Eating Jesus is the Way

Eating Jesus is the Way

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
18 Jul 18

Originally posted by @sonship
So folks you have to regard as "vainglorious" and "pretentious pseudo intellectualism" all the many, many utterances in the Bible about EATING.
It's not about "eating" though, is it, not really, it's apparently about "eating Jesus". And you didn't answer my question.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jul 18
2 edits

Folks let's be clear. If I did not receive at least some comments like this -

" a vainglorious, pompous , pseudo-intellectual theist who is a member of a cultish church which harbour some very odd leadership styles and erroneous doctrines, "

I probably would be concerned that maybe I am not being too faithful to the Lord Jesus and the word of God. As it stands, repliies like this from the FMFs and Divegeesters of this world let me know that I am probably on the right track in my labors to help people with some of the Bible's concepts.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
It's not about "eating" though, is it, not really, it's apparently about "eating Jesus". And you didn't answer my question.
Your picture is too ugly.
I don't think it is safe to converse with crazy people who intentionally want to appear ugly.

it makes me think they want to make sweet bitter and bitter sweet. They want to put darkness for light and light for darkness.

They seem to want to glory in their shame or exalt their corruption. Are you like that?

The words that God in Christ speaks to us are spirit and life (John 6:63) . And God is taken in through His word having a place in our hearts.

You boast that you have no place.
So go starve on whatever it is you are "living" on.

Some of us want to eat from "the tree of life" and drink of "the water of life" as unusual as such expressions may sound at the moment.

F

Moves
18 Jul 18
1 edit

..." a vainglorious, pompous , pseudo-intellectual theist who is a member of a cultish church which harbour some very odd leadership styles and erroneous doctrines, "
I am not convinced that your most fitting vocation is as a teacher. You have contempt for the non-Christians here and most of the Christians just seem to ignore you.

Perhaps there are other vocations for you to live your Christian life that would have more meaning for those you interact with?

Talking of "eating": what about working for the poor and hungry, or for organizations that cater to them?

Wouldn't that be becoming "more like Jesus" ~ a claim you have repeatedly made about yourself ~ than this peculiar mixture of trying to preach to the tiny, tiny choir here in as holier-than-thou a way as you can, on one hand, and condescending the non-believer members of this community by talking about their "meaningless lives" and their "unclean dog natures" who are "spreading germs" by sharing their perspectives with you?

F

Moves
18 Jul 18

As it stands, repliies like this from the FMFs and Divegeesters of this world let me know that I am probably on the right track in my labors to help people with some of the Bible's concepts.
Does you talking about "eating Jesus" help anyone to get "saved"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jul 18
2 edits

I am not convinced that your most fitting vocation is as a teacher. You have contempt for the non-Christians here and most of the Christians just seem to ignore you.

Perhaps there are other vocations for you to live your Christian life that would have more meaning for those you interact with?

Talking of [b]"eating"
: what about working for the poor a ...[text shortened]... and their "unclean dog natures who are "spreading germs" by sharing their perspectives with you?[/b]
Boo-Hoo! I mean BOO - HOO!! , YOU don't approve.

And nobody listens. BOO-HOO !

Tiny little one and a half people who listen to me - BOO-HOO !!!

No wonder you were a failure at even being a pretend disciple of Jesus once. You probably started profusely licking your wounds in self pity the first time somebody wrinkled their eyebrow at you saying you loved God.

Poor me - IGNORED, OH the shame of it !!!

I mean that surely makes the word of God not true. Right?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jul 18

Folks let's be clear. .
Who are these 'folks'? Do you really think anyone reads your nonsense let alone agree with you? All your threads have no support from any Christian, even thoough at times you beg others to respond if they read or agree. You are a loser trying to promote false doctrines.

F

Moves
18 Jul 18
2 edits

Boo-Hoo! I mean BOO - HOO!! , YOU don't approve.
It's not so much that I "don't approve", it's more a suggestion. If you see yourself as an especially wise and gifted teacher, then I imagine nothing is going to penetrate that vanity and make you reflect.

But if you were, indeed, an especially wise and gifted teacher, you would be doing all this on a blog or website of your own, with an eager and admiring audience, rather than suffocating "the choir" with monologues on a message board and getting vituperatively upset with people not in "the choir".

It's just that ~ surely ~ there are some other kinds of good works and "being more like Jesus" things you could be doing that might recruit people to your religion or demonstrate Christian kindness and charity.

Do you picture yourself as "saving souls" here on this website? You seem unable to engage non-believers. Are you in fact just preening in front of other Christians?

F

Moves
18 Jul 18

No wonder you were a failure at even being a pretend disciple of Jesus once. You probably started profusely licking your wounds in self pity the first time somebody wrinkled their eyebrow at you saying you loved God.
Yes, I'm not a Christian anymore, if that's what you're on about. But I don't feel any self-pity. Nor do I have any wounds at all from my years as a Christian. Do you need to portray me as "self-pitying" in order to process the disagreements we have and to propagate your religion here?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jul 18

So, in the middle of the garden shows the preeminence and importance of this matter - to take in God.

As the Bible pretty much begins it also ends. The tree of life is central to the eternal city.

Man is brought BACK to God's original eternal plan. But more than that. What the saved secure in the end surpasses that which man lost in the fall in Genesis.

It is not entirely a restoral. It is a salvation EXCEEDING the original situation.

In both the beginning and the end we have the tree of life for eating and the water of life as a river for drinking.

Now, explicit mention of drinking is NOT in Genesis early chapters. However, when the names of the four rivers is contemplated, some Bible students see in this a hint of latter revelation of God's life as a mighty river.

The river divided into four heads with particular names which I will speak to below.

SIGN BELOW if you specifically intend NOT to read the next post - Include you name right under FMF's. Thanks.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jul 18

Yes, I'm not a Christian anymore, if that's what you're on about. But I don't feel any self-pity. Nor do I have any wounds at all from my years as a Christian. Do you need to portray me as "self-pitying" in order to process the disagreements we have and to propagate your religion here?
Fascinating!! Ask more questions.

F

Moves
18 Jul 18

Fascinating!! Ask more questions.
I'm responding to what you said to me. Do you need to portray me as "self-pitying" in order to process the disagreements we have and to propagate your religion here?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jul 18

I'm responding to what you said to me. Do you need to portray me as "self-pitying" in order to process the disagreements we have and to propagate your religion here?
Fascinating. Tell us more. Ask another question.

F

Moves
18 Jul 18

Fascinating. Tell us more. Ask another question.
How does portraying me as "self-pitying" [about my 28 or so years as a Christian, upon which I look happily and positively] help you to propagate your religion?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jul 18
1 edit

Now you remaining uninterested yawning folks. Here I come again.

We have eating and we have drinking in the Bible. In light of the whole Bible we can see something of the significance.

Eating is not just contacting but taking something outside of you into you.

The Bible is saying that man can choose to be constituted inwardly by what or WHO he takes into himself. Admittedly the concept of taking IN God is not too natural or intuitive.

I mean most of us think about knowing about God.
Or we may go further to knowing God.

But the Bible does not stop with us knowing some information about God or even just knowing God. The Bible emphasizes receiving this Person INTO our hearts. He is above and out of us and transcendent. Yet we can receive Him into the vessel of our being.

This kind of receiving the Person of God is depicted in the symbol of EATING.

Fast forward to the words of Jesus -

"As the living Father sent Me and I live becaise of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also shall live beaise of Me." (John 6:57)

We cannot say enough - "Lord Jesus, Lord Jesus my Savior COME INTO me. Lord Jesus I invite you in. Lord Come into me."