1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 01:51
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    This is what happens when you believe stuff based on faith instead of reason and evidence.

And seriously RJHinds, I could explain this before I left junior school, let alone senior school
    or university.

If you EVER claim to know more about physics or science than ANYONE (barring perhaps dasa)
    on this forum again, I will point you back to this ...[text shortened]... the world works.

Seriously this is stuff I would expect you to have learned in Kindergarten.
    Well. you still believe God does not exist with all the proof and that man was once an ape or an ape-like creature before the ape evolved from slime. Seems like a fool to me.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '12 01:591 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    This is what happens when you believe stuff based on faith instead of reason and evidence.

And seriously RJHinds, I could explain this before I left junior school, let alone senior school
    or university.

If you EVER claim to know more about physics or science than ANYONE (barring perhaps dasa)
    on this forum again, I will point you back to this ...[text shortened]... the world works.

I'd agree with this if you're talking about blind faith. Yeah, I know. You think all faith is blind faith by definition. Not so. The faith I have includes realizing that God is not a freaking idiot. Some of the stuff in the Bible IS literal. A lot simply is not. I still would like to know where in the Bible it says that the Earth is motionless, though.

EDIT: Oh, and another thing. I don't believe the Earth rotates or not based on faith. That's stupid. I believe the Earth rotates because it is a FACT. I DO believe in God based on Faith. I do not just believe in "stuff" based on faith. There is a time to everything under Heaven. (Turn, turn, turn... lol.)
    I admit I wasn't too versed in science until high school, but I still picked up the basics in 5th grade science class.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '12 02:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well. you still believe God does not exist with all the proof and that man was once an ape or an ape-like creature before the ape evolved from slime. Seems like a fool to me.
    Where's that rolled-up newspaper? 😞
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 02:101 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'd agree with this if you're talking about blind faith. Yeah, I know. You think all faith is blind faith by definition. Not so. The faith I have includes realizing that God is not a freaking idiot. Some of the stuff in the Bible IS literal. A lot ed in science until high school, but I still picked up the basics in 5th grade science class.
    In order to keep from being deceived, one must be willing to check the conflicting evidence out to arrive at a reasonable solution. That is what I did in this case. But the atheist evolutionists refuse to even consider the conflicting evidence in their beliefs like I do. They don't want it brought up in school because they want them to be indoctinated to believe as they do. I don't believe everything the majority of Christians believe becasue I check out the conflicts to resolve them to my satisfaction.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '12 02:34
    In order to keep from being deceived, one must be willing to check the conflicting evidence out to arrive at a reasonable solution. That is what I did in this case. But the atheist evolutionists refuse to even consider the conflicting evidence in their beliefs like I do. They don't want it brought up in school because they want them to be indoctinated to ...[text shortened]... ty of Christians believe becasue I check out the conflicts to resolve them to my satisfaction.
    But when faced with a FACT, having any "conflicting evidence" is evidence of either chicanery or insanity. It's easy to drag other science concepts into the argument because they seem to disprove the fact, but one must have the discernment to understand why the seemingly disproving evidence is really no evidence at all. I mean it IS the 21st century. We've spent the last 500+ years proving enough things that we shouldn't have to stumble over minutia like "does the Earth rotate?" when we're trying to send men to Mars.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 May '12 02:39
    In order to keep from being deceived, one must be willing to check the conflicting evidence out to arrive at a reasonable solution. That is what I did in this case. But the atheist evolutionists refuse to even consider the conflicting evidence in their beliefs like I do. They don't want it brought up in school because they want them to be indoctinated to ...[text shortened]... ty of Christians believe becasue I check out the conflicts to resolve them to my satisfaction.
    If you seriously think the earth is not spinning, try taking a look at the night sky and explain why the stars move in that big circle......
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 02:48
    But when faced with a FACT, having any "conflicting evidence" is evidence of either chicanery or insanity. It's easy to drag other science concepts into the argument because they seem to disprove the fact, but one must have the discernment to understand why the seemingly disproving evidence is really no evidence at all. I mean it IS the 21st century. We' ...[text shortened]... tumble over minutia like "does the Earth rotate?" when we're trying to send men to Mars.
    I am sorry that I did not think about the possibilty that the atmosphere rotates along with the earth. I may have known this at one time and forgot. I forget many things in my old age. I was just trying to get the airplane flying issue settled in my mind, because scientist say that the reason the rockets are headed slightly east when ascending was to get that extra boost from the rotation of the earth. I reasoned if that was so, why wasn't airplanes getting and extra boost when heading east. I am sorry I embarrassed you again?
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    13 May '12 02:51
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If you seriously think the earth is not spinning, try taking a look at the night sky and explain why the stars move in that big circle......
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_geocentrism

http://www.gallup.com/poll/3742/new-poll-gauges-americans-general-knowledge-levels.aspx

In the new poll, about four out of five Americans (79😵 correctly respond that the earth revolves around the sun, while 18% say it is the other way around.

there you have it, 1 in 5 americans are douchebags and we have our 1 right here. it doesn't surprise me that it is the same douchebag who believes the universe was created in 6 days and the earth is 6000 years old.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 02:531 edit
    No. I don't think that. I was just tricked into doubting, momentarily, not believing. It is like being tricked into doubting there is no God, momentarily, and then realizing I was not thinking straight.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 May '12 02:55
    No. I don't think that. I was just tricked into doubting, momentarily, not believing. It is like being tricked into doubting there is no God, momentarily, and then realizing I was not thinking straight.
    With science, it's not belief, it's proof. That's the main difference between biblical fairy tales and reality.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 03:01
    With science, it's not belief, it's proof. That's the main difference between biblical fairy tales and reality.
    Whatever.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '12 03:051 edit
    I am sorry that I did not think about the possibilty that the atmosphere rotates along with the earth. I may have known this at one time and forgot. I forget many things in my old age. I was just trying to get the airplane flying issue settled in my mind, because scientist say that the reason the rockets are headed slightly east when ascending was to get ...[text shortened]... asn't airplanes getting and extra boost when heading east. I am sorry I embarrassed you again?
    The fact is, that they DO get a "boost" when heading east. But it is because of tailwinds, since the prevailing wind across this country is from west to east. The air factors into an airplane's motion much more than any boost to be gotten from the earth's rotation. A rocket is actually different because now we're talking about going into orbit, therefore angular momentum comes into play. A rocket spends most of its fuel just trying to escape the air layer and enter orbit so air is a minimal factor.

Well, it's not just me. It wouldn't be nearly so bad if it were. But this kind of thinking ("Science? We don't need no stinking science!" ) sets all Christians back every time it happens because people start thinking we're all just hillbillies from Dogpatch, KY. (Apologies to citizens of Kentucky.)
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 03:16
    The fact is, that they DO get a "boost" when heading east. But it is because of tailwinds, since the prevailing wind across this country is from west to east. The air factors into an airplane's motion much more than any boost to be gotten from the earth's rotation. A rocket is actually different because now we're talking about going into orbit, therefore ...[text shortened]... g we're all just hillbillies from Dogpatch, KY. (Apologies to citizens of Kentucky.)
    I have never made that statement. You must have heard that from someone else. All I am against is evolutionary science, that is, the theory that all creatures evolved from the simplest form of life. Well, also any scientist that says the earth is billions of years old. That's not right either, IMO.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 May '12 05:04
    Scientist say they know the earth is rotating, spinning, or moving because it can be seen from space. They also use a penduleum to prove it. But I still do not understand the same flight times going from the west coast to east coast of the USA as it is from going from the east coast to the west. They claim they get a boost in rockest speed in clearing the ...[text shortened]... deliberately reducing his engine thrust to accomodate this so they arrive on a certain schedule?
    Look dude, the fact that you "don't understand" something, doesn't mean that something else you happen to believe is true. That is not being irrational, it's being an idiot.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 May '12 05:12
    This must be the explanation...
    Well the explanation isn't that the earth isn't really spinning on it's axis. Once you accept this you will find an inner peace.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree