liar.
What is it about my posting that makes you prefer to be dead rather than to have my mind, then?

F

Moves
12 Feb 19

@sonship said

You are "becoming like Jesus".

That's right. All Christians are. Because of the faithfulness of Christ.
Are you "becoming like Jesus" today? Were you "becoming like Jesus" yesterday? Were you "becoming like Jesus" the day before yesterday? Which days are you "becoming like Jesus" on and which days are you not "becoming like Jesus" on?

F

Moves
12 Feb 19

@sonship said

You're a liar.
Go get it.
Cut and paste the comment.
If I were a fellow Christian who was "becoming like Jesus" every day here at RHP, do you think I would have refrained from expressing my belief that you had plagiarized Robert Govette?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 19
5 edits

You were confronted later for having posted the demented nonsense.

You insisted that you had posted no such thing.

Divegeester made a big deal (and STILL does) out of "other worlds" that I was talking about life on other planets. His desire was to scandalize this. Ie. "Wacky Christian mixes ETs with Bible in doctrine. STRANGE beliefs " [paraphrased]

While "other worlds" conceivably could be meant that way, one cannot insist that that is the only meaning or that I was making a strong dogmatic position about life on other planets.

The phrase as I used it (or copied from Govette) - "other worlds" does not have to mean not right here on this planet. The NT speaks of this world and that to come.

And by God creating a new heaven and a new earth, maybe there will be new lives here or elsewhere.

That is not a major point of my echoing Govette there. It is that God obtains glory not only by the positive fulfillment of His eternal purpose and salvation but on the overwhelming eternal defeat of those who followed Satan.

As for the word Provoked?
You don't provoke? Is that what you're saying?

Other posters have remarked on your tactics.
Some moral high ground you don't have here.

F

Moves
12 Feb 19
1 edit

@sonship said
You don't provoke? Is that what you're saying?
I have never accused you of anything like eating animal excrement or spreading germs like an unclean dog or being a stinky leper or hoping I would be dead rather than have your mind or anything remotely like that. What I have done, though, is expressed dissent and disagreement with the things you claim here - in a kind of come-what-may way - for over a decade.

F

Moves
12 Feb 19

@sonship said
"The saved shall glorify God, by their endless happiness : the lost, by their endless woe. They will be hung in chains as an example to deter other worlds. That punishment is designed to deter others from like guilt, is again and again asserted of God."
This is directed at people like me, of course. Do you have any evidence that it's true or real?

F

Moves
12 Feb 19

@sonship said
God obtains glory not only by the positive fulfillment of His eternal purpose and salvation but on the overwhelming eternal defeat of those who followed Satan.
So these non-Christians are on fire and being hung out on chains as revenge for their lack of belief and this [1] "glorifies" their creator? [How so?] and [2] deters aliens on other planets from being non-Christians like the burning humans on the chains? [How so?]

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 19

@FMF

Our thoughts about you are like water off a duck's back. Remember?

Though you'd love it, the next 35 posts by me on this thread will not be about you. Go ahead talk about FMF.

If I "disappear" it is because of boredom.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 19

@FMF
"So ..." FMF's innuendos.

"So in other words ..." FMF's accusations.

"So you're saying then ..." FMF's twistings.

"What ME provoke ???"

Anyone wanting to talk about FMF for the rest of the night, here's your chance.

Goodnight.

F

Moves
12 Feb 19

@sonship said
Our thoughts about you are like water off a duck's back. Remember?
Your fearmongering is like water off a duck's back. Your 'moral compass', such that it is, and the effect of "Jesus" on your character, is interesting though.

F

Moves
12 Feb 19

@sonship said
@FMF
"So ..." FMF's innuendos.

"So in other words ..." FMF's accusations.

"So you're saying then ..." FMF's twistings.

"What ME provoke ???"
I have never made any innuendo that your beliefs are like eating animal excrement or any innuendo that you are spreading germs or any innuendo that you are like an unclean dog or a stinky leper or any innuendo about how I would rather be dead than have your mind or any other innuendos even remotely like that. Nothing like that. Literally nothing. Metaphorically nothingt like that. Innuendo-wise, nothing like that. at all. No.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
12 Feb 19

@sonship said
You were confronted later for having posted the demented nonsense.

You insisted that you had posted no such thing.

Divegeester made a big deal (and STILL does) out of "other worlds" that I was talking about life on other planets. His desire was to scandalize this. Ie. "Wacky Christian mixes ETs with Bible in doctrine. STRANGE beliefs " ...[text shortened]...

Other posters have remarked on your tactics.
Some moral high ground you don't have here.
"The phrase as I used it (or copied from Govette) - "other worlds" does not have to mean not right here on this planet. The NT speaks of this world and that to come."

That in a nutshell is why it is important to separate your own work from the work of others. In this instance you most likely misunderstood the expression 'other worlds' as used by Govette and got yourself into a right old mess.

Such are the pitfalls of plagiarism.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
12 Feb 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I copied a paragraph from a book and latter sourced the book.
I helped any complainers to know who they could bring their complaint to.

Fair Use is not always that cut and dry. But if you want to say I plagiarized Robert Govette's book, go ahead. The book is a series of lectures and on page 10 in the article Eternal Punishment I copied (not cut ...[text shortened]... ith Department Chairs, Deans, UNIT or the Office of the Vice President and General Counsel. [/quote]
"The book is a series of lectures and on page 10 in the article Eternal Punishment I copied (not cut and pasted) verbatim some words from that page. And did not indicate I was using his book until latter."

Why? Why didn't you provide the source at the time when you knew you were using his words verbatim? Why did it take someone asking you to provide the source for you to do so? Why do you alone have the right to use someone else's words and not give them credit?

And curious your choose to link to 'Fair Use' - Section 107 of the Copyright, to try and justify your use of plagiarism. You did a similar thing when you called another poster an idiot, and instead of apologising, posted biblical passages to try and justify calling another person an idiot. - I guess pride prevents you from apologising or admitting you acted incorrectly?