does god really get angry???

does god really get angry???

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
19 Dec 07

god getting angry... is this really true..? if so, that implies god feels emotion... if he feels it, he is also - to a certain extent, controlled by it... therefore not even god can rise above feeling...

also, if god created the world, that means he's been with us ever since, he's seen it all... and yet he still gets angry!!!

...and if god gets angry... how long is it for... and what if you sin when he's already angry, will the punishment be greater...

why do humans insist on bringing god down to our level... dont christians contradict themselves by talking of this all powerful everlasting god, yet also suggesting he is prone to moods

j

Moves
19 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by eatmybishop
god getting angry... is this really true..? if so, that implies god feels emotion... if he feels it, he is also - to a certain extent, controlled by it... therefore not even god can rise above feeling...

also, if god created the world, that means he's been with us ever since, he's seen it all... and yet he still gets angry!!!

...and if god gets ang ves by talking of this all powerful everlasting god, yet also suggesting he is prone to moods
In terms of the anger of God, what do you know about the cross of Christ?

What have you heard about the judgment of God falling on the Son that we might be redeemed from our sins and forgiven?

In your musings about the displeasure of God did you take into account that Christ suffered for the sinner ?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
19 Dec 07

Originally posted by jaywill

What have you heard about the judgment of God falling on the Son that we might be redeemed from our sins and forgiven?

In your musings about the displeasure of God did you take into account that Christ suffered for the sinner ?
Christ was cross? Does anger run in the family??

I've never understood just why Jesus had to die. What was the point. God is omnipotent, right? He could have just absolved people of their sins without the need for a blood sacrifice.

The best way I ever heard it put was thus. God sacrificed himself to himself to pay a blood debt which he decided that he required because of the deficiencies in his design, which, of course, he knew about in advance.

s

England

Moves
19 Dec 07

he got very angry with the devil threw him out of heaven, he got angry with the jews he took out of Egypt with all his wonders, and no doubt he gets angry with the sins of the world todate. Yes jesus had to die to show death is not the end and give his son the crown and give all who worship him the chance to be forgiven.

Tho very interesting question i may add

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
19 Dec 07

Originally posted by stoker
he got very angry with the devil threw him out of heaven, he got angry with the jews he took out of Egypt with all his wonders, and no doubt he gets angry with the sins of the world todate. Yes jesus had to die to show death is not the end and give his son the crown and give all who worship him the chance to be forgiven.

But none of that stuff had to happen with an omnipotent God. It just seems so illogical. The Christian God seems to like playing games like some kind to demented puppet-master. I fail to see why though, since being omniscient he already knows what'll happen.

e

Moves
19 Dec 07

Originally posted by jaywill

spot the one who just cant anser the question

e

Moves
19 Dec 07

Originally posted by stoker

so its a yes then.... god does get angry... still gets angry... after all these years...!

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
19 Dec 07

...and if god gets ang ...[text shortened]... ves by talking of this all powerful everlasting god, yet also suggesting he is prone to moods
You have to see God as a bottle of wine.
One moment you're sitting there enjoying it, the next moment you're bent over the toilet puking it out.

The wine's still the same though, we just see it from different angles.

JJ

Moves
19 Dec 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Christ was cross? Does anger run in the family??

I've never understood just why Jesus had to die. What was the point. God is omnipotent, right? He could have just absolved people of their sins without the need for a blood sacrifice.

The best way I ever heard it put was thus. God sacrificed himself to himself to pay a blood debt which ...[text shortened]... required because of the deficiencies in his design, which, of course, he knew about in advance.
what utter rubbish....

JJ

Moves
19 Dec 07

Have you answered his question?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
19 Dec 07

Originally posted by Jay Joos
what utter rubbish....
Why is it "rubbish"? Show me where my argument is flawed.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Dec 07

...and if god gets ang ...[text shortened]... ves by talking of this all powerful everlasting god, yet also suggesting he is prone to moods
Yes and what makes God angry makes Him angry eternally.
Kelly

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 Dec 07

Originally posted by KellyJay
Yes and what makes God angry makes Him angry eternally.
Kelly
What a petty man the God you guys dreamed up is!

JJ

Moves
19 Dec 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
What a petty man the God you guys dreamed up is!
This coming from pugwash!!!

j

Moves
19 Dec 07
5 edits

EatmyBishop,

You mean your loaded question about why humans bring God down to their level ?

I tend to go by what is revealed in the Bible. And there I do not see humans bringing God down to their level.

What I do see in your post is YOU bringing God down to YOUR level by charging Him with a kind of uncontrolled petty anger. I see making an accusation and then asking why other people do what you yourself do.

My Bible says that God is slow to anger.

Look at the things unbelievers and skeptics charge God with day after day. Still God provides you with many happy days of life giving you a chance to thank Him for His care and love.

Do you?

Some people don't. Instead of looking back after one year of life and thanking God for many blessings, they find it sport to dig up more slanders against God. Seems that my God is very slow to anger and patient that people would turn and repent.

Now my question to you was have you considered how the justice due the sinner fell instead on Christ for the sins of the world?

Do you include that fact in your musings about this so-called uncontrolled anger of God. Christ bore the anger of God against sin so that you might not.

Have you ever thought to thank Him for it? I sure have.