Eternal Gospel vs the Gospel of Grace

Eternal Gospel vs the Gospel of Grace

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by checkbaiter
[b]Who believes that there will be born again Christians on the earth as kings and priests reigning over OTHER born again Christians on the earth who are formed into nations ?

I do. This is what rewards are all about. We will have differing positions depending on what we do now in this life. Positions will vary from grave diggers to rulers in the Kingdom.[/b]
Do you agree with sonship's claim that there are two different gospels?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Oct 15

[b]Who believes that there will be born again Christians on the earth as kings and priests reigning over OTHER born again Christians on the earth who are formed into nations ?

I do. This is what rewards are all about. We will have differing positions depending on what we do now in this life. Positions will vary from grave diggers to rulers in the Kingdom.[/b]
You can believe what you like. It is up to Christ to decide who will be kings and priests to reign over the nations.

If Christ selects you Chekbaiter then it is because Christ considers you worthy of being kings and priests with him and according to Him itis your reward because of your good works like the sheep did in Matt 25.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Do you agree with sonship's claim that there are two different gospels?
This gospel he speaks of is after this Age of Grace and after the rapture... I was aware of the angel proclaiming scripture but never paid much attention to it.. It is interesting nonetheless...

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Oct 15

This gospel he speaks of is after this Age of Grace and after the rapture... I was aware of the angel proclaiming scripture but never paid much attention to it.. It is interesting nonetheless...
Is that a yes, there are two gospels? Or a no, there is only one gospel?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Is that a yes, there are two gospels? Or a no, there is only one gospel?
Yes but for a different age. Gospel is good news, so people getting a chance to be saved would be good news, wouldn't you say?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Oct 15
4 edits

I asked:

Who believes that there will be born again Christians on the earth as kings and priests reigning over OTHER born again Christians on the earth who are formed into nations ?

To which checkbaiter replies boldly:

I do. This is what rewards are all about. We will have differing positions depending on what we do now in this life. Positions will vary from grave diggers to rulers in the Kingdom.

In your understanding then for some to receive a reward means a reward to co-reign or a reward to be reigned OVER. Am I right ?

If then some Christians receive a reward to co-reign with Christ and some Christians receive a reward to be, let us say, grave diggers reigned over, WHO then are those Christians who do not receive a reward but "suffer loss" ?

" If anyone's work which he has built upon the foundation remains, he will receive a reward.

If anyone's work is consumed, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire." ( 1 Cor. 3:14,15)

For your interpretation to work I think you have to hold:

1.) ALL the servants of Christ receive a reward in the millennium.

2.) NO servant of Christ will "suffer loss". He just receives a lesser reward.

I submit that this may be ideal but is not realistic.
I submit that this OUGHT to be but probably is not what WILL be.

Are you saying that Paul warned that some servants of Christ would suffer loss, not obtaining a reward, but in reality NO servant will lose his or her reward (of some kind) ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Oct 15

Originally posted by sonship
I asked:

Who believes that there will be born again Christians on the earth as kings and priests reigning over OTHER born again Christians on the earth who are formed into nations ?

To which checkbaiter replies boldly:

[quote] I do. This is what rewards are all about. We will have differing positions depending on what we do now in ...[text shortened]... btaining a reward, but in reality NO servant will lose his or her reward (of some kind) ?
Writing in a forum is difficult for me at times. The gravediggers will probably be those who suffer loss.
They will however, be happy to be there.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Oct 15
4 edits

Writing in a forum is difficult for me at times. The gravediggers will probably be those who suffer loss.

Have you noticed that the Apostle Paul said that at the judgment seat of Christ we Christians can receive good or bad ?

" For we must all be manifested before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done through the body according to what he has practiced, whether good or bad. " ( 2 Cor. 5:10)

I take this to mean that the Lord's saved servant may receive a reward which would be good or suffer loss which could be bad.

Have you noticed that in the parable of the returning master giving rewards to his servants, one in fact is NOT happy ?

" But if that evil slave says in his heart, My master delays, And begins to beat his fellow slaves and eat and drink with the drunken,

The master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour which he does not know,

And will cut him asunder and appoint his portion with the hypocrites. In that place there will be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth." (Matt. 25:48-51)

The ill-prepared and presumptuous servant of Christ will not be happy if he is so dealt with by his returning Master.

He receives things done in his body, in this case, which will be bad (2 Cor. 5:10).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Oct 15

Have you noticed that the Apostle Paul said that at the judgment seat of Christ we Christians can receive good or bad ?

[quote] [b] " For we must all be manifested before the judgment ...[text shortened]... .

He receives things done in his body, in this case, which will be bad [b](2 Cor. 5:10)
.[/b]
In 2Corinth. 5:10, you make the word "bad" sound as it is used in modern English.
It is more closely aligned with "loss".
In my opinion, I think it means loss, not punished or unhappy. I believe every believer will be blessed and thankful to partake in the Kingdom, regardless of position or reward.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Oct 15
1 edit

In 2Corinth. 5:10, you make the word "bad" sound as it is used in modern English.
In my opinion, I think it means loss, not punished or unhappy. I believe every believer will be blessed and thankful to partake in the Kingdom, regardless of position or reward.

So you think the servant in the warning parable of Matt.24:51 is weeping and gnashing his teeth in happiness ?

I think he is unhappy at the loss he suffers there.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Oct 15
3 edits

Checkbaiter,

In this passage:

" If anyone's work is consumed, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire." ( See 1 Cor. 3:14,15)

So you think to "suffer loss" means to have loss but not "suffer" ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Oct 15

Checkbaiter,

In this passage:

[b] " If anyone's work is consumed, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire." ( See 1 Cor. 3:14,15)

So you think to "suffer loss" means to have loss but not "suffer" ?[/b]
Suffer? As in what? Hell?, Some type of Purgatory? I don't think you are suggesting anything like that, are you?
I think the loss of reward is suffering in itself.
Just to think, I could have been doing this or that, if only I had been faithful, or more bold, etc.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Oct 15
1 edit

So you think the servant in the warnin ...[text shortened]... g and gnashing his teeth in happiness ?

I think he is unhappy at the loss he suffers there.
You people are a couple of jokers to believe such nonsense.

Gnashing of teeth is unhappy or just loss?

Gnashing of teeth is DAMNATION .. BEING CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE :.. YOU FOOLS !!!

And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Mat 24:51)

CUT HIM ASUNDER !!
Appoint him his portion with the hypocrites !!

There is no eternal for those people.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Oct 15
4 edits

Suffer? As in what? Hell?,

The "suffer loss" of First Corinthians 3:15 cannot be eternal punishment because it clearly says "but he himself will be saved".

Some type of Purgatory? I don't think you are suggesting anything like that, are you?

Purgatory as taught by Roman Catholicism is strictly BEFORE the second coming of Christ. People paid money to free their loved ones from Purgatory during the church age.

The examination that Paul speaks of in 1 Cor. 3:15,16 is AFTER His second coming and therefore after the church age.

The suffering of loss therefore is not the same as Roman Catholic Purgatory. But it will be a suffering.

I think the loss of reward is suffering in itself.
Just to think, I could have been doing this or that, if only I had been faithful, or more bold, etc.

Given all the data, I would say that to suffer loss there is wide open. The scope of what it means to "suffer loss" probably contains latitude enough to be varied.

It is general. However, when we examine other teachings of Christ dealing with His servants after His return the range consist of whatever this wise Righteous Judge deems necessary as the case may be.

I think that is how we should take it.
Whatever the suffering is it will not exceed 1,000 years.

Verses 14,15 prove though that the SAVED can be divided into two groups:

1.) Saved and rewarded.

2.) Saved but suffer (loss).

How much suffering is to suffer ?
Some of us will find out.
But some of us will be rewarded instead.

Soon we should return to, Who then are those being reigned over by the Lord's rewarded servants in the millennium ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Oct 15
1 edit

So I think someone has suggested that the judgment of Matthew 25:31-46 is the same as the judgment seat of Christ.

No, this judgment of the sheep and the goat people from the Gentile nations living when Jesus returns is not the same as the judgment seat of Christ.

Why can it not be that judgment seat of Christ in which Christ determines reward or loss to His servants ?

The answer, which I will probably demonstrate tomorrow, is the that judgment seat of Christ is:

1.) Before the wedding feast in the air.
2.) Before the battle of Armageddon on the earth.
3.) And therefore before the judgment of the surviving nations after the above events.

Prepare to examine this with me by reading carefully Revelation 17 and 19.