1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 13:091 edit
    Matthew 10:22
    And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

What happens to those that walk away?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 13:14
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

By "walk away" do you mean 'lack belief'?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 13:15

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 13:23

They all go to hell, just ask rajk.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 13:35
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Scripture or opinion?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 13:41
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    When will someone start a thread on hell? That would be great, wouldn't it? 😛
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 13:501 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    When will someone start a thread on hell? That would be great, wouldn't it? 😛
    Which did Jesus talk about more, Heaven or Hell?
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 14:101 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    By "walk away" do you mean 'lack belief'?
    I think he is referring to those who have believed at some point but have now given up.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 14:35

This for me is a fascinating scripture and one I believe we see misinterpreted and played out wrongly in here all the time, and also in real life.

The key here about being hated by all men is the "for my name's sake". The hatred comes through standing for the name of Jesus, or for being an annoying religious Christian person on the internet which seem here think is the same thing. A classic case in hand would be the JWs who LOVE to be persecuted because they feel the persecution legitimises their claims that they are the chosen ones.

Being challenged on the internet because of your religious beliefs is not persecution and more than the JWs getting grief because they annoy people on their doorsteps or are pompous on the internet, it not persecution either.

"Persecuted for my name's sake"
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 14:40

Jesus will judge all people. Read this. Maybe his part of your Bible is missing.

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
    For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat:
    I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink:
    I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
    Naked, and ye clothed me:
    I was sick, and ye visited me:
    I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
    For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat:
    I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    I was a stranger, and ye took me not in:
    naked, and ye clothed me not:
    sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    (Matthew 25:31-46 KJV)
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 15:06

They end up in the same situation as those who never believed.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 15:07
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I think he is referring to those who have believed at some point but have now given up.
    Those who 'walk away' are those who walk away from the message Jesus delivered.

As I told you before, John tells us that "many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more” not because they had doubts about him being the anticipated prophet, but because they simply didn't understand or believe what Jesus was telling them.

"But there are some of you who do not believe." - Belief to Jesus meant believing in his message.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 15:09
    Originally posted by Eladar
    They end up in the same situation as those who never believed.
    Actually you are wrong. Do you have a reference for that?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 15:11
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Those who 'walk away' are those who walk away from the message Jesus delivered.

As I told you before, John tells us that "many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more” not because they had doubts about him being the anticipated prophet, but because they simply didn't understand or believe what Jesus was telling them.

"But there are some of you who do not believe." - Belief to Jesus meant believing in his message.
    Exactly, walking away is demonstrated by disobeying the commandments of Christ.

Many Christians have another definition which is unbiblical and false.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 15:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Actually you are wrong. Do you have a reference for that?
    Actually I am right. See the op.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree