Eating Jesus is the Way

Eating Jesus is the Way

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
18 Jul 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Making fun of sonships thread?
Sonship knows better.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jul 18
1 edit

Well they ATE manna everyday for forty years. And do you know what happened? They got this manna all into their bodies. The heavenly bread reconstituted them. The fabric of their bodies were saturated with what they ate - MANNA.

This was a picture. We are SAVED by eating Jesus, We are filled with Christ by everyday taking in Jesus Christ.

He changes our disposition.
He saturates out being.
He constitutes us with Himself until we become a heavenly kind of people.

You are what you eat.
You eat Christ until you are filled up with Christ and you become Christ. Rather you become Christ EXPANDED into you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jul 18

We eat Christ and are constituted OUT of this corrupt age and made prepared to into the age to come. Filled with Jesus Christ for the kingdom age that is coming.

We have to take advantage of the time to "eat Jesus".

"I am the bread of life. Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.

This is the bread which comes down out of heaven, that anyone may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread which came down out of heaven,

if anyone eats of this bread, he shall live forever." (John 6:48-51)

I speak of EATING Jesus because Jesus spoke first about EATING JESUS.

Moves
18 Jul 18

Originally posted by @sonship
LOL

Yea yea. My syle is funny.

But you know people who really want to seek for God and spiritual blessing, don't place that much attention to delivery. I think there are people as I was.

PRIMARILY considering what could be comprehended from the main message.

So you sit back and jolly at my style of preaching.
Maybe some others, hold that kin ...[text shortened]... neycomb.

Such "pompous, vainglorious, cultish, pseudo-intelletual, odd, erroneous doctrines"
Don’t worry, you’re not the only one.
Unfortunately.

Moves
18 Jul 18

Then again it could be that they've been on a diet of humanist feces and atheistic garbage so long that they mock someone trying to introduce others to satisfying their spiritual hunger on the Lord Jesus Christ and the word of God.
Or maybe they just disagree with your theology and find you to be a vainglorious pontificator.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
Or maybe they just disagree with your theology and find you to be a vainglorious pontificator.
Don't you have some soccer game or some other sports event to gush on about? Tend to your "Coming Home" thread. There are thousands of clamoring fans who need your analysis.

Moves
18 Jul 18

Don't you have some soccer game or some other sports event to gush on about? Tend to your [b]"Coming Home" thread. There are thousands of clamoring fans who need your analysis.[/b]
Disagreement is normal sonship.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jul 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Disagreement is normal sonship.
Right. So go tend to your soccer games over on Coming Home. Some good points of view over there.

There must be some seekers of Spirituality who would be quite edified by your insights into the game.

You know? "Feed My sheep" and all ?

F

Moves
19 Jul 18
1 edit

]Then again it could be that they've been on a diet of humanist feces and atheistic garbage so long that they mock someone trying to introduce others to satisfying their spiritual hunger on the Lord Jesus Christ and the word of God.
"Faeces"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jul 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
Sonship knows better.
These usual trolls can't mock the matter of taking in God and His word as spiritual food.

" Taste and see that Jehovah is good; Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him. " (Psalm 34:8)

By "tasting" the Lord God we learn that above all things, God is good. And "eating" Him is the way to take refuge in Him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jul 18

Sonship knows better.
Notice that the Psalmist speaks of tasting God that He is good. In the New Testament Peter applies this verse to taking in "the milk or the word" . The word they had was the Old Testament and the teaching of Jesus.

"As newborn babes long for the guileless milk of the word in order that by it you may grow unto salvation.

"If you have tasted that the Lord is good." (First Peter 2:2,3)

The analogy is clear. Milk causes the newborn babe to grow in the natural life. The milk of God's word causes the newly regenerated Christian to grow spiritually "unto salvation."

These wanna be pseudo intellectuals can't mock something so obviously biblical.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jul 18

Originally posted by @fmf
"Feces"?
"Vainglorious and pretentious pseudo- intellectialism"?

F

Moves
19 Jul 18

"Vainglorious and pretentious pseudo- intellectialism"[b]?[/b]
Yes. I think your "Christian" persona and content is affected by these things. Whether you agree with my vocabulary or not, they do at least form a critique of your demeanour and perhaps your motivation.

So, what about your use of the word "faeces"?

Do you know what "faeces" are?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jul 18
3 edits

Sonship knows better.
Notice that this pseudo intellectual troll FMF doesn't even know that the Apostle Paul counted everything he previously thought was so valuable as dung - refuse, garbage, compared to the excellency of the knowledge of Christ.

Phil. 3:8

King James Bible
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, [feces] that I may win Christ,

Christian Standard Bible
... I have suffered the loss of all things and consider them as dung, so that I may gain Christ...

Holman Christian Standard Bible
have suffered the loss of all things and consider them filth, so that I may gain Christ

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
I also consider all these things a loss for the majesty of the knowledge of Yeshua The Messiah, my Lord, him for whose sake I have lost everything, and I consider it all as a dung heap, [a pile of FECES ] that I may gain The Messiah,

Other translations read refuse or garbage or rubbish.

F

Moves
19 Jul 18

Notice this troll doesn't even know that the Apostle Paul counted everything he previously thought was so valuable as dung - refuse, garbage, compared to the excellency of the knowledge of Christ.
Is all non-Christian thought - and all dissent that you face - "faeces"?