1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 15:091 edit
    Don't hate the very word "church". Pray for the recovery of the proper church life.

The word "church" has been greatly spoiled. But Christ LOVED the church and gave Himself up for the church.

How can the Christian despise the church ?

"Husbands, love your wives even as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her.

That He might sanctify her, cleansing her by the washing of the water in the word,

That He might present the church to Himself glorious, not having spot or wrinkle or any such things, but that she would be holy and without blemish. " (Eph. 5:35-37)

The Christian should love what Jesus Christ loves. Seek Him for the recovery of the normal church experience.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 15:153 edits
    A poster here seems never to have a good word for the church. Don't hate the word church.

Did Christ die for each believer? Yes.

But Christ died for the church.
    God became a man and shed human blood to obtain the church.

"Take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among whom the Holy Spirit has placed you as overseers to shepherd the church of God, which He [God] obtained through His own blood." (Acts 20:28)

How can a disciple of Jesus strut around boasting about how much he despises the church ? God incarnated and shed incarnated human blood FOR the church.

How can you despise what God incarnated in Christ to obtain with His own blood ?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 15:19
    Originally posted by @sonship
    A poster here seems never to have a good word for the church. Don't hate the word church.

Did Christ die for each believer? Yes.

But Christ died for the church.
    God became a man and shed human blood to obtain the church.

[quote] [b] "Take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among whom the Holy Spirit has placed you as overseers to shepher ...[text shortened]... the church.

How can you despise what God incarnated in Christ to obtain with His own blood ?
    Nonsense. Christ died for the sins of the world.
    The church is just a building
    Or a collection of people who share the same doctrine
    You belong to a church of your choice.
    Jesus is not part of your church because you deny His teachings

The Church or Body of Christ is made up of all people who follow Him
    The Church are the sheep of Christ, who will enter the Kingdom of God
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 15:20
    Don't hate the very word "church". Pray for the recovery of the proper church life.

The word "church" has been greatly spoiled. But Christ LOVED the church and gave Himself up for the church.

How can the Christian despise the church ?

[quote] [b] "Husbands, love your wives even as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her.

That ...[text shortened]... should love what Jesus Christ loves. Seek Him for the recovery of the normal church experience.
    Your church is of this world. You are part and parcel of the greed and corruption and material excess of the churches of the world. Jesus is not the head of these churches.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 15:22
    Don't despise the word church. And do not consider that Christianity and the church are exactly the same.

Christ died for the church.
    And the church is "the pillar and base of the truth."

"But if I delay, I write that you may know how one ought to conduct himself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and base of the truth." (1 Timothy 3:15)

How can a supposed lover of Jesus Christ strut around boasting that he has nothing to do with the church.

The church is "the house of God" . How can the Christian despise the house of God - the church of the living God.

If a Christian loves the truth she or he must love church - "the pillar and base of the truth."

Pray for the RECOVERY of the church.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 15:241 edit
    Don't despise the word church. And do not consider that Christianity and the church are exactly the same.

Christ died for the church.
    And the church is [b]"the pillar and base of the truth."

[quote] "But if I delay, I write that you may know how one ought to conduct himself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, ...[text shortened]... ve church - [b]"the pillar and base of the truth."

Pray for the RECOVERY of the church.[/b]
    Nonsense again ..

the TEMPLE OF GOD or HOUSE OF GOD
    are THE PEOPLE.

The Church of Christ is the BROTHERHOOD OF ALL WHO FOLLOW CHRIST

PEOPLE not buildings

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
    (1 Corinthians 3:16-17 KJV)
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 15:33
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    [b]Nonsense. Christ died for the sins of the world.

Christ died for the church - (Eph. 5:25).

"Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her."

Are you going to take a pair of scissors and cut that verse out of your New Testament ?

The church is just a building

Men in blindness have made "churches" which were inorganic physical buildings.

The church is the believers, the living people living by Christ.
    She is the EKKLESIA - the called out assembly.

Are you going to take scissors and eliminate the entire epistle of Paul to Ephesus?

You oppose the church. And out of the other side of your mouth you say God destroys those who destroy the church?

One of your favorite verses -

"Do you not know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

If anyone destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and such are you." ( 1 Cor. 3:16,17)

It seems YOU want to destroy the temple of God.
    And then you stand on your soap box that such destroyers will be destroyed by God.

You must not be a Christian.
    A Christian should love what is holy, and the church of Christ is the holy temple of God.

You need to be saved and to be brought into a normal experience of the practical church life.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 15:381 edit
    Rajk99 assumes he knows what everyone believes.

He attempts here to inform me that the believers in Corinth were the temple of God, the church in Corinth. I knew it before he did.

He assumes I teach that the church is a physical building.
    No one can find one post written by me in the last eight years of however I have been here, that taught such a thing.

Go find it, Anyone.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 15:411 edit

Christ died for the church - [b](Eph. 5:25)

.[/b]
    Wrong again
    Evil Christians destroy the temple of God.
    Sin destroys the temple of God.
    Disobeying the commandments of Christ destroys the temple of God.
    You promote all of the above with your doctrine.
    You are therefore contributing to the destruction of the temple of God. God will destroy all who contribute to the destruction of his temple.

You want to remove these passages from the Bible ?

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; (Titus 2:11-13 KJV)

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. (1 John 2:2-3 KJV)
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 15:411 edit

PEOPLE not buildings

I wrote this way long before you attempt to enlighten me now.

I don't speak disparagingly about the church because I know by EXPERIENCE what the church living IS.

You need experience.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 15:431 edit
    Wrong again
    Evil Christians destroy the temple of God.
    Sin destroys the temple of God.
    Disobeying the commandments of Christ destroys the temple of God.
    You promote all of the above with your doctrine.

ONE QUOTE.
    ONE QUOTE PROVING that I "promote all of the above with your doctrine" .
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 15:45
    Rajk99 assumes he knows what everyone believes.

He attempts here to inform me that the believers in Corinth were the temple of God, the church in Corinth. I knew it before he did.

He assumes I teach that the church is a physical building.
    No one can find one post written by me in the last eight years of however I have been here, that taught such a thing.

Go find it, Anyone.
    You frequently presume to know what atheists believe. Here is a recent selection:

1. Life evolved from dirt.
    2. Atheists (who don't believe in God) are keen to excuse themselves from Godly interference.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 15:46
    The practical church is not a utopia.
    But she is holy and Christ died for her.

There is no genuine church in the New Testament that was a utopia. But if normal those churches were farms for growing Christ in people.

"For we are God's fellow workers, you are God's cultivated land [or farm] , God's building." ( 1 Cor. 3:9)
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 15:49

PEOPLE not buildings

I wrote this way long before you attempt to enlighten me now.

I don't speak disparagingly about the church because I know by EXPERIENCE what the church living IS.

You need experience.
    The Christian church of today is a cesspool of corruption, greed, excess, lies, hypocrisy, sexual misconduct, worldliness and materialism, and false doctrine. They preach doctrines contrary to the doctrine of Christ and you are the chief offender in this regard.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '18 15:51
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    You frequently presume to know what atheists believe. Here is a recent selection:

2. Atheists (who don't believe in God) are keen to excuse themselves from Godly interference.

I am not sure how you are going to tie this into the topic of this thread.

But if you check that latest post on Atheists, I am pretty sure I used the word "some". I am aware not to generalize.

You can fault me for saying that the parody of the video exposed the nonsensical logic of some New Atheists in their reasonings about probability.

Did you notice the word "some" ?

Tell me how you want to tie all this into the matter of not hating the church.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree