1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 03:10
    I used to think the "Anti-Christ" would be someone claiming to be Christian
    or was Jewish. Now I'm wondering if that is not the case. For those that
    believe in there is going to be an end times and there will be the "Anti-Christ"
    what are your thoughts? Others welcome to put in their ideas, but if you do
    not believe in either, what does it matter since for you it is an unreal event
    and person?
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 03:18
    The problem is my thoughts on this are dominated by Sam Neill because of the film. Any real Antichrist couldn't play the part half as well.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 03:25
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The problem is my thoughts on this are dominated by Sam Neill because of the film. Any real Antichrist couldn't play the part half as well.
    Never watched any of those films, so don't know enough to tell you one way
    or another about them.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 04:101 edit
    The first one's a good film, if you get a chance to see it then it's worth watching (in an it's on TV may as well see it kind of way). Omen II and III (the one with Sam Neill) aren't as good. But Sam Neill does do a good Antichrist.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 04:261 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I used to think the "Anti-Christ" would be someone claiming to be Christian
    or was Jewish. Now I'm wondering if that is not the case. For those that
    believe in there is going to be an end times and there will be the "Anti-Christ"
    what are your thoughts? Others welcome to put in their ideas, but if you do
    not believe in either, what does it matter since for you it is an unreal event
    and person?
    Notice that Revelation talks about people being beheaded.

Who does that sound like?

I believe that Mo was the false prophet spoken of in Revelation.

As was said in another thread, it is anticipated that Mo will overtake Christians in the near future.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 04:38
    Originally posted by whodey

I believe that Mo was the false prophet spoken of in Revelation.

As was said in another thread, it is anticipated that Mo will overtake Christians in the near future.
    One of the signs is a great falling away, that I believe it is beginning now. If
    that is true, this earth is heading for a bloody future in a very near future time.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 09:15
    One of the signs is a great falling away, that I believe it is beginning now. If
    that is true, this earth is heading for a bloody future in a very near future time.
    Could you be more specific? How much would you be willing to wager on your claims?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 09:421 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Could you be more specific? How much would you be willing to wager on your claims?
    I believe the "Anti-Christ" is more than likely alive today, I believe the
    mark 666 is going to be brought out for everyone to use in our life time.
    The Anti-Christ is going to kill a lot of people, the wrath of God is going to
    occur with the most bloody parts of the Bible that have been foretold would
    be very near.

Wager, nope...just giving you my opinion. For our sake, I'm hoping I'm
    very wrong.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 09:45
    Originally posted by whodey

Who does it sound like? Hundreds and hundreds of years of business as usual in Christendom, perhaps.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 09:47
    be very near.

very wrong.

Do you think Christianity turned you into a pessimist and misanthrope in this matter, or was it your abject pessimism and misanthropy that drew you to Christianity?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 09:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]I believe the "Anti-Christ" is more than likely alive today, I believe the
    be very near.

Wager, nope...just giving you my opi ...[text shortened]... e in this matter, or was it your abject pessimism and misanthropy that drew you to Christianity?
    I think KellyJay is neither of these things, and so your post is merely specious and opportunistic name-calling.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 10:063 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I think KellyJay is neither of these things, and so your post is merely specious and opportunistic name-calling.
    Your estimation of KellyJay does not affect the substance of my post. My post makes clear my opinion about his ugly superstitions and his negative take on mankind. He reminds me of galveston75. I take it from what you say, that ~ unlike me ~ you don't think either of them are pessimistic or misanthropic people. The question still stands: does KellyJay's mind map attract him to the 'the-end-is-nigh' brand of Christianity, or did the kind of Christianity that he now espouses inculcate him with his pessimistic or misanthropic outlook?
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 10:39
    be very near.

very wrong.
    The 'mark 666 is going to be brought out for everyone to use in our lifetime'. What exactly does that mean?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 10:44
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The 'mark 666 is going to be brought out for everyone to use in our lifetime'. What exactly does that mean?
    Revelation 13:
    11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 10:50
    Revelation 13:
    11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he m ...[text shortened]... r of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
    What does this mean in practical terms? For example, what does 'spake like a dragon' mean? How does a dragon speak?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree