Does the Earth really rotate?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 May 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Do you believe the majority of sdults needs all that stuffed into there head any more than the 8-year olds do? Isn't that website information enough for most adults to know, too?
For Joe the plumber, of course. If someone has actual curiosity, then that is a different story.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 May 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
For Joe the plumber, of course. If someone has actual curiosity, then that is a different story.
Then it seems that there would be some reference on the web about it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 May 12
1 edit

Then it seems that there would be some reference on the web about it.
You can't think it out for yourself? Are you unable to conceive the galaxy rotating? Are you unable to think the solar system is inside a galaxy? Is there something so esoteric about those concepts it is impossible for the human brain to think about? Well at least YOUR human brain....

Wow, this was SO hard to find:

h

Moves
13 May 12

No, the sun and stars go around the Earth and the planets take complicated spiralling paths around the Earth 😛

just wonder if any theists here on these forums actually believe that?
Can a theist in this modern age of reason really still be that ignorant?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 May 12
1 edit

You can't think it out for yourself? Are you unable to conceive the galaxy rotating? Are you unable to think the solar system is inside a galaxy? Is there something so esoteric about those concepts it is impossible for the human brain to think about? Well at least YOUR human brain....

Wow, this was SO hard to find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBlAGGzup48
It is explained in the following video:

&feature=related

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 May 12

It is explained in the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex283trHBgE&feature=related
So you believe that video but you couldn't buy my 50 cent explanation? You told us once that Einstein was full of shyte, that space can't bend and so forth. You believe that BS now?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 May 12

So you believe that video but you couldn't buy my 50 cent explanation? You told us once that Einstein was full of shyte, that space can't bend and so forth. You believe that BS now?
No I am not convinced of that. I was just saying he explained the idea of the spiraling earth through space better than your video. It may or may not be true. I am still open because of doubt. I realize the Holy Bible is not supposed to be a science book but I believe it is true. Some information is harder for me to understand than other information. I just can't seem to understand exactly how all of the spiraling earth with bending space explains everything. I guess it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 May 12

No I am not convinced of that. I was just saying he explained the idea of the spiraling earth through space better than your video. It may or may not be true. I am still open because of doubt. I realize the Holy Bible is not supposed to be a science book but I believe it is true. Some information is harder for me to understand than other information. I just can't seem to understand exactly how all of the spiraling earth with bending space explains everything. I guess it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 May 12

No I am not convinced of that. I was just saying he explained the idea of the spiraling earth through space better than your video. It may or may not be true. I am still open because of doubt. I realize the Holy Bible is not supposed to be a science book but I believe it is true. Some information is harder for me to understand than other information. I ...[text shortened]... rth with bending space explains everything. I guess it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks.
As it turns out, I am older than you so you can't pull the age card on ME. It also turns out I can still learn. It must be years of living with your religious blinder that prevents you from learning something new.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 May 12

As it turns out, I am older than you so you can't pull the age card on ME. It also turns out I can still learn. It must be years of living with your religious blinder that prevents you from learning something new.
Maybe so, but I am content with those blinders.

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it."

(Matthew 7:13 NKJV)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 May 12

Maybe so, but I am content with those blinders.

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it."

(Matthew 7:13 NKJV)
That just shows how elitist your religion is. Not a plus.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 May 12

That just shows how elitist your religion is. Not a plus.
Christianity is not just for the elite, it is for everyone, even you and me.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
(John 3:16 NKJV)

Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
(Matthew 10:32-33 NKJV)

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
(Romans 10:9-13 NKJV)

It is for whoever, all, you. How is that elite.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
14 May 12

I guess it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks.
Especially when he doesn't know the old tricks either.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 May 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Especially when he doesn't know the old tricks either.
Tricks are for Satan the Devil, not for me. I'll settle for the truth. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 May 12

Christianity is not just for the elite, it is for everyone, even you and me.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that [b]whoever
believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
(John 3:16 NKJV)

Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But [ ...[text shortened]... all be saved.”
(Romans 10:9-13 NKJV)

It is for whoever, all, you. How is that elite.[/b]
See, here is the problem, not everyone gets that call or heeds that call. That is what makes it elite. It is a lose lose situation.