1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 21:57
    Originally posted by daniel58
    My point is what's the point of "Good and bad" if there's no Reward and punishment?
    Just live a good life daniel, that's the point. Live it like it's short. Do great things or rejoice in simple pleasures. Living life for some eternal reward is a waste of time.
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 22:04
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Just live a good life daniel, that's the point. Live it like it's short. Do great things or rejoice in simple pleasures. Living life for some eternal reward is a waste of time.
    Then what, lose my soul in hell?
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 22:11
    Then what, lose my soul in hell?
    There is no hell. Life is what you make it and then it ends.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 22:24
    My point is what's the point of "Good and bad" if there's no Reward and punishment?
    "You better be good for goodness sake"

Think about what the above really means.
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 22:25
    There is no hell. Life is what you make it and then it ends.
    Well even if there was only 1% of 1% of a chance of hell's existence then I would still act as if there was 100% chance of it existing because it's not worth it to be wrong!
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 22:41
    Well even if there was only 1% of 1% of a chance of hell's existence then I would still act as if there was 100% chance of it existing because it's not worth it to be wrong!
    So the religion with the most cruel type of hell gets your vote.

I'm guessing the Lord will see that you do not believe with your heart, but with your cowardice. Guess where you're going.
  7. Playing with matches
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 22:47
    Good. Act as if there is a punishment if that helps you cope. Live well and be good to your fellow man. Just take the time to enjoy life as well.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 00:15
    Originally posted by Agerg
    From which I should infer eternal torture elsewhere?

(note the failure here of mine to mention hell; since as I hinted at with my OP, I regard an eternal life in heaven as torture)
    Based on what, something you experienced?
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 00:17
    Originally posted by Palynka
    So the religion with the most cruel type of hell gets your vote.

I'm guessing the Lord will see that you do not believe with your heart, but with your cowardice. Guess where you're going.
    No other religions believe in hell too.

I do Believe with my heart, ?

To work in the morning.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 00:18
    Good defined how, what makes your own life better? Good could
    also mean you can do that while hurting another, and good could
    mean doing that and making other's lives better. Your view is that
    both are the same, so why bother?
    Kelly
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 05:25
    Originally posted by Agerg
    What a grim prospect!...to exist for an infinite period of time, where, for all times spent in that place you allegedy live out the rest of eternity, you have experienced not even the smallest conceivable fraction of the time left to endure.

The point when the only things new which remain to be done shall be comprised of mostly the incrementing of the coun ...[text shortened]... point that you're bored!!!

I'll take eternal [b]non-
    existence thankyou very much 😉[/b]
    Eternal existence is a whole different proposition once freed from this material body...😵
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 10:202 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What a sad and unappreciative way to view life.
    I'm not casting any negative view on this life, ie: the finite & physical one which I can sufficiently demonstrate (for all but the pointlessly (in this case) pedant) exists.

I see little reason to appreciate the supposed eternal life.
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 10:232 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Based on what, something you experienced?
    Kelly
    I assume you refer here to my assertion that eternal life would be torture.

A basis for this view can be seen by re-reading my OP.(note: I didn't say "physical torture" )
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 10:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Eternal existence is a whole different proposition once freed from this material body...😵
    Whether the body is material, ethereal, or whatever, I can't see how this has any significant effect on my actual problem (as outlined in the OP) with existing forever
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 11:22
    If we asked you to define what is good and bad, you'd probably resort to something along the lines of good is what god says is good, bad is what god says is bad citing your Bible at every step...this of course leads you to the conclusion that there must be reward and punishment for such deeds (because the bible says so)

This of course requires that the bible is true(ish?) account of people/entities and events described within. I say it is not!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree