Eternal Gospel vs the Gospel of Grace

Eternal Gospel vs the Gospel of Grace

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
26 Sep 15

I guess I'm not going to get it, huh. Thought as much.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Sep 15

Originally posted by divegeester
But I would like to know your starting position here on how many gospels you think there are and if more than one, then, succinctly why please. Before posting the plethora of evidence as I lose the will to follow you down these scriptural rabbit holes!

The idea to start this thread "ie "starting point" I suppose, was to dedicate some time to explaining Matthew 25:31-46.

It is a much used passage. But most of what I have heard of it over the years has been application. IE. Better be good to the needy because they represent Jesus Christ.

I wanted to speak more of the interpretation of the prophecy rather than what I would call the application of it.

Moves
26 Sep 15

Originally posted by sonship
But I would like to know your starting position here on how many gospels you think there are and if more than one, then, succinctly why please. Before posting the plethora of evidence as I lose the will to follow you down these scriptural rabbit holes!

The idea to start this thread "ie "starting point" I suppose, was to dedicate some t ...[text shortened]... more of the interpretation of the prophecy rather than what I would call the application of it.
So, to bring it back to Kelly's question (again)... Are you saying you believe there are two gospels...yes or no?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Sep 15

Originally posted by divegeester
So, to bring it back to Kelly's question (again)... Are you saying you believe there are two gospels...yes or no?
I don't know why you are repeating the question.

Yes, is the answer, with the explanation I provided twice.

Is it because you yourself are up to something that you project and are suspicious that I am ?

Moves
26 Sep 15
1 edit

I don't know why you are repeating the question.

Yes, is the answer, with the explanation I provided twice.

Is it because you yourself are up to something that you project and are suspicious that I am ?
This is the first time you have said "yes" so don't pretend to be all oppressed.

This is the first I've heard of there being 2 gospels. Doesn't the NT tell us to be wary of "another gospel"? Obviously there is only one gospel or why would we be warned about there being "another"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Sep 15
9 edits

This is the first I've heard of there being 2 gospels. Doesn't the NT tell us to be wary of "another gospel"? Obviously there is only one gospel or why would we be warned about there being "another"?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "eternal gospel" is preached at the time of the last three and a half years of this age, in the great tribulation. You should pay more attention to the wording of the paragraph which I now include for the third time.

The important words I want to emphasize are in bold.

"The eternal gospel, which will be preached during the time of the great tribulation (Matt. 24:21) differs from the gospel of grace (Acts 20:24) preached in the church age. The basic contents of the gospel of grace are repentance unto God and faith in the Lord Jesus (Acts 20:21) that men may be forgiven of their sins and be born again as the children of God (Luke 24:47; John 1:12); whereas the basic content of the eternal gospel is that men should fear God and worship God that they may not be deceived and follow Antichrist but may be brought back to the genuine worship of God, who made heaven and earth (v.7). Only man is privileged to preach the gospel of grace on the earth today (Acts 10:3-6). But the eternal gospel will be preached by the angel in the air at the close of this age."

Did you see that ?

"The eternal gospel, which will be preached during the time of the great tribulation (Matt. 24:21) differs from the gospel of grace (Acts 20:24) preached in the church age.

When Paul wrote :

"I marvel that you are so quickly removing from Him who has called you in the grace of Christ to a different gospel.

Which is not another gospel, only there are some who trouble you and desire to pervert the gospel of Christ."

Paul writes of a time during the church age when some perverted the gospel of Christ. The angel preaching "an eternal gospel" during the transition time of the great tribulation is not perverting the Gospel or preaching "another Jesus" (2 Cor. 11:4).

The contents of what the angel supernaturally announces from the air is clearly laid out not by me but by the Bible itself:

" And I saw another angel flying in mid-heaven, having an eternal gospel to announce to those dwelling on the earth, even to every nation and tribe and tongue and people ."

The CONTENTS of this "eternal gospel" :

"Saying with a loud voice, Fear God and give Him glory because the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who has made heaven and earth and the sea and the springs of waters."

Could you locate for me within that description anything about the cross or resurrection of Jesus ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Sep 15
5 edits

divegeester,

Now I sympathize with anyone puzzled that "an eternal gospel" preached by an angel is something they never heard of before. And I sympathize with anyone's caution in interpreting this message as different from the gospel preached all through the book of Acts by men.

While I symphathize, I do hold that after the pre-tribulation rapture when the church in its entirety SHOULD have been taken. the message during the great tribulation differs.

Not all of the church will be raptured because the promise of rapture is to those who watch and are ready. Those not watching and not ready will be left. So some of the church is left to pass through the time of the great tribulation.

And the "eternal gospel" will be supernaturally announced to neutralize the incredible pressure and threat of Antichrist's demand that he be worshiped as God.

This is seen in the same chapter in verses 9 through 12.

If you don't believe that the sheep and the goats respond as they do at the preaching of "an eternal gospel" than you have to believe the Gospel of grace is NOT the gospel during the church age. Rather justification is by doing kind deeds alone.

" For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave Me a drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in, Naked and you clothed Me; I was in prison and you came to Me."

If you don't think these actions are a response to "an eternal gospel" announced to earth during the great tribulation, then you have to believe every Atheist or even Christ opposer who visits someone in prison or invites someone to a meal or cloths someone, etc. is saved all during the church age.

That would be another gospel that you are maintaining which differs from what Paul teaches in Galatians and Second Corinthians.

You would have to turn your criticism around to point to yourself.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Sep 15
2 edits

divegeester,

Now I sympathize with anyone puzzled ...
I think what will puzzle people is that your brain is like a sponge for the nonsense preached by this man called Watchman Nee. What people call a good $$hittdetector is missing from your brain.

There is ONE GOSPEL and it is called THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST. This is the gospel preached by Jesus himself and all the Apostles... it is the GOOD NEWS of the arrival of Jesus Christ to save mankind, and the good news of the Kingdom of God to come.

For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. (Rom 15:18-19)

Paul preached the Gospel of Christ .. nothing else.

The Gospel of Christ includes:
- what people need to believe and do to get eternal life.
- the importance of repentance and forgiveness
- the work of Christ death on the cross for the sins of the world
- the lifestyle that is REQUIRED of all those who attain to eternal life.
- also that men must fear God and worship God and not be deceived by the AntiChrist.

Moves
27 Sep 15
1 edit

divegeester,

Now I sympathize with anyone puzzled that [b]"an eternal gospel"
preached by an angel is something they never heard of before. And I sympathize with anyone's caution in interpreting this message as different from the gospel preached all through the book of Acts by men.

While I symphathize, I do hold that after the pre-tribulation ra ...[text shortened]... ] Second Corinthians. [/b]

You would have to turn your criticism around to point to yourself.[/b]
I have no idea what you are talking about; of what relevance is this to me or the common Christian. What succinctly are you saying, if anything, that has a practical application in drawing people to Christ or the believer drawing themself closer to Christ?

You know what, I don't think I've ever met another Christian who applies themself to the bible the way you do and yet persistently comes up with error. There is ONE gospel, the good news of Jesus Christ, anything else you, or your mentor, think you have found is fools gold.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Sep 15
1 edit

The subject matter being discussed in this thread is difficult for many evangelical Christians to either understand or agree with. But I think a few Berean minded saints may at least see the ground for such explanations.

Here are a number of verses on the time of the restoration during the millennial kingdom:

(Psa. 2:6, 8-9; Isa. 2:2-5; 11:1-10; 65:20-25; 30:26; Zech. 8:20-23; Psa. 72:1-17; Isa. 4:2-6; 9:7; 12:1-5; 16:5; 32:1-2; 40:9-11; 61:4-9; Zech. 14:16-21).

And here is a paragraph concerning the restored nations (other than the sons of God) who are transferred from the current age into that millennial kingdom age.

After the war at Armageddon, the Lord will establish His throne of glory in Jerusalem and gather before Him all the nations still on earth. He will then execute His judgment upon them. As we have pointed out, this will be Christ’s judgment of the living carried out according to the eternal gospel preached by an angel in mid-heaven (14:6). The “goats” will go to the fire prepared for the Devil and his angels, and the “sheep” will enter into the millennial kingdom as citizens (Matt. 25:34). Although these “sheep” will be restored, they will not be regenerated. They will still have a rebellious nature within them, and thus they will need a further test a thousand years later. Because the Lord will use Satan to test them, He will not cast Satan into the lake of fire at the beginning of the millennium. Rather, Satan will be kept in the abyss for a thousand years. When the thousand years are over, the Lord will release Satan from the abyss and use him to test the citizens who have been on earth during the millennium. In the next message we shall see that Gog and Magog, the Russians, will not pass the test. Under Satan’s instigation, they will once more rebel against God. In this we can see that Satan is still useful in God’s hands to purge mankind.

[From The Life Study of Revelation , by Witness Lee, msg. 56, pg. 646. Living Stream Ministry]

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Sep 15

I have no problem at all admitting that the Apostle Paul gave himself fully to preach the Gospel of the grace of God, which was also his preaching of the kingdom of God.

He did and we Christians also should.
But we also can teach about prophesy and the events of the great tribulation and afterwards.

And Rev. 14:6,7 help us to understand who are the "sheep" who become the citizens of the earth during the millennial reign of Christ and His co-kings.

We will examine some prophecies to confirm that the sons of God must have some peoples over whom they reign. And the remnant of Israel must have some nations to which they will be priests.

Moves
27 Sep 15

I still don't get what I as Christian should do or even think differently after reading your posts.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Sep 15
3 edits

Psa. 2:6, 8-9;

"But I have installed My King upon Zion, My holy mountain. ... Ask of Me, And I will give the nations as Your inheritance and the limits of the earth as Your possession.

You will break them with an iron rod; You will shatter them like a potter's vessel."

The nations given to Christ as an inheritance are OTHER than the members of His Body the church. They are the sheep of Matthew 25:31-46.

Both Christ will shepherd these sheep with an iron rod, meaning strong governmental strength, and His overcoming co-kings, thus rewarded for not being defeated Christians, will do the same.

"And he who overcomes and he who keeps My works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations;

And he will shepherd them with an iron rod, as vessels of pottery are broken in pieces, as I also have received from My Father." (Rev. 2:26,27)

Do you believe that the Christians will rule over each other with an iron rod of power ? Or do you believe that there will be some nations, given to Christ as an inheritance on earth, over whom Christ and His co-kings will rule ?

Isa. 2:2-5;

"But in the last days the mountain of the house of Jehovah will be established ... And it will be lifted up among the hills ... And all the nations will stream to it, ....

And many peoples will come and say, Come let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob. That He may instruct us in His ways, And that we may walk in His paths.

For from Zion will go forth instruction. And the word of Jehovah from Jerusalem;

And He will judge between nations, And will decide matters for many peoples.

And they will beat their swords into plowshares, And their spears into pruning knives; Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore."

Do you think Christians will take spears and swords with them into heaven to be re-forged into agricultural instruments and fishing tools?

This prophecy concerns things happening on the earth. The peoples and nations Christ will decide between are the "sheep" who are transferred from the great tribulation time to the millennial kingdom age.

Jerusalem will be the capital of the world.

Moves
27 Sep 15

[b]Psa. 2:6, 8-9;

"But I have installed My King upon Zion, My holy mountain. ... Ask of Me, And I will give the nations as Your inheritance and the limits of the earth as Your possession.

You will break them with an iron rod; You will shatter them like a potter's vessel."

The nations given to Christ as an inheritanc ...[text shortened]... tribulation time to the millennial kingdom age.

Jerusalem will be the capital of the world.[/b]
Can you tell me how I should think or behave differently after reading your posts about this, or how this stuff helps me draw closer to Christ or bring others closer to Christ? In other words what is your point here?

Moves
27 Sep 15
2 edits

[b]Psa. 2:6, 8-9;

The nations given to Christ as an inheritanc ...[text shortened]... tribulation time to the millennial kingdom age.

Jerusalem will be the capital of the world.[/b]
Do you think Christians will take spears and swords with them into heaven to be re-forged into agricultural instruments and fishing tools?

I think the Bible is a rich tapestry of words, language, concepts, direction, challenge, parallels, symbolism, metaphors, similes and stories which together form God's message to mankind but individually describe a historical journey of a people struggling to come to terms with their flawed mortal condition. Confusing the different elements of this tapestry, I.e. Thinking metaphores or symbolisms are literal descriptions, is a recipe for ending up in gross error.