1. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 20:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    perhaps you have the solutions Jack? Good to see there was more to your post than simply telling others that they are morons, quite deep really.

i was once buying petrol from a Shell petrol station , Gt western road, Glasgow. a young girl and a group of other students were demonstrating outside, against this particular companies exploitation of ...[text shortened]... faith in a supernatural power, or her for putting faith in humankind and the political element?
    During my christian upbringing they always told me "god helps those who help themselves." Is that no longer operative? I don't claim to have the answer to everything (or even to be a useful contributor.) I'm a moron too! I am not so stupid as to believe that just wandering around in the parking lot waiting for divine intervention is going to accomplish anything other than more suffering and the eventual disappearance of our species. If that plan is fine with you then go ahead. For myself, at least, every chance I get I try to tell people that there are things more important than our petty differences in belief. Most young people seem to get this - so maybe once all of us morons die off they'll have a chance (as long they are not convinced to wander around the parking lot like...)
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 21:22
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    During my christian upbringing they always told me "god helps those who help themselves." Is that no longer operative? I don't claim to have the answer to everything (or even to be a useful contributor.) I'm a moron too! I am not so stupid as to believe that just wandering around in the parking lot waiting for divine intervention is going to accomplish ...[text shortened]... 'll have a chance (as long they are not convinced to wander around the parking lot like...)
    I have never read this thing myself, of course one must remember that there are a number of things attributed to God that are not really his work. The closest thing i have come across is not from a Christian source but an eastern source. Where i live, during our youth, Bruce Lee was a real folk hero. My friend had an amazing poster of him, taken from a scene of Enter the dragon, the nunchaka scene, the caption read, there is no help like self help.

If God has stated that he will bring to ruin those who are ruining the earth, then who am i to argue with him? there are no easy solutions to this problem, which economy is willing to sacrifice its wealth for the sake of the environment?

Belief is one thing, as are differences, until such things as corporate greed and exploitation of the environment persist, which incidentally have as their basis a spiritual problem, that being greed, then telling others to put aside differences seems to me to have the same merit as belief in divine intervention, as does wandering the car calling for peace while the tree that shades us is burning!
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Sep '09 22:08
    Originally posted by menace71
    What if this earth & this whole universe was affected by the fall of man? Is not that what most Christians believe? Of course I've heard somewhere that there is actually an acceleration of the universe which can't be accounted for with the current mass of the universe. dark matter?

Manny
    Affected in what way? Spiritually or physically?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Sep '09 16:12
    Originally posted by Badwater
    I'm an inactive minister, and I don't like being called an idiot. Who does? Plus, I'm absolutely certain that my theology and Christology in no way resembles yours; I'm certain you don't consider me very Christian. That's ok - the feeling is more than mutual.

My dare remains. 😠

Your doubt of my abilities to interpret and expound upon the Gospel are h ...[text shortened]... ts. I'm sure in your garden of Ignorance your plants are much larger than anyone else's.
    "My dare remains." 😠

Your threat is as hollow and empty as your knowledge of the gospel.
    No one who knows Christ makes threats like that, especially in a public forum.

'I dare ya'. 'I double dare ya'. What kind of childish school yard nonsense is that? It's childish foolishness. No mature adult would make threats like that. Especially against someone they don't know.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '09 17:05
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"My dare remains." 😠

Your threat is as hollow and empty as your knowledge of the gospel.
    No one who knows Christ makes threats like that, especially in a public forum.

'I dare ya'. 'I double dare ya'. What kind of childish school yard nonsense is that? It's childish foolishness. No mature adult would make threats like that. Especially against someone they don't know.[/b]
    (I think Joseph won that one.)
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Sep '09 22:05
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    HEY CHRISTIAN DUDES!!! Stop putting a barrier between you and God. Nothing is set in stone,(or scripture), we all have the power to AFEECT the future on this planet on many different levels-tap into it 🙂
    God is in control of what we do that effects the earth.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Sep '09 22:22
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    God is in control of what we do that effects the earth.
    So we don't have the ability to make choises on our own? All the wars and other terrible things that have happened were caused by God and not man?
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    26 Sep '09 22:29
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    HEY CHRISTIAN DUDES!!! Stop putting a barrier between you and God. Nothing is set in stone,(or scripture), we all have the power to AFEECT the future on this planet on many different levels-tap into it 🙂
    We aren't, "in stone" like statues? Or permanent, things are permanent like 2+2=4 will always be permanent. Scripture is permanent.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Sep '09 22:52
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So we don't have the ability to make choises on our own? All the wars and other terrible things that have happened were caused by God and not man?
    They are cause by man but God allows them to happen.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Sep '09 23:11
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    (I think Joseph won that one.)
    Rare occurrence indeed.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 10:24
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    They are cause by man but God allows them to happen.
    God is evil.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 13:00
    God is evil.
    Then what is good?
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 13:16
    Originally posted by josephw
    Then what is good?
    To kill is evil, let live is good.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 22:25
    To kill is evil, let live is good.
    Yes, you should be God!
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 23:08
    Originally posted by daniel58
    We aren't, "in stone" like statues? Or permanent, things are permanent like 2+2=4 will always be permanent. Scripture is permanent.
    Nothing is permanant. Only change. And yes, you do put a barrier between you and God, whom you dont know-except maybe the odd glimpse through scritpture,or whatever.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree