1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 05:24
    Originally posted by @fmf
    So, in light of Romans 13:1, do you essentially endorse the execution of homosexuals in countries like Iran?
    Endorse? No

See it as part of God's overall plan? Yes

In the end, man will rise up against God and will be defeated. Man will continue down the road of rebellion which means society will be like you and most people around here.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 05:28
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Endorse? No

See it as part of God's overall plan? Yes
    Does Romans 13:1 lead you to believe that your god figure, having established the Iranian government and placed them in power, wants them to execute homosexuals?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 06:09
    Does Romans 13:1 lead you to believe that your god figure, having established the Iranian government and placed them in power, wants them to execute homosexuals?
    God's plan must come true.

Although I doubt God micromanages everything, everything works out in the end.

As for your question, maybe you can get Jesus to answer it for you after you die.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 06:19
    As for your question, maybe you can get Jesus to answer it for you after you die.
    The question is about your beliefs. You believe in Romans 13:1 so you believe that your god figure established the Iranian government and placed them in power. You believe your god figure wanted homosexuals to be executed and you also insist that he never changed his mind about this. The Iranians execute people for homosexual sex. And yet you say you don't endorse it? Why would you not endorse arrangements - governments and punishments - that you quite clearly believe your god figure wants?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 06:211 edit
    The question is about your beliefs. You believe in Romans 13:1 so you believe that your god figure established the Iranian government and placed them in power. You believe your god figure wanted homosexuals to be executed and you also insist that he never changed his mind about this. The Iranians execute people for homosexual sex. And yet you say you don't endo ...[text shortened]... rangements - governments and punishments - that you quite clearly believe your god figure wants?
    My belief?

I believe that I do not care about Iran, other than wishing it was wiped from the face of the earth.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 06:23
    My belief?

I believe that I do not care about Iran, other than wishing it was wiped from the face of the earth.
    Yes, your belief in the veracity of Romans 13:1.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 06:42
    How could such a thing happen without innocent people being slaughtered?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 07:22
    How could such a thing happen without innocent people being slaughtered?
    You asked about my belief.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 07:35
    You asked about my belief.
    Yes, and with reference to that belief, as you stated it, I am now asking how could such a thing happen without innocent people being slaughtered ~ something that we can surely agree would be morally unsound?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 08:271 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Of course. What does that have to do with the price of fish?
    Really???

Did you even understand his question?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 08:32
    Yes, and with reference to that belief, as you stated it, I am now asking how could such a thing happen without innocent people being slaughtered ~ something that we can surely agree would be morally unsound?
    Really, you two should get a room. Or take your show on the road.

It's way more boring and not nearly as entertaining as the "FMF and Robbie Show", even though I thought that drivel was boring too. This takes boring and stupid to a whole new level. I'm pretty sure you're not even getting your requisite amount of Christian-bashing satisfaction here, since Eladar is about as ignorant as a box of rocks.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 08:35
    Originally posted by @suzianne

It's way more boring and not nearly as entertaining as the "FMF and Robbie Show", even though I thought that drivel was boring too. This takes boring and stupid to a whole new level. I'm pretty sure you're not even getting your requisite amount of Christian-bashing satisfaction here, since Eladar is about as ignorant as a box of rocks.
    If you don't like the discussion Eladar and I have been having, why are you intervening? Why not post on other threads where you like the discussion that's going on?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 08:37
    Originally posted by @suzianne

And yet you are drawn to this thread, chasing FMF. It wouldn't surprise me if you held a little soft spot in your heart for him.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 08:44
    FMF: So, in light of Romans 13:1, do you essentially endorse the execution of homosexuals in countries like Iran?

Endorse? No
    Do you believe the execution of homosexuals in Iran is morally sound or morally unsound?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 03:51
    Do you believe the execution of homosexuals in Iran is morally sound or morally unsound?
    BUMP for Eladar.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree