18 Jul '18 10:44
    HAIRDRIER ~~~~~~
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 10:481 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    How convenient 😉
    If you are looking for a piece of the wooden cross or a piece of the tree of life or something like that people like Ron Waytt have dedicated years of archaeology to search the Holy Land and Egypt for artifacts like that.

He has been quite excited to verify the Bible by finding physical artifacts.

If you need to find a beam in the ark of Noah or are excited to find a nail from the cross, there are some people who would love you to be in their audience.

Some of us see God's eternal purpose to come INTO our being that we may live in union with Him. And some of us see that we should not be distracted from this.

No doubt you will respond with something like -

"But sonship, what about your beloved hell fire ?"

What about living by taking into us the Lord Jesus?
    Excuse me for talking about something else.

Hot fiery punishment is not mentioned up front in the Bible. But eating the divine life of God IS.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 10:51
    "For God is my witness, whom I serve in my spirit in the gospel of His Son, ..." (Rom, 1:9a)

This verse is important because it shows Paul's human spirit is involved.

The human spirit is an "organ" that can directly contact God the eternal Spirit.

His human spirit is not the same as his soul.
    His human spirit is deeper than his soul.
    He is joined to the Lord in his spirit. He serves God out from his regenerated, reborn, enlivened spirit.

This causes Christ to transform his soul.
    This is a aspect of eating Christ to live by Christ.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 10:58
    "The Spirit Himself witnesses with our spirit that we are the children of God." (8:14)

Not to be taken for granted.
    When Christ come into our innermost being we receive something that religion nor the world can give. And it cannot be taken away.

The Holy Spirit bears witness with our human spirit, jointly, that we have entered into a most intimate family relationship with God our Father.

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (Phil. 4:23)

Grace can be explained as the enjoyment of God to be everything that you need.

This enjoyment of God empowering and enabling is with the innermost being of the man who receives Jesus Christ.

We have to learn then to linger in that realm and walk in that realm and go step by step with our mind set upon our regenerated human spirit.

There Jesus Christ is if you have let Him into your heart.
    And there the GRACE of the Lord Jesus Christ is with you kind of like power steering.

He is an enabler to live through the victorious Son of God.

"The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you." (2 Tim. 4:22)

This is Paul's last word written in the New Testament. This is his most important crucial thing he desires his learning TImothy to never forget.

Of course he wants Timothy to remember much. But most of all -

The Living and Available Jesus Christ, Who is in resurrection, is in a form in which He is WITH you. He is WITH your deepest part - your spirit.

Live in that realm and enjoy the life giving power of the Son of God. His GRACE is with your spirit. His grace is with you. Live in that grace. Stand in that grace. Depend upon that grace. There is righteous living and victory.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 11:063 edits
    HAIRDRIER ~~~~~~
    "But a soulish man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him and he is not able to know them because they are discerned spiritually." (1 Cor. 2:14)

Now you'll whine that I implied that you are a soulish man for whom spiritual things are foolish.

Now I expect you or someone to rush in and say "That's not fair. That's mean of you."

But that is the way you are acting calling what you don't understand as "HAIRDRIER".

Maybe you are just too dominated by a natural mind (like the Greek philosophy loving Corinthians) for which spiritual things of the new testament were always alien.

Now your job is to try to make me feel bad for saying you are acting just like the natural man. That is like the Corinthian readers who regarded Paul's explanations as nonsense.

A wiser person, I think, would just observe and consider. Maybe seek a question here or there.

So get busy now. You can call my labors "HARDRIER". But God forbid that I point out that maybe the problem is YOU just have not capacity to handle spiritual truths from the New Testament.

So, how mean awful mean am I now Divegeester?
    I should just smile at the charge of "HAIRDRIER". Right?
    Why be Sooooo unkind to You, I mean YOU of all people?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 11:12
    Enough time wasted there.

From the early pages of the Bible God presents Himself to man as FOOD.

The message is that He is outside of us. But we can take Him into us to be inside of us.

He did not create man with God in him. He did however create man in His image and in His likeness.

This is like a glove created in the image of a human hand for the purpose of CONTAINING the hand. This is a metaphysical thing mostly.

We are created in a "shape" such that God Himself fits into our being COMFORTABLY. No other creatures on earth were created in His image and in His likeness in this way.

There is nothing else on the earth quite like a human being. For humans were created in the image of God and in the likeness of God.

We were created that God may live in us in a incorporated and compounded way.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 11:19
    Originally posted by @sonship
    So, how mean awful mean am I now Divegeester?
    I should just smile at the charge of "HAIRDRIER". Right?
    Why be Sooooo unkind to You, I mean YOU of all people?
    If someone is a follower of Jesus but finds much of what you say to be a kind of vainglorious and pretentious pseudo-intellectualism, do they face "damnation"?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 11:231 edit
    If you are looking for a piece of the wooden cross or a piece of the tree of life or something like that people like Ron Waytt have dedicated years of archaeology to search the Holy Land and Egypt for artifacts like that.
    I’m not looking for anything, I’m just asking you a simple question about your beliefs sonship. The tree of life is clearly not a piece of wood like a boat, it is a very special piece of vegetation which indues eternal life.

If the tree of life was a real literal tree, then where is it now?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 11:272 edits
    Now you'll whine that I implied that you are a soulish man for whom spiritual things are foolish.
    I think you are, as FMF presupposes, a vainglorious, pompous , pseudo-intellectual theist who is a member of a cultish church which harbour some very odd leadership styles and erroneous doctrines, which I might add, you are frequently reluctant to discuss in detail when pressed.

Hairdryer is a comical metaphor which describes your posting style when you are in preach mode.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 11:393 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If someone is a follower of Jesus but finds much of what you say to be a kind of vainglorious and pretentious pseudo-intellectualism, do they face "damnation"?
    So folks you have to regard as "vainglorious" and "pretentious pseudo intelleftualism" all the many, many utterances in the Bible about EATING.

Let's take a couple examples of this "vainglorious and pretntious pseudio intellectualism."

Here's a good one.

"But He [Christ] answered and said, it is written,

Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out through the mouth of God." (Matthew 4:4)

Pay NO attention to this folks. FMF with his atheist wisdom is here to tell you that the thought of "eating" the word of God and living by every word of God is ---

"vainglorious and pretntious pseudo intellectualism"

Of course if you follow his way to live you'll likely spipritually STARVE to death on his "humble" --- I don't know, I'm humble you know ??"
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 11:423 edits
    And if some with a little experience try to help others to understand just a little. Oh that doesn't come up to FMF's lofty Atheist standard of abject ignorance.

Paul admonishes the believers in Jesus:
    " So then let us keep the FEAST, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and evil,

but with the unleavened BREAD of sincerity and truth." (1 Cor. 5:8)

Paul !! The Christian life as a "FEAST" ? The Christian belief as eating an enjoyable FEAST of unleavened bread? You mean something like the picture of the Israelites eating unleavened bread in the Exodus?

FMF is here to announce that this is surely - "vainglorious and pretentious pseudo-intellectualism".

Meanwhile he has spiritual atrophy like a starving man whose jaw muscles have degenerated from famine and disuse.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 11:42
    A closing theme of the whole Bible -

"Blessed are those who wash their robes that they may have right to the tree of life." (Rev. 22:14)

Now folks don't concern yourself with whatever God may mean by this. I mean this throw back to man before the "tree of life" to EAT something wonderful of God. The barrier removed and the tree of life available that its fruit (whatever it may mean) the saved are entitled now to EAT.

FMF is here to announce in his authoritative clueless blackness of heart that such talk is -

"vainglorious and pretentious pseudo- intellectialism"

So be it. I continue.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 11:562 edits
    A closing theme of the whole Bible -

[b] "Blessed are those who wash their robes that they may have right to the tree of life." (Rev. 22:14)
    It is possible that you are really so deluded that you believe that there are literal robes to wash and literal flesh of Christ to eat. Because all these things mean that one MUST FOLLOW THE COMMANDMENTS OF CHRIST. But knowing your dislike for this doctrine Im sure you are clinging to other irrelevant matters which do not give eternal life

Rev 22:14 in the KJV says

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. (Revelation 22:14 KJV)

Those who enter the Kingdom of God are the righteous, those who do good works and the ones who follow Christ's commandments.

Those who
    - eat Christ
    - drink Christ
    - hear Chrsit
    - are in Christ

without OBEYING CHRIST are cast out of the Kingdom of God.

Obey the commandments is the key ... thats the one thing you never speak of.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 12:101 edit
    I think you are, as FMF presupposes, a vainglorious, pompous , pseudo-intellectual theist who is a member of a cultish church which harbour some very odd leadership styles and erroneous doctrines, which I might add, you are frequently reluctant to discuss in detail when pressed.

Hairdryer is a comical metaphor which describes your posting style when you are in preach mode.
    LOL

Yea yea. My syle is funny.

But you know people who really want to seek for God and spiritual blessing, don't place that much attention to delivery. I think there are people as I was.

PRIMARILY considering what could be comprehended from the main message.

So you sit back and jolly at my style of preaching.
    Maybe some others, hold that kind of secondary and want to think about the passages in the Holy Bible about EATING.

For example -

"The judgments of Jehovah are true And altogether righteous.

More to be desired are they than gold, Sweeter also than honey and the drippings of the honeyomb." (Psa. 19:10)

God's word - more precious than fine gold, more tasty than sweet honey and the drippings of the honeycomb.

Such "pompous, vainglorious, cultish, pseudo-intelletual, odd, erroneous doctrines"
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 12:131 edit
    Job, the oldest book in the Bible, records a man for whom the necessity God and His word was even more important that his natural food.

Job 23:12 -

"As for the commandments of His lips, I have not turned back from it.

I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my apportioned food."

Hmmm, Maybe the faithful patriarch Job also was under some -

" a vainglorious, pompous , pseudo-intellectual theist who is a member of a cultish church which harbour some very odd leadership styles and erroneous doctrines, "

I guess I'm in good company. I love God and His word and could go without food if I had to. But don't let me go altogether without God and the word of God for they are pertinent to eternity as well as this life.

Eating and drinking God are a big theme in the Bible.

Some spiritual anorexia shriveled dude calling the expounding on "eating" God through eating His word may be to them -

a vainglorious, pompous , pseudo-intellectual theist who is a member of a cultish church which harbour some very odd leadership styles and erroneous doctrines,

Then again it could be that they've been on a diet of humanist feces and atheistic garbage so long that they mock someone trying to introduce others to satisfying their spiritual hunger on the Lord Jesus Christ and the word of God.

And NOW ... I am not being nice.
    Now they'll come in liking their wounds scolding me for not being a good little Christian that they can walk over when nothing better do they have than the Gospel to present here.

Mean, mean sonship. What happened to turn the other cheek ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree