End–times, one-world religion?

End–times, one-world religion?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Apr 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
To speak like a dragon means to speak like Satan the devil. It is speaking like the serpent in the Garden of Eden. It is speaking with deception. 😏
It also carries an under-meaning of speaking 'with authority', thus adding to the power of the deception.

F

Moves
04 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
So you will pardon me if I treat ALL your questions as rhetorical.
All my observations and questions are bang on target, whether you find them convenient or not. Declaring on-topic point blank questions to be "rhetorical" is therefore undisguised evasion. So perhaps you should go back and answer some of my questions, points and observations now that you know that they were not rhetorical but were, instead, specific and explicit ~ and opinionated ~ responses to things that you had posted.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
But wasn't Revelation written by and for early Christians during Roman times?
Isaiah was written in or near 800 BC. Does this mean his prophecies are about his time?

In case you don't get it: Prophecy is what prophets do. They're not news reporters.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
All my observations and questions are bang on target, whether you find them convenient or not. Declaring on-topic point blank questions to be "rhetorical" is therefore undisguised evasion. So perhaps you should go back and answer some of my questions, points and observations now that you know that they were not rhetorical but were, instead, specific and explicit ~ and opinionated ~ responses to things that you had posted.
As nothing (well, almost nothing) could be further from the truth, I suppose that, in addition to being "rhetorical", you're now trying for "lying"?

Here's another hint: If you insist on using "logic", you should take care that your "given" is correct. Your logic is circular, at best.

Now can we get back to the thread?

F

Moves
04 Apr 15

Isaiah was written in or near 800 BC. Does this mean his prophecies are about his time?

In case you don't get it: Prophecy is what prophets do. They're not news reporters.
The fact that Revelation was written by and for early Christians during Roman times is entirely relevant. There is no reason to think they had early C21st USA and its shrinking middle class in mind. A prophesy can be about the next day, or week, or year.

F

Moves
04 Apr 15

Here's another hint: If you insist on using "logic", you should take care that your "given" is correct. Your logic is circular, at best.
Which of my posts on this thread have used circular logic?

F

Moves
04 Apr 15

I can't change your mind. You're going to be disagreeable and projecting your own hatred of America onto me no matter what I do.
Once again; what "hatred of America" on my part are you referring to?

Moves
04 Apr 15

I'm not stupid, and neither is he.

He and I can both read the words 'pessimism' and 'misanthropy', AND we both know what they mean. You phrase your 'question' to paint him with these words no matter which answer he gives you. I wouldn't answer such an obvious personal attack, either.

The least you could do is come clean when busted. I think we're done here.
im baffled by your logic. can you explain how a reduction in the quality of life for some parts of the planet are an indication of the end times?

w

Moves
04 Apr 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Are you a supporter of Kelly's hypothesis, that the 'Mark of the Beast' will be a computer chip inserted into humans by Governments?
Yes.

w

Moves
04 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
I'm sorry to spoil your facination but I do recognise that Jesus said satan was the god of this world. What has that got to do with my post which you are replying to though?
If God's kingdom is not of this world and Satan is the god of this world then whose kingdom do earthy governments represent?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
05 Apr 15

Originally posted by whodey
If God's kingdom is not of this world and Satan is the god of this world then whose kingdom do earthy governments represent?
You have to be a little careful with that type of conclusion. What did Christ mean when he said "Satan is the god of this world"? Governments tend to represent interest groups, but assuming the relevant interest group is supernatural is a mistake. It's rather more mundane - they represent the rich, by and large.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Apr 15

Originally posted by DeepThought
You have to be a little careful with that type of conclusion. What did Christ mean when he said "Satan is the god of this world"? Governments tend to represent interest groups, but assuming the relevant interest group is supernatural is a mistake. It's rather more mundane - they represent the rich, by and large.
That I do believe is one of the big issues with people, these represent the
rich, those represent the poor. It is still us verses us, and if the spiritual
is where all the trouble is coming from than it doesn't matter what interest
group someone is for that puts them at odds with all others.

Satan being the god of this world whose main goal is harm us and keep us
at odds with one another, he will not care which special interest group one
is for as soon as you choose one over others you've put yourself at odds
with others. Being for everyone on a level playing field is really the only
proper way to look at each other. If you do not treat all with the same level
or care, if you do not hold everyone accountable as you do those you do
disagree with you have twisted what is right for something other than a
real concern of truth and honesty.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Apr 15
1 edit

It also carries an under-meaning of speaking 'with authority', thus adding to the power of the deception.
Yes, of course, or maybe, as if he has authority. 😏

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Apr 15

Pinpoint accuracy application.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Apr 15
1 edit

And he continues to execute his desperate plan to deceive human beings worldwide in 2015.....