1. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 19:53
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Nothing is permanant. Only change. And yes, you do put a barrier between you and God, whom you dont know-except maybe the odd glimpse through scritpture,or whatever.
    2+2=4, 2+2 will always equal 4, Prove it, Yes I do know God through The Bible but also through my relatives, friends, Church...
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 20:48
    Originally posted by daniel58
    2+2=4, 2+2 will always equal 4, Prove it, Yes I do know God through The Bible but also through my relatives, friends, Church...
    Do you have the mathematical skill to prove that 2+2=4, Daniel, or do you just have faith in it?
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 21:02
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Do you have the mathematical skill to prove that 2+2=4, Daniel, or do you just have faith in it?
    Let's say for 2 weeks I give you a load of food and water that lasts exactly 2 weeks, and then for another 2 weeks, I'll give you a load of food and water that lasts another 2 weeks exactly, then it will be 4 weeks exactly not one more day, not one less.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 21:09
    Let's say for 2 weeks I give you a load of food and water that lasts exactly 2 weeks, and then for another 2 weeks, I'll give you a load of food and water that lasts another 2 weeks exactly, then it will be 4 weeks exactly not one more day, not one less.
    And where is the proof? Are you not sure, or do you only have faith in it?
  5. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 21:54
    Originally posted by galveston75
    But then one could ask..Why does the earth need to be destroyed or even burned if the problem with the way things are with wickedness and such, is not the fault of the planet earth? It is man that's causing the problems as well as the demonic influance of Satan of course...
    If God cared so much for his earth and children, why send satan and demons to ruin it? It doesn't add up. If angels are perfect and have great intelligence an example wouldn't be necessary. There seems to be a lot of flaws in the good book. Satan couldn't have been perfect and neither Adam and Eve either or they wouldn't have given in to sin. I would say that creation as the bible describes is probably flawed as well as the fate of the universe. Science isn't much better. Vanila ice cream is real and I shall turn my attention to it after hitting the post button.
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 22:26
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    If God cared so much for his earth and children, why send satan and demons to ruin it? It doesn't add up. If angels are perfect and have great intelligence an example wouldn't be necessary. There seems to be a lot of flaws in the good book. Satan couldn't have been perfect and neither Adam and Eve either or they wouldn't have given in to sin. I would say ...[text shortened]... Vanila ice cream is real and I shall turn my attention to it after hitting the post button.
    Because to test us, Both Lucifer (Satan), Adam and Eve were perfect (never sinned) but then they were tempted or put to a test if you want to say it that way and failed, The Bible is not flawed, neither is Creation, as God first made it but we have not made it better per se after the fall, the fate of the universe as The Bible describes isn't flawed (meaning that part of The Bible isn't flawed, none of it is, but that part isn't either). Humans are real too, so is God, so are angels and demons, and the Earth, and space...
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 23:20
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Affected in what way? Spiritually or physically?
    Physically! Entropy a direct cause of the fall.I thought that was a main line belief within Christendom? You know this is scriptural.
    Why don't we live forever? Why do we age? Just questions. Why do Evergreens live 3000+ years? But Man 75+ ?

Manny
  8. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 23:43
    Because to test us, Both Lucifer (Satan), Adam and Eve were perfect (never sinned) but then they were tempted or put to a test if you want to say it that way and failed, The Bible is not flawed, neither is Creation, as God first made it but we have not made it better per se after the fall, the fate of the universe as The Bible describes isn't flawed (meanin ...[text shortened]... ther). Humans are real too, so is God, so are angels and demons, and the Earth, and space...
    Perfect and failed? That one just don't add up to me. God is real and so is space people and ice cream. That we can agree on. The good book? Not so much.
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 23:48
    Perfect and failed? That one just don't add up to me. God is real and so is space people and ice cream. That we can agree on. The good book? Not so much.
    The Good Book? You mean The Bible? They were perfect, meaning they never sinned, then they sinned so they were no longer perfect, like you never ate ice-cream (at one point), so you were a non-ice-cream-eater (at one point) then you ate ice-cream so now you are a ice-cream-eater
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    29 Sep '09 00:38
    The Good Book? You mean The Bible? They were perfect, meaning they never sinned, then they sinned so they were no longer perfect, like you never ate ice-cream (at one point), so you were a non-ice-cream-eater (at one point) then you ate ice-cream so now you are a ice-cream-eater
    If a person is perfect they wouldn't sin. A perfect angel would not choose satans side would they? A perfect angel could not be decieved. A perfect angel would not choose the loosing side would they? If I was Adam and God told me not to eat the dish of ice cream in the center of the garden, guess what? Yep we would have wars and mosquitoes, and death. If I was perfect like Adam was supposed to be then guess what? I would make my own Ice cream.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '09 03:28
    Because to test us, Both Lucifer (Satan), Adam and Eve were perfect (never sinned) but then they were tempted or put to a test if you want to say it that way and failed, The Bible is not flawed, neither is Creation, as God first made it but we have not made it better per se after the fall, the fate of the universe as The Bible describes isn't flawed (meanin ...[text shortened]... ther). Humans are real too, so is God, so are angels and demons, and the Earth, and space...
    You refer to Lucifer. Lucifer mean 'bearer of light'. He's called Lucifer by his friends.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Sep '09 11:26
    If God cared so much for his earth and children, why send satan and demons to ruin it? It doesn't add up. If angels are perfect and have great intelligence an example wouldn't be necessary. There seems to be a lot of flaws in the good book. Satan couldn't have been perfect and neither Adam and Eve either or they wouldn't have given in to sin. I would say ...[text shortened]... Vanila ice cream is real and I shall turn my attention to it after hitting the post button.
    Lets just break down the linguistics a bit here,eh?

Now its only our(humans) point of view that 'satan ruined the earth', or whatever. Viewed from the fifth dimension there is no problem. Everything is in its right place and there are no accidents. (Unless we tell ourselves they are 'accidents'😉...(When I have an 'accident' I try to control my temper and thank God for the experience)

In my simplistic version the 'bad' side is needed to enable the spirit to evolve through those(mainly material) lessons. If it was all good , we would not strive.. And as for not knowing why God lets good people die perhaps we will know when we die...🙂
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    30 Sep '09 17:18
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Lets just break down the linguistics a bit here,eh?

Now its only our(humans) point of view that 'satan ruined the earth', or whatever. Viewed from the fifth dimension there is no problem. Everything is in its right place and there are no accidents. (Unless we tell ourselves they are 'accidents'😉...(When I have an 'accident' I try to control my temper ...[text shortened]... nd as for not knowing why God lets good people die perhaps we will know when we die...🙂
    How do you know that if it was all good we wouldn't strive. You can only guess at it from a human perspective. I do tend to lean toward your view here but there is no proof. There is no proof a perfect being would fail either.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Sep '09 21:41
    Originally posted by menace71
    Physically! Entropy a direct cause of the fall.I thought that was a main line belief within Christendom? You know this is scriptural.
    Why don't we live forever? Why do we age? Just questions. Why do Evergreens live 3000+ years? But Man 75+ ?

Manny
    Because we sin..Ezek 18: 4,20. And we sin because of Adam. Rom 5:12.
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Sep '09 22:37
    Angels are not in the sin or not sin business. Biblically, that's a condition reserved solely for humans.

Angels have one role, as messengers of God, and can judge upon good or evil.

A theophony was something any sane human would not welcome. Either you were going to be put to death or you wish you did, but there are a couple of accounts where angels in the OT changed their minds.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree