1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 03:501 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    On second thought concerning the book I said might help:

I need to read something carefully first before I recommend it.
    I don't understand your response. Are you deliberately avoiding my question? It's ok that you are, but please say so, so that I don't get accused of badgering or harassing you for a response.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 03:52
    Divegeester,

I suggest you obtain [b]G. H. Lang's
    book The Last Assize.

Read chapter 10 first perhaps, called "Death and Afterwards." But you have to read the entire chapter.

I had to refresh my memory. And it is as good as I recall on some matters which I have not yet a firm opinion. But his arguments are excellent on some nuances of God's judgment as he sees them in Scripture.[/b]
    Why would I read this, what is it about? Has it got anything to do with the question I asked you which you didn't answer. Sorry, you are just not being coherent here.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 04:206 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why would I read this, what is it about? Has it got anything to do with the question I asked you which you didn't answer. Sorry, you are just not being coherent here.
    Your question:

Sonship, I noticed you mentioned my POV about hell earlier. It occurred to me that you may have been seeking God on that matter, is that correct? If so, is this 2nd gospel teaching an outcome of that inquiry and are you sort of suggesting that people get a second chance?

Straight forward question btw.

I recommended a book with a chapter discussing things like ignorance, beliefs in second chances, etc. The chapter does not discuss Matthew 25:31-46 or Revelation 14:6,7 per se.

But it does discuss accountability, knowledge, judgment according to what one has known, decisions after death, surprises in outcomes of the last judgment.

The last sentence of that chapter reads.

No "second chance" is offered to anyone, but only a first opportunity for those who did not hear the gospel in the present life.

That is just one sentence of a seven page chapter which has many thoughtful points in it, I think, well argued.

If you ask my opinion about the whole chapter ?
    I am still thinking on some of G.H. Lang's points. But they are well presented.

If you don't want the book, that's fine.
    If this is still incoherent then I have nothing more to add tonight.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 04:35
    Your question:

Sonship, I noticed you mentioned my POV about hell earlier. It occurred to me that you may have been seeking God on that matter, is that correct? If so, is this 2nd gospel teaching an outcome of that inquiry and are you sort of suggesting that people get a second chance?

I recommended ...[text shortened]... t the book, that's fine.
    If this is still incoherent then I have nothing more to add tonight.
    Next time you ask me a question about what I believe or meant in a post, I shall recommend you read a book. See how it goes down with you 😉
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 04:371 edit
    Next time you ask me a question about what I believe or meant in a post, I shall recommend you read a book. See how it goes down with you 😉
    erased (means erased)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 04:42
    It occurred to me that you may have been seeking God on that matter, is that correct? If so, is this 2nd gospel teaching an outcome of that inquiry and are you sort of suggesting that people get a second chance?

I am often exercised about difficult themes in the Bible.

The gospel preached by the angel is the provision of God in an extremely difficult particular world situation.

Since it has not happened yet, complete knowledge we do not have.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 04:43
    erased (means erased)
    If you think my retort was unfair please say so. If you think I was being unkind, please say so. If you think I deserved to burn in hell for eternity please say so. But please, do stop this silly passive agressive "erased" comment behaviour.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 04:48
    It occurred to me that you may have been seeking God on that matter, is that correct? If so, is this 2nd gospel teaching an outcome of that inquiry and are you sort of suggesting that people get a second chance?

I am often exercised about difficult themes in the Bible.

The gospel preached by the a ...[text shortened]... icular world situation.

Since it has not happened yet, complete knowledge we do not have.
    You will acknowlwdge this uncertainty about these themes, and yet you are adamant that Jesus will burn unbelievers in hell for eternity; to the extent where you will argue the point to death over countless threads and hundreds of posts.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 12:518 edits
    You will acknowlwdge this uncertainty about these themes, and yet you are adamant that Jesus will burn unbelievers in hell for eternity; to the extent where you will argue the point to death over countless threads and hundreds of posts.
    So what is wrong with that ?

From the beginning of you and I arguing about the lake of fire I have said that there are some unknowns. I have always said that there are some unknowns. Oh, you don't remember?

Do you recall way back what I said concerning Revelation 20:15 ? Way back I said that what that last significant passage said was the those whose names were not written in the book of life were cast into the lake of fire. And I added that I do NOT [edited] know all the ways a name could be written in the book of life.

As I recall you waxed machismo and boasted something like "You want a piece of ME boy ... ?! Here, take this about the New Testament !!" Or something to that effect. LOL.

At any rate ... no, I will not argue about this "to the point of death" unless you are asking me to deny the Son of God. I will argue some. And I will admit that there are some unknowns (IMO) and some interesting caveats.

You are so busy seeing red with rage that sometimes things like this just go right over your head.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 13:321 edit
    So what is wrong with that ?
    Your inability to see the problem is the reason you will never find the solution.

I've never said any of the things you attribute to me in this last post of yours.

The is no "rage", just repeated astonishment and mild disappointment.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 14:17
    I've never said any of the things you attribute to me in this last post of yours.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's forget then for "He said - he didn't say" for the moment. Maybe I have you mixed up with another poster. (But I don't think so).

More importantly.

Your inability to see the problem is the reason you will never find the solution.

As with all problems. the solution is Jesus Christ Himself.
    Him I have. And with Paul I want to "gain Christ" even though I have Him and He me.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '15 15:13
    [b] I've never said any of the things you attribute to me in this last post of yours.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's forget then for "He said - he didn't say" for the moment. Maybe I have you mixed up with another poster. (But I don't think so).

More importantly.

[quote] Your inabi ...[text shortened]... .
    Him I have. And with Paul I want to "gain Christ" even though I have Him and He me.[/b]
    Ah good one; I didn't see the old JC card coming. Excellent play.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree