Doubt

Doubt

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by The Chess Express
[b]Here is why I say that the word of God is necessary...
Rom 12:1-2
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And do not be conformed (fashioned) to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ...[text shortened]... ple’s heart with fear, and this will drive them away from God.

Where are we miscommunicating?
[/b]The only point that I disagree with you on is that proving God can be done by the scripture. Proving God is something that people need to do for themselves.

Proving God through the scripture is the only way I know aside from phenomonon. People do need to prove God for themselves. But as I said it is by taking God at His word. It is by believing and then "acting" accordingly.

James 1:22
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
(NKJ)

TCE

Colorado

Moves
06 Nov 05
5 edits

Originally posted by checkbaiter
The only point that I disagree with you on is that proving God can be done by the scripture. Proving God is something that people need to do for themselves.

Proving God through the scripture is the only way I know aside from phenomonon. People do need to prove God for themselves. But as I said it is by taking God at His word. It is by belie ...[text shortened]... .

(NKJ)[/b]
Proving God through the scripture is the only way I know aside from phenomonon.

A direct experience with God would be considered phenomenal would it not?

People do need to prove God for themselves. But as I said it is by taking God at His word. It is by believing and then "acting" accordingly.

The scripture is not proof.

Is 55:8-9. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

This is coming from one of the authors.

II Tim. 1:13 “Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard from me, in faith in love which is in Christ Jesus.”

Timothy is saying here that the scripture must not be changed. It has been changed.

The scripture was written by many authors spanning hundreds of years, and it has been edited, misinterpreted, and mistranslated.

We cannot even be sure that the passages we read in the KJ version resemble what the author’s originally wrote. This is why it is necessary to find the truth within ourselves.

Again, Rev 3:20 “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come into him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

Exod 33:11 “So the LORD spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp…

Why do you think that God does not have the power to reveal himself to us or even answer our questions directly? Shouldn’t this be the ultimate goal of religion?

(NKJ)

Yes, the scripture tells us to find God within ourselves.

Luke 17:21 "Neither shall they say, Lo here! Or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

Jer 29:13 "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when yee shall search for me with all your heart."

TCE

Colorado

Moves
06 Nov 05
3 edits

To "put on the new man" takes time. It has nothing to do with being "born again", it has everything to do with after being born again.
To be born again/saved is simple. See Romans 10:9...you won't "feel" any different. This is where Christians stumble the most. Satan comes around and suggests to your mind, and it will seem like your own thoughts, ...[text shortened]... eaking,
2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,
(NKJ)
That is how satan works. Not grotesque looking demons like in the movies. He attacks the mind with doubt. If he can succeed in planting doubt in your mind about God's word being a myth, not relevant, etc. then he has defeated you already. And you will never "experience" God.

One could also say that Satan causes us to not doubt. He causes some to blindly believe what somebody else tells them and forget about finding the truth for themselves.

II Timothy 1:7 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and a sound mind.”

We need to use the sound mind that God gave us.

1 Pet 1:24-25
24 because "All flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, and its flower falls away,
25 But the word of the Lord endures forever." Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you.
(NKJ)

Psalm 65:2 “O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.”

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Nov 05

[b]Proving God through the scripture is the only way I know aside from phenomonon.

A direct experience with God would be considered phenomenal would it not?

People do need to prove God for themselves. But as I said it is by taking God at His word. It is by believing and then "acting" accordingly.

...[text shortened]... r 29:13 "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when yee shall search for me with all your heart."[/b]
No, not in itself, but it is the vehicle to get one there.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Nov 05
1 edit

[b]That is how satan works. Not grotesque looking demons like in the movies. He attacks the mind with doubt. If he can succeed in planting doubt in your mind about God's word being a myth, not relevant, etc. then he has defeated you already. And you will never "experience" God.

One could also say that Satan causes us to not doubt. He cau ...[text shortened]... to you.
(NKJ)[/b]

Psalm 65:2 “O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.”[/b]
Heb 4:12
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
(NKJ)

The heart is what people believe with. The seat of the personal life. Where the big decisions are made.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
06 Nov 05

Those without faith are liars, for all have faith in their understanding, but those without doubt are fools.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Nov 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
Those without faith are liars, for all have faith in their understanding, but those without doubt are fools.
I'll buy that, but doubts are what I am trying to get rid of.🙂

Hmmm . . .

Moves
07 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Wulebgr
"Where there is sufficient doubt, there will be sufficient faith."

a Zen saying

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
07 Nov 05

Have you ever read these verses? If you have, then obviously you have not believed them and you , according to the bible, are still in your sins.
Just something to think about.
I have zero faith in Paul.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
07 Nov 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I can't wait to see the look on ivanhoe's face when myself and the rest of the Wolfpack get there.
How would you know if you and TheSkipper think that you are going to heaven?

Did you personnaly Accept Jesus Christ as your savior?

One can't be Libral and Chrsitian at the same time.

If you are a Libral and accept Jesus as your savior, I Guaranty you that you would become a Conservative. But you still might vote for Democrats though.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
07 Nov 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
I have zero faith in Paul.
So do I, I have faith in Jesus Christ that he gave Pual all this to write down.

d

Moves
07 Nov 05

Originally posted by RBHILL

If you are a Libral and accept Jesus as your savior, I Guaranty you that you would become a Conservative. But you still might vote for Democrats though.
LOL. This gets better and better everyday...

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
07 Nov 05

Everytime you post you seem more closeminded. How deep does the hole in your head go?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
07 Nov 05

No problem here. I'm a Scorpio.

d

Moves
07 Nov 05
1 edit

Should all Christians be fiscally conservative as well? Do you think Jesus would support tax breaks for the rich and workfare programs?