1. S. Korea
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 01:22
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Don't hate the very word "church". Pray for the recovery of the proper church life.

The word "church" has been greatly spoiled. But Christ LOVED the church and gave Himself up for the church.

How can the Christian despise the church ?

[quote] [b] "Husbands, love your wives even as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her.

That ...[text shortened]... should love what Jesus Christ loves. Seek Him for the recovery of the normal church experience.
    There is a trend among liberal Christians to put all of the blame for things that they dislike squarely at the feet of 'the Church.'

There is this idea that to acutally be a good Christian you have to be against some form of 'organized religion.'

One of the ironies is that the people who oppose organized religion are the same sort of people that often emphasize the primacy fo the community over the individual in their political views, the takes a village crowd.

Yet, they are against Christian community when they rail against the church.
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 01:23
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    That church of the Bible is long gone. There is no such church in these times. It exists only in your head. Your church is similarly corrupt and is full of false doctrines.

Here is what the early church in the time of Paul was about :

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission ...[text shortened]... e people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. (Acts 2:38-47 KJV)
    So, what would an actual Church of God look like, then? What would the true church be like?

And, please, be honest & upfront about what the core teachings of such a church would be.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 01:23
    Just dislike most people in them. Hate 1 or 2
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 01:24
    Lol.. total. 100%.
    Are you going to brag some more how you don't need any church?

Surely you don't need a closet atheist to help you "follow Christ's commands."
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 01:25
    The Body of Christ or Christ's Church comprises:
    - Sheep
    - Disciples
    - Followers of His commandments

The Body of Christ is not
    - churches
    - organisations

Eg the Catholic Church is not Christ's Church.
    Reason : the gates of Hell have already prevailed against that church.
    That church is filled with corruption, greedy, sexual immorality and false ...[text shortened]... his commandments are similarly diseased and are the branches that Jesus stated will be cut off.
    You say that the gates of hell have alreayd prevailed against the Church.

This is directly against the passage:

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Matthew 16:18.

What is the meaning of this?

The general and most broad interpretation is that hell shall not triumph over the church and that there shall always be the legitimate church on earth.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    So, what would an actual Church of God look like, then? What would the true church be like?

And, please, be honest & upfront about what the core teachings of such a church would be.
    Church shld always be free and keeping with the spirit of the times
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves

You could try reading his posts on this thread.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 01:26
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Good to see you make an appearance. Welcome back.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 01:28
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    What would be the spirit of the times?

Keeping with... the spirit of the times?

It sounds like you are saying that the Church should change to match the world.

Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:

Colossians 2:20

This does not make sense from a Christian perspective.

I thought that you were Polish and were familiar with Catholic teachings?
  10. S. Korea
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 01:29
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    You could try reading his posts on this thread.
    I think that it would be good for there to be a concise summary. I do not know exactly what he means and would like it to be stated precisely.

I do apologize, though, if that is too much to ask.

I know that Rajk has a peculiar and indivdiualistic form of Christianity and it would help me to understand him better if there was just some clear , masterful post on it.

It's difficult to keep the views of people outside of the church and involved in heretical views straight.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 01:30
    Originally posted by @sonship
    The Church of Christ is the BROTHERHOOD OF ALL WHO FOLLOW CHRIST

Is an Atheist who you think follows Christ in the [b]BROTHERHOOD
    of the Church of Christ ?

YES or
    NO?

I want to practice some basic reading comprehension skills.

YES - an Atheist is in the Church BROTHERHOOD ?

NO - an Atheist is NOT in the Church BROTHERHOOD ?

Make it plain for the resident English teacher ThinkOfOne and myself.[/b]
    Unlike you I do not know who will enter the kingdom of God. You say it is those who profess faith.

Jesus said it is those who follow the commandments. And he said it clearly many times.. Jesus said if you want eternal life follow the commandments .

Atheist will be judged. If i had to guess my money would be on an atheist that helps the needy feeds the poor. A Christian that does not do these things will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

So the answer is YES. An atheist who lives according to the commandments of Christ is in the brotherhood of Christ. A Christian who does not do these good works is not in the brotherhood of Christ.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 01:31
    What would be the spirit of the times?

Keeping with... the spirit of the times?

It sounds like you are saying that the Church should change to match the world.

Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:

Colossia ...[text shortened]... stian perspective.

I thought that you were Polish and were familiar with Catholic teachings?
    Matthew 10
    7“And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ 8“Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 01:33
    I think that it would be good for there to be a concise summary. I do not know exactly what he means and would like it to be stated precisely.

I do apologize, though, if that is too much to ask.

I know that Rajk has a peculiar and indivdiualistic form of Christianity and it would help me to understand him better if there was just some clear , mas ...[text shortened]... cult to keep the views of people outside of the church and involved in heretical views straight.
    The thread is only three pages long. Shouldn't be too much of a hardship for you to catch up.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 01:36

Read Matt 5 6 and 7.
    Matt 25.

The parable of the Good Samaritan
    The story of the Rich Man and Lazarus.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 01:40
    You say that the gates of hell have alreayd prevailed against the Church.

This is directly against the passage:

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Matthew 16:18.

What is the meaning of this?

The general and most bro ...[text shortened]... shall not triumph over the church and that there shall always be the legitimate church on earth.
    You are misquoting me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree