1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    12 May '12 22:19
    Can any evolutionist explain what is happening in this video? Is the Earth rotating, spinning, or moving in some way? If so, how is it doing it and what is the cause?

    YouTube&feature=related
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86307
    12 May '12 22:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Can any evolutionist explain what is happening in this video? Is the Earth rotating, spinning, or moving in some way? If so, how is it doing it and what is the cause?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xokMcO3T0SY&feature=related
    A better question might be "can any chess player explain what is happening with RJHinds rating?"

    If you are going to troll, at least try to be a quality troll, instead of embarassing yourself.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    12 May '12 22:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Can any evolutionist explain what is happening in this video? Is the Earth rotating, spinning, or moving in some way? If so, how is it doing it and what is the cause?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xokMcO3T0SY&feature=related
    Oh. My. God.

    Seriously?

    Dude, take your BS detector in for repair. It's broken.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    12 May '12 22:421 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Oh. My. God.

    Seriously?

    Dude, take your BS detector in for repair. It's broken.
    This a link to what the scientist say,

    http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/970401c.html

    So why does it take my son flying from California to Georgis about the same amount of time as it does going from Georgia to California on his return flight?
    That is without considering time zone changes. I can't understand this when the earth is spinning faster than the speed of the plane. So obviously, if the earth is spinning it must be spinning very slowly. However, why do we then have 24 hour days?

    P.S. I am sure you science minded evolutionists could explain this to us, right?
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    12 May '12 22:48
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    This a link to what the scientist say,

    http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/970401c.html

    So why does it take my son flying from California to Georgis about the same amount of time as it does going from Georgia to California on his return flight?
    That is without considering time zone changes. I can't understand this when the earth is sp ...[text shortened]... hour days?

    P.S. I am sure you science minded evolutionists could explain this to us, right?
    Yeah, dive's right, you're trolling.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    12 May '12 23:01
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Yeah, dive's right, you're trolling.
    I take it that you can't explain it. Anyone else what to have a go at it?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    12 May '12 23:26
    Scientist say they know the earth is rotating, spinning, or moving because it can be seen from space. They also use a penduleum to prove it. But I still do not understand the same flight times going from the west coast to east coast of the USA as it is from going from the east coast to the west. They claim they get a boost in rockest speed in clearing the gravitation of the Earth by going east. But why does a plane not get a boost going east or is the pilot deliberately reducing his engine thrust to accomodate this so they arrive on a certain schedule?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52614
    12 May '12 23:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Scientist say they know the earth is rotating, spinning, or moving because it can be seen from space. They also use a penduleum to prove it. But I still do not understand the same flight times going from the west coast to east coast of the USA as it is from going from the east coast to the west. They claim they get a boost in rockest speed in clearing the ...[text shortened]... deliberately reducing his engine thrust to accomodate this so they arrive on a certain schedule?
    Just for grins you might consider the atmosphere as mainly rotating at the same rate as the planet. That is to say if you figure evolutionists hadn't put forward that theory.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    12 May '12 23:401 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Just for grins you might consider the atmosphere as mainly rotating at the same rate as the planet. That is to say if you figure evolutionists hadn't put forward that theory.
    Do you have any idea what would make the atmosphere rotate. I have studied some physics in the past. But I don't recall anything about this. It certianly seems that the earth must be spinning or something is moving. But that video has got me stumped. You would probably say, that is not surprising for a moron like me, right?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    12 May '12 23:551 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Just for grins you might consider the atmosphere as mainly rotating at the same rate as the planet. That is to say if you figure evolutionists hadn't put forward that theory.
    Thanks. That was bothering me. I googled the atmosphere spinning and I got an article that said this:

    Let's think about an experiment. Put a big bowl of water on a turntable. Float some toothpicks on the surface to provide some visual indication. Start turning the turntable. At first the water doesn't move with the bowl, but eventually, if the turntable is continuously turned at a nice, even rate, the water will all be moving with the bowl and the turntable. There is initially little friction between the sides of the bowl and the water, but time is on the side of the turntable, just like time is on the side of the earth. What is in the bowl or on the earth will eventually move with it. And the earth has been turning for at least a few hundred years.

    This must be the explanation.

    P.S. However, I still don't completely understand it.
  11. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    12 May '12 23:561 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Can any evolutionist explain what is happening in this video? Is the Earth rotating, spinning, or moving in some way? If so, how is it doing it and what is the cause?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xokMcO3T0SY&feature=related
    OMG this proves the existance of JC himself!

    SCIENCE FACT!~
  12. Joined
    10 Jun '11
    Moves
    3829
    13 May '12 00:04
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Do you have any idea what would make the atmosphere rotate. I have studied some physics in the past. But I don't recall anything about this. It certianly seems that the earth must be spinning or something is moving. But that video has got me stumped. You would probably say, that is not surprising for a moron like me, right?
    i thought you were an engineer. was that last week?

    http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/phy00/phy00385.htm
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    13 May '12 00:14
    I'm frankly surprised that, because of videos like this from some of the stupidest people on the planet, MORE people don't swear that Christians are completely full of it and that the Bible MUST be false.


    This person even claims the Bible says that the Earth is motionless. Where do they get this? Are they REALLY this stupid? I just want to slap people like this for making other people think I'm as stupid as they are because I'm a Christian too.

    PEOPLE! STOP MAKING CHRISTIANS LOOK LIKE MORONS!
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    13 May '12 00:16
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    i thought you were an engineer. was that last week?

    http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/phy00/phy00385.htm
    I was studying to be an Electrical Engineer but I never got my degree because I ran out of money. It has been along time since then and if that was covered I just don't remember it. I don't think it has much to do with electricity and electronics anyway. That guy on the video had me wondering even though it did not sound right, I couldn't explain it without that piece of the puzzle that sunhouse gave me. I can repair Televisions and some electronics.
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    13 May '12 01:41
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I'm frankly surprised that, because of videos like this from some of the stupidest people on the planet, MORE people don't swear that Christians are completely full of it and that the Bible MUST be false.


    This person even claims the Bible says that the Earth is motionless. Where do they get this? Are they REALLY this stupid? I just want to slap peop ...[text shortened]... s they are because I'm a Christian too.

    PEOPLE! STOP MAKING CHRISTIANS LOOK LIKE MORONS!
    This is what happens when you believe stuff based on faith instead of reason and evidence.


    And seriously RJHinds, I could explain this before I left junior school, let alone senior school
    or university.

    If you EVER claim to know more about physics or science than ANYONE (barring perhaps dasa)
    on this forum again, I will point you back to this thread and remind you that you know less than
    an 11 yr old about how the world works.

    Seriously this is stuff I would expect you to have learned in Kindergarten.
Back to Top