1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '07 17:48
    Why did God so love us that He desires to give us eternal life?

How is it that God's love is so strong and so enduring - even extending to ETERNITY ??
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '07 17:543 edits
    Paul writes:

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ ?

Shall tribulation or anguish or persecution or famine or nakedness or peril or sword?

But in all these things we more than conquer through Him who loved us.

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life nor angels nor principalities nor things present nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (See Rom. 8: 35-39)

I see inseparable love in Christ. I see enduring and eternal love in Christ.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Dec '07 18:041 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    What a petty man the God you guys dreamed up is!
    Why is that?
    Kelly

edit:
    I don't believe I dreamed God up but this isn't anything petty!
    I believe it is the only thing that makes sense to me too after thinking
    about it.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 Dec '07 18:24
    Originally posted by KellyJay

I believe it is the only thing that makes sense to me too after thinking
    about it.
    Let me introduce you to Zen buddism then... STOP THINKING!!!
    It's obviously not helping you. What-so-ever.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '07 18:25
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    What koan are you meditating on today?

Are you using your mind to meditate on that Zen koan ?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Dec '07 18:35
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    If you have a point make one otherwise what are you complaining
    about?
    Kelly
  7. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Dec '07 20:57
    Originally posted by jaywill
    EatmyBishop,

[b] spot the one who just cant anser the question

You mean your loaded question about why humans bring God down to their level ?

I tend to go by what is revealed in the Bible. And there I do not see humans bringing God down to their level.

What I do see in your post is YOU bringing God down to YOUR level by charging Him w ...[text shortened]... against sin so that you might not.

Have you ever thought to thank Him for it? I sure have.[/b]
    sorry, maybe i'm just naive, but i still cant see why christ died, if it died for our sins, why is there still sin in the world? in fact, when he died, shouldn't sin have died with him?

i would understand it if he died and there was no more sin, i would gladly praise him... but he kinda did it all and we're still in the same spot

sorry... i dont rely on a book for my knowledge on what is right and wrong, i listen to the inner voice
  8. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Dec '07 20:59
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yes and what makes God angry makes Him angry eternally.
    Kelly
    so if i anger him he stays angry forever...? do you realise what you've just said.... basically, going by you... god is forever angry... how can he talk of letting go of anger and learning to forgive when he doesnt practise what he preaches?
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '07 21:581 edit
    ==============================
    sorry, maybe i'm just naive, but i still cant see why christ died, if it died for our sins, why is there still sin in the world? in fact, when he died, shouldn't sin have died with him?
    =============

This work becomes subjectively effective to the believer as he allows the Holy Spirit to enter into his being. Then the forgiveness is applied and known. The consciousness of God as our Father is then subjectively known.

The work works within the receiver of the resurrected Christ and operates within them. From the center to the circumsference of your beint subjectively this salvation is applied to you. The salvation is really the living Person of Jesus Himself as the Holy Spirit. He applies to your being the pardon from sin and the power to overcome sin.

It is not applied outwardly everywhere else and not to you subjectively. He will change you.

=============================
    i would understand it if he died and there was no more sin, i would gladly praise him... but he kinda did it all and we're still in the same spot =======================

The salvation is applied effectively to us regardless how well we understand it. What is commanded is that we believe in Christ and receive Christ.

When you were born you understood nothing. Yet life was imparted into you and you came into existence. Your understanding did not assist your natural birth. It is somewhat similar in the second birth. All you really need is to believe in the risen Lord and Savior and receive Him into your heart.

"As many as received Him, to them He gave the authority to become children of God, to those who believe into His name,

Who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." (John 1:12,13)

Salvation is a matter of a new birth. It is matter of receiving into your being the Divine life of God in addition to your natural life. It is having Jesus born in you. It is being reborn to be "organically" joined to Christ like a branch is joined to a vine tree.

His life will flow into your life, actually, not figuratively. By receiving Christ the crucified and resurrected Lord into your heart, His sin overcoming life will begin to grow, spread, and mingle with your life.

============================
    sorry... i dont rely on a book for my knowledge on what is right and wrong, i listen to the inner voice
    ===========================

It is a book of life. Have you not read that in the garden of Eden there was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil verses the tree of life?

You have been taking the book of life as a book of right and wrong. The book's purpose is to lead you to receive eternal life in Christ.

He did not come to teach you how to be right or wrong of yourself. He came to give you His life. His life is the life of God. And His life is eternal life.

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17)

This is a matter of being saved by being joined to the Savior as one spirit. That is that your innermost being becomes joined to the divine life of the Spirit of God.

Don't try to arrange excuses. All excuses are just your self rationals for continueing to be closed in heart, shutting God out of your life.

At the judgment all your rational excuses will not amount to anything. Your chance to receive salvation is in this life. You should not postpone it. You are not garanteed even to see this evening. So you should sieze the time and allow the resin Christ to save your from the inside out with His Spirit and His divine life.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '07 22:131 edit
    Eatmybishop,

===========================

==============================

It is very good that you listen to an inner voice. But you must listen to the word of God too.

If you listened to your inner voice and from this day lived a sinless life that would be wonderful. However listening to your inner voice from today forward will not erase the sins, trangressions, and iniquities of your past.

You still have those sins as a blot on your record before a holy and perfect God. There is no respect of persons with Him. He is absolutely just.

Not only can your inner voice not save you from the real record of your past trangression, neither can it give you the power to overcome offending God and man fully from today on.

You need the blood of Christ to obliterate the record of your sins from all your yesterdays. And you need to resurrection power of Chrsit to begin to grow within you to save you dispositionally for all your future days.

You need the living Person of Jesus for your past and your future. Let Christ come into your inner voice.
  11. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Dec '07 22:272 edits
    when i die and stand to be judged i am sure god will say to me:

"you did find truth through me"

to which i will reply, "i found truth through myself"

when he says, "it must be false"

i will reply, "truth is truth"
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '07 03:16
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    when i die and stand to be judged i am sure god will say to me:

"you did find truth through me"

to which i will reply, "i found truth through myself"

when he says, "it must be false"

i will reply, "truth is truth"
    I would hope that you would not feel that you have to wait until death to open your heart and have an honest talk with God.

We can speak with Him daily as our heavenly Father about many deep things in out hearts.

When I meet God I want to have already previously had many many heart felt conversations with Him about what is in my heart.

Jesus loves you.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Dec '07 03:54
    god getting angry... is this really true..? if so, that implies god feels emotion... if he feels it, he is also - to a certain extent, controlled by it... therefore not even god can rise above feeling...

also, if god created the world, that means he's been with us ever since, he's seen it all... and yet he still gets angry!!!

...and if god gets ang ...[text shortened]... ves by talking of this all powerful everlasting god, yet also suggesting he is prone to moods
    You've never heard of God's wrath? Read Revelation.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Dec '07 07:08
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I would hope that you would not feel that you have to wait until death to open your heart and have an honest talk with God.

We can speak with Him daily as our heavenly Father about many deep things in out hearts.

When I meet God I want to have already previously had many many heart felt conversations with Him about what is in my heart.

Jesus loves you.
    All of this is pointless for an omniscient God. I still fail to see why he's doing any of it, considering he already knows the outcome.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Dec '07 07:561 edit
    so if i anger him he stays angry forever...? do you realise what you've just said.... basically, going by you... god is forever angry... how can he talk of letting go of anger and learning to forgive when he doesnt practise what he preaches?
    Yes, if you anger God, no amount of time passing will cause God’s
    anger to dissipate in any degree. God being an eternal being isn’t
    affected by time as we are, no amount of time will cause God to
    forget or let pass a wrong that actually caused Him to be angry with
    you. The scripture points out we already have the wrath of God
    remaining on us right now if you read John 3:36, our only hope is
    in the God’s grace and mercy which has been given to us through
    Jesus Christ.

God does not mix His mercy and wrath in judgment, if you recieve
    God's grace and mercy it will not have any anger or wrath or anything
    else in it to cause us pain or shame it will be complete. The same is
    true with God's wrath you land in that, you will not get shown any mercy
    or pity in any degree it will be as bad as it gets and it will last as long
    as God's mercy lasts for those that recieve it, forever.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree