Does the Earth really rotate?

Does the Earth really rotate?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
16 May 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
He seems to be a very nice man with musical talents, who has gone astray by believing the lies ot the creature over the truth of the Creator. Perhaps, one day he will realize the illogic of his thinking and turn back to the truth. It is a shame that he is trying to use his talent to turn others away from Christ and the truth of the Holy Bible and believe in a theory of man, influenced by Satan.
what's really a shame is that you can't counter a single argument he makes for his case.

but that's really not the point. the point is that you accused me of having a corrupted mind for being discerning against a religion but i showed that you also are discerning when it comes to religion.

all you have to do now is confess that you have a corrupted mind or by an absence of a confession, prove that your statement was complete inanity, and we can go on to something else.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 May 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
what's really a shame is that you can't counter a single argument he makes for his case.

but that's really not the point. the point is that you accused me of having a corrupted mind for being discerning against a religion but i showed that you also are discerning when it comes to religion.

all you have to do now is confess that you have a corrupted ...[text shortened]... nfession, prove that your statement was complete inanity, and we can go on to something else.
My confession is in the Lord. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏

h

Moves
16 May 12

You said to Suzianne, "I did not say nor imply nor do I claim or believe that faith equates with an evil nature." Yet, when VoidSpirit says, "...i can respect a christian who turns away from the evil ways of their god,,," you have nothing but support to say to him.

Science has no way of proving the existence of God, who is Spirit. He can only be spirit ...[text shortened]... ience prize can be obtained by physically proving the spiritual. It ain't going to happen.
You said to Suzianne, "I did not say nor imply nor do I claim or believe that faith equates with an evil nature."

that is right.

Yet, when VoidSpirit says, "...i can respect a Christian who turns away from the evil ways of their god,,," you have nothing but support to say to him.

that is right; I have nothing but support to say to a Christian who “turns away from the evil ways of their god”.
A Christian who “turns away from the evil ways of their god” ( their 'god' being purely imaginary of course ) must be commended. But, this is what you are missing here:
-This doesn't logically imply that I think/claim that all Christians have a “god” ( being purely imaginary of course ) that HAS “evil ways”.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 May 12

Originally posted by humy
You said to Suzianne, "I did not say nor imply nor do I claim or believe that faith equates with an evil nature."

that is right.

Yet, when VoidSpirit says, "...i can respect a Christian who turns away from the evil ways of their god,,," you have nothing but support to say to him.

that is right; I have nothing but sup ...[text shortened]... ll Christians have a “god” ( being purely imaginary of course ) that HAS “evil ways”.
[/b]
So now are you saying Christian do not have a god with evil ways, implying God is good, or that you do not know.

h

Moves
16 May 12

So now are you saying Christian do not have a god with evil ways, implying God is good, or that you do not know.
So now are you saying Christian do not have a god with evil ways,

which Christian?
implying God is good,

No.
What doesn't exist cannot be either good or bad.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 May 12

Originally posted by humy
So now are you saying Christian do not have a god with evil ways,

which Christian?
implying God is good,

No.
What doesn't exist cannot be either good or bad.
Without absolute truth we can not know anything. But we have absolute truth with God. Christ said I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Christ is the absolute Truth of all that exists for He created everything in the beginning. So as an Atheist you can not know that God does not exist. You must recognize absolute Truth to know anything is absolutely true. Otherwise, you are just assuming.

h

Moves
16 May 12
1 edit

Without absolute truth we can not know anything. But we have absolute truth with God. Christ said I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Christ is the absolute Truth of all that exists for He created everything in the beginning. So as an Atheist you can not know that God does not exist. You must recognize absolute Truth to know anything is absolutely true. Otherwise, you are just assuming.
Without absolute truth we can not know anything.

that clearly can easily be proven false just by one example:

I think therefore I am.

Also, regardless of whether the would around me is an illusion, I PERCEIVE a would around me; I PERCEIVE colour, smells, sounds. I KNOW I have perceptions! You cannot deny that! and no "just assuming" required!

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
16 May 12

They are not Christian either. If you are not for Him you are against Him. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
Are you a gifted wind up merchant, or simply so dim-witted that you believe in non-entities that cannot and n'er will be proven?

-m.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
16 May 12

Scientist say they know the earth is rotating, spinning, or moving because it can be seen from space. They also use a penduleum to prove it. But I still do not understand the same flight times going from the west coast to east coast of the USA as it is from going from the east coast to the west. They claim they get a boost in rockest speed in clearing the ...[text shortened]... deliberately reducing his engine thrust to accomodate this so they arrive on a certain schedule?
Actually the plane may very well get a boost when flying east but is probably very small amount It's the same with atomic clocks going in different directions

Manny

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
16 May 12

My confession is in the Lord. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏
so you rest your case on inanity. it's just the outcome i was expecting.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 May 12

Originally posted by menace71
Actually the plane may very well get a boost when flying east but is probably very small amount It's the same with atomic clocks going in different directions

Manny
um, what?

There is no reason for atomic clocks to show different times except when one is more under the influence of gravity than the other. Direction makes no difference. Space must be warped more for one clock than the other to show a difference. An altitude difference might be enough to show a difference over time, but direction? I'm afraid not.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 May 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
so you rest your case on inanity. it's just the outcome i was expecting.
See, You have no contol over me. The truth of God has set me free. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
18 May 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
um, what?

There is no reason for atomic clocks to show different times except when one is more under the influence of gravity than the other. Direction makes no difference. Space must be warped more for one clock than the other to show a difference. An altitude difference might be enough to show a difference over time, but direction? I'm afraid not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafele%E2%80%93Keating_experiment

In a frame of reference at rest with respect to the center of the earth, the clock aboard the plane moving eastward, in the direction of the Earth's rotation, has a greater velocity (resulting in a relative time loss) than a clock that remains on the ground, while the clock aboard the plane moving westward, against the Earth's rotation, has a lower velocity than the one on the ground. According to special relativity, this is resulting in a relative time gain. Also general relativity comes into play: the slight increase in gravitational potential due to altitude that speeds the clocks back up. Since the aircraft are flying at roughly the same altitude in both directions, this effect is more "constant" between the two clocks, but nevertheless it causes a difference in comparison to the clock on the ground. The results were published in Science in 1972:

Your right it had more to do altitude but also Earth's rotation my BAD 😉

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
18 May 12

This is what science is teaching:

The movement of the Earth around the Sun in a fixed orbit is called as revolving.

http://www.kidport.com/reflib/science/Space/Earth.htm

What scientifc evidence do you have that they are teaching falsely?

P.S. That is on this matter. I know they are teaching falsely about evolution and the age of the Earth.
Not All science is false or wrong there RJ

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 May 12

Originally posted by menace71
Not All science is false or wrong there RJ

Manny
Yes, I understand and I have no problem with the majority of science. I am only against pseudoscience in which evolution should be included. If creation science is considered pseudoscience then evolution is definitely pseudoscience. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_topics_characterized_as_pseudoscience