1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 12:34
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I find it facinating that many American Christians think that their country is the seat of Satan's earthy power, some like whodey even going on to extrapolate that Obama is the Devil himself. This entanglement of extreme religious self-fixation and political partisan perspectives makes quite amusing viewing.
    I find it fascinating that you call yourself a Christian but don't realize the Jesus called Satan the god of this world.

Jesus time and again said that his kingdom was not of this world.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 12:36
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yes, and our governments will do it. It will seem like the right thing to do,
    unless you read the scriptures and see, no, not so much.
    Will every person in the world be chipped, or will this be carried out by selective governments?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 12:38
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Explain to me what this means to you in practical terms? How will this manifest itself in the here and now?
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    [info][add][mail][note]
    C. S. Lewis

More than likely, the mark will be seen as "progress". Think about it, if you had a mark on your arm to buy or sell, no need to go to a bank, carry cash or credit card you can lose or get stolen, no more cheating on taxes and probably no more filing taxes. If it is used as a tracking device, no more missing persons, no more running from the law. If it is used for medical information, no more lack of knowledge about the health history of a patient.

And the list goes on.

Those who oppose it will be seen as right winged fundamentalist nut cases. They will be seen as those who oppose "progress" and wish to thwart it.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 12:41
    Will every person in the world be chipped, or will this be carried out by selective governments?
    Over the years governments have become increasingly collaborative. Within the US alone, the political power structure has become centralized to the Executive branch. "Tyrants" who refuse to participate in this One world government process, like Saddam and Gaddifi, will be dealt with.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 14:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they ...[text shortened]... ndamentalist nut cases. They will be seen as those who oppose "progress" and wish to thwart it.
    You think only 'right winged' people will oppose governments 'chipping' the population?
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 14:36
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they ...[text shortened]... ndamentalist nut cases. They will be seen as those who oppose "progress" and wish to thwart it.
    Are you a supporter of Kelly's hypothesis, that the 'Mark of the Beast' will be a computer chip inserted into humans by Governments?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 14:401 edit
    I find it fascinating that you call yourself a Christian but don't realize the Jesus called Satan the god of this world.

Can a Christian still be a Christian in your estimation even if they don't agree with you about Obama?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 15:09
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    People used to believe it was going to be like a tattoo (at least those I knew)
    now I believe it will more than likely be like what we use on pets to track
    them. It will be something that will show who you are, and with that they
    could know all there is to know about you at all times. You could walk into
    a store take stuff off the shelf and leave withou ...[text shortened]... oing a crime would be more dangerous since they could scan a
    city block and know who was where.
    If am one of the people you have decided to not respond to could you at least have courtesy to tell me so I can construct my responses to your posts appropriately. Thanks.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 15:11

I'm sorry to spoil your facination but I do recognise that Jesus said satan was the god of this world. What has that got to do with my post which you are replying to though?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 15:121 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Can a Christian still be a Christian in your estimation even if they don't agree with you about Obama?
    Is he talking about Obama? I think he is being general about Satan. Could be wrong though...
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 16:35
    What does this mean in practical terms? For example, what does 'spake like a dragon' mean? How does a dragon speak?
    You can discount Revelations anyway, it was just an anti roman tract with cleverly disguised references to the government in Rome.

Christians jump on that tract as another way to inculcate fear into a duped populous.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 16:40
    Notice that Revelation talks about people being beheaded.

Who does that sound like?

I believe that Mo was the false prophet spoken of in Revelation.

As was said in another thread, it is anticipated that Mo will overtake Christians in the near future.
    Mo? Who's Mo?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 16:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your estimation of KellyJay does not affect the substance of my post. My post makes clear my opinion about his ugly superstitions and his negative take on mankind. He reminds me of galveston75. I take it from what you say, that ~ unlike me ~ you don't think either of them are pessimistic or misanthropic people. The question still stands: does KellyJay's mind map ...[text shortened]... of Christianity that he now espouses inculcate him with his pessimistic or misanthropic outlook?
    And again, your attacks on him have zero substance and thus, you're merely being mean and opportunistic.

Hmmm, I said that already, didn't I?

Your "questions" may seem innocent and "reflective" to you, but as usual, you're just using the question format to hide a mean and petty outlook of your own. You want to call him names? Fine, then just do it, don't hide behind your "innocent questioner" persona to do so.

And again, as I've said before, repeating your "question" three times, or four, or five, or six, or seven, or eight times isn't going to get a different answer, either from him or me, so just stop with the personal attacks. If you want to take issue with his opinions, go right ahead, but do not stoop to personal attacks just 'cause "you got nothin' else".
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 16:54
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What signs do you see of a "great falling away"?
    The Catholic Church calls this apostasy, if that helps you out.

I think the signs are obvious.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 16:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The Catholic Church calls this apostasy, if that helps you out.

I think the signs are obvious.
    If they are that obvious it shouldn't take you too long to spell them out for us. Fire away.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree