1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 14:06
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Why? Why didn't you provide the source at the time when you knew you were using his words verbatim? Why did it take someone asking you to provide the source for you to do so? Why do you alone have the right to use someone else's words and not give them credit?
    Maybe sonship was "provoked"?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 14:47
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Since you enjoy it so much read it again. (That is enjoy dismissing it as demented nonsense).

"The saved shall glorify God, by their endless happiness : the lost, by their endless woe. They will be hung in chains as an example to deter other worlds. That punishment is designed to deter others from like guilt, is again and again asserted of God."
    This quote is demented nonsense; that you previously posted it here (without citing the author) is one of the reasons I say you have “sonship’s strange beliefs”.

Some of your beliefs are strange, very strange.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 14:48
    @sonship said
    @FMF

You'd rather be dead than have the kind of mind that posters who accuse you of plagiarism have.

You're a liar.
    Go get it.
    Cut and paste the comment.
    I remember you posting this.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 14:531 edit
    @sonship said
    You were confronted later for having posted the demented nonsense.

You insisted that you had posted no such thing.

Divegeester made a big deal (and STILL does) out of "other worlds" that I was talking about life on other planets. His desire was to scandalize this. Ie. "Wacky Christian mixes ETs with Bible in doctrine. STRANGE beliefs " ...[text shortened]...
    And by God creating a new heaven and a new earth, maybe there will be new lives here or elsewhere.
    Your posting is riddled with strange beliefs and doctrinal errors, it oozes vaingloriousness and pride. You plagiarise other writers and sometimes you have no idea what it is you are actually plagiarising as in this case with Govette.

And now here we are, a few years later and still you are bleating on about being the victim and how you have been misrepresented.

That you can post this utter crap by Govette, and that you’ve stood by it for years, and that you have no idea what it means speaks volumes about you and your waffle.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 14:57
    “Fountain of blood” - Plagiarism.

There is no “fountain of blood” in the bible - blind ignorance

Defended to hilt with waffle.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 09:241 edit
    No demonstration from Scripture that physical death meaning non-existence yet.

I just re-read the whole thread.
    Where was it ?

Did Jesus teach that physical death meant total oblivion of non-existence ?

If he had He would not have told the believing thief who died with him that on that day he would be with Him in Paradise.

That day - they DIED. (Luke 23:43; 46)

Unless you believe Jesus meant Paradise was non-existence, you have to believe He meant thought DEAD they would be together somewhere.

If you think Jesus means "Paradise" is non-existence then every human being came from Paradise. Once we all did not exist.

That doesn't make much sense.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 09:252 edits
    Furthermore Jesus told a story of two men who died and went to the realm of death - one in a pleasant section and the other in a punishing section - uncomfortable.

Argument has been long held that is was or was not a parable. I think however you understand His intention in Luke 16:19-31, I think if Christ knew for certain that no such situation after death was possible, He would have been unrighteous to leave an impression of its possibility.

That's not like Jesus Christ at all. And I cannot think of any parable of Jesus which contains details which are impossible to imagine happening in any regard.

A woman can mix leaven with meal.
    A dragnet can bring fish out of the sea onto the land.
    A plant (like a small mustard seed), may grow to a large tree.
    A woman can sweep her house looking for a lost coin.
    A prodigal son can change his mind and return home.
    A house can be built on rock or sand.
    A man may decide to amputate a member of his body (unlikely he would, but he could)
    A blind man can attempt to lead another blind man.
    A man may count the cost of building a tower.
    etc. etc.

The point is that IF ... Luke 16:19-31 was a parable (an arguable case maybe) it would stand out in having someone's personal name indicated "Lazarus", and impossible details (if they are) would make it completely atypical of His parables.

My opinion is that it was probably something which He knew about. And it could have been something that occurred recently during His ministry, maybe even before His redemptive death. But I don't know for sure.

"But he [Abraham] said to him, If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone rises from the dead." (v.31)
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 09:57
    @FMF

Maybe sonship was "provoked"?

So says the guy who brings up again and again words that got under his skin. ie. sick with questionings, rather die then have that mind,

The water rolls off the duck's back?
    Or the duck is a waterlogged corpse on the bottom of the pond?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 10:01
    @sonship said
    The water rolls off the duck's back?
    Yes. Your insults are like water off a duck's back. That you dish out insults of the kind - and in the way - you do, that's interesting, especially in light of your claim that you are "becoming like Jesus".
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 10:051 edit
    @sonship said
    So says the guy who brings up again and again words that got under his skin. ie. sick with questionings, rather die then have that mind,
    The most interesting one was where, on a non-Christian website, where there are people of all manner of beliefs, you repeatedly condemned non-Christian ideas by likening them to "animal excrement" and "germs" ~ while there is not one single person, ever, as long as I have been here, who has talked to you that way, or anything remotely like it. Your behaviour is interesting. Your "Christian ministry" is interesting.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 10:10
    @sonship said
    Do you believe people can come to "know" "Jesus" through your character and behaviour?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 12:352 edits
    @FMF

Back to other tactic - "Force believers in Jesus to brag."

So you think you being a famuily man is all the spirituality you need.

Did you start something on the sermon on the mount? It says there that if you love only those who love you back what have you done so extraordinary - Mr. Normal Family Man ?

For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have ? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?

And if you greet only your brothers, what better thing are you doing? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? "(Matt. 5:46,47)

You brought up the Sermon on the Mount. So while you wear your "lack of belief" in God as some kind of badge and proclaim your typical family life as your spirituality - there's nothing particularly spiritual about that.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 12:462 edits
    @FMF

The most interesting one was where, on a non-Christian website, where there are people of all manner of beliefs, you repeatedly condemned non-Christian ideas by likening them to "animal excrement" and "germs"

Not everyone's. Some of your's yes.

You want to drag others down with you.
    The insult was directed to YOU.
    Don't try to elicit the sympathy of everyone else as if they were implicated too.

~ while there is not one single person, ever, as long as I have been here, who has talked to you that way, or anything remotely like it. Your behaviour is interesting. Your "Christian ministry" is interesting.

I don't care how "interesting" you find it that your toilet heart was exposed above and beyond others around here.

So I had to single YOU out (after a decade of your crap) as really full of crap. Its not all that "interesting."
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 12:48
    @sonship

Toilet heart? Lol!!
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 12:48
    @sonship said
    @FMF

The most interesting one was where, on a non-Christian website, where there are people of all manner of beliefs, you repeatedly condemned non-Christian ideas by likening them to "animal excrement" and "germs"

Not everyone's. Some of your's yes.

You want to drag others down with you.
    The insult was directed to YOU.
    Don't try to elici ...[text shortened]... around here.

So I had to single YOU out as really full of crap. Its not all that "interesting."
    Wasn't I a Leper with alcohol on his breath?

Yes, I think that was it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree