1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 08:021 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    This is a truly pathetic argument.
    You didn't directly answer whether God in His incarnation there in John 4, needed a drink.

Have you figured out a way to insert torture forever or space aliens into the discussion?
    I'm timing you.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 08:094 edits
    Originally posted by @sonship
    You didn't directly answer whether God in His incarnation there in John 4, needed a drink.

Have you figured out a way to insert torture forever or space aliens into the discussion?
    I'm timing you.
    I honestly don't think I've ever met a seasoned Christian who is obviously as well read as you are but who make so many fundamental errors in doctrine and Christian thinking.

You put out there a fundamental strategic error that god "needs us" and then spend all this effort in the tactical weeds arguing about why Jesus asked for a drink. As if that moment, that incident somehow validates your error. God does not need us, we need him. Period.

And I'll point out that it is YOU who keeps bring "space aliens" into our exchanges not me. I think you do this in an affort to make your ridiculous cultish claims about people on other worlds appear trite and non-representative of you, the teacher. You really ought to not do this. YOU made those crazy erroneous claims about people in other worlds and YOU have not backed down from them.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 08:102 edits
    Maybe the gentlemanly thing to do is for me to start another thread from your [b]Eternal One.

The eternality of God is truly, truly awesome.[/b]
    The high and exalted Eternal One inhabits eternity. Yet He also looks to dwell in His people.

" For thus says the high and exalted One, Who inhabits eternity, whose name is holy:

I will dwell in the high and holy place, And with the contrite and lowly of spirit,

To revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite." (Isaiah 57:15)

This is so similar to God saying that aside from all creation which He made, He will look for His house within a certain kind of man - or a certain kind of people. See (Isaiah 66:1,2).
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 08:192 edits
    I honestly don't think I've ever met a seasoned Christian who is obviously as well read as you are bit who make so many fundamental errors in doctrine and Christian thinking.

You put out there a fundamental strategic error that god "needs us" and then spend all this effort in the tactical weeds arguing about why Jesus asked for a drink. As if that m ...[text shortened]... er. You really ought to not do this. You made those claims and you've not backed down from them.
    I honestly don't think I've ever met a seasoned Christian who is obviously as well read as you are bit who make so many fundamental errors in doctrine and Christian thinking.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little less fanfare and just tell me what I asked about.
    Was Jesus thirsty at the well God in Christ in need for something from the Samaritan woman?

If no, why no ?

You put out there a fundamental strategic error that god "needs us" and then spend all this effort in the tactical weeds arguing about why Jesus asked for a drink. As if that moment, that incident somehow validates your error. God do not need us we need him. Period.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was not the only point I made.
    You said nothing about Daniel praying at the risk of his very life because he felt that God had the need to be petitioned.

How come Daniel didn't save himself so much threatening risk under the rationale that God didn't NEED his petitions and prayers ?

Then there was the point of John 15 the true vine and the abiding branches.
    The Father - the husbandman seems to need the fruitful branches enough to prune them that they bear more fruit.

Then again I saw no comment from you on the loving father longing for his prodigal son to return. In his great love he yearned for the prodigal and watched for him to come home in Luke 15.

You don't touch the need of the father representing God there ?
    I do.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 08:24
    [b] I honestly don't think I've ever met a seasoned Christian who is obviously as well read as you are bit who make so many fundamental errors in doctrine and Christian thinking.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little less fanfare and just tell me what I asked about.
    Was Jesus t ...[text shortened]... in Luke 15.

You don't touch the need of the father representing God there ?
    I do.[/b]
    So Jesus asked the women to draw him a drink, so what? Who cares? It's irrelevant. If you think that that incident validates your claim that "God needs us" then good for you. I think it's an irrelevancy.

Your rhetoric about prodigal sons and branches is more conflation of ideas by you. You are conflating Gods love with your overarching claim that God needs us. If this is what you are driving at then I agree with you. Hardly a revelation though is it?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 08:25
    Sonship you get more like Grampy Bobby in your posting every day.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 08:26
    Sonship you get more like Grampy Bobby in your posting every day.
    Would you feel honored if you sound more and more like FMF?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 08:27
    Jesus became a man, He lived His whole life as a man, There were no times He would flip a switch to become God for a moment then revet back to His human nature.

The Word was with God [b](John 1:1)

God was the Word. (John 1:1)
    The Word became flesh and tabernacled among us (John 1:14).

During the conversation with t ...[text shortened]... ve that the Word was no longer God for that time in John 4 by the Jacob's well in Sychar.[/b]
    He was God, never stopped being God, but He lived His life completely as a man.
    He did everything as a man while He walked among us.
    If He didn't than He could not have been tempted like us.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 08:29

You will notice He said we would do greater works than He was doing, and those filled with God's Spirit did, and do.

Here I think the "greater works" are works "great" in the eyes of the Triune God.
    We have to think about what would be "great" to the estimation of Christ and God.

The building of His church is part of the greater wo ...[text shortened]... building in which God needs man's cooperation.

But back to the Word Who was God having need.
    The healings, the raising from the dead, and so on.
    These were works that were also done with people God used.
    They will filled with the Holy Spirit that Jesus spoke about Who was to come after Jesus died.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 08:30
    I began my reply to one poster with saying that the bible is not always that simple. This is true.

So you have to consider when you assert one side of the whole revelation of God to the supression of another side.

On one hand I agree - God is eternally self sufficient, self-existing and in need of nothing from us His creation. But there is another side. God went through a process in which He placed Himself in a position of needing His people.

Many examples of this are in the Bible.
    I say again, many things God could do unilaterally and without any cooperation from man. He wants to do them. But He will wait until He has an echo, a corresponding assent of His creature man to do them.

It is not too much to say that God is in need of this.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 08:34
    I began my reply to one poster with saying that the bible is not always that simple. This is true.

So you have to consider when you assert one side of the whole revelation of God to the supression of another side.

On one hand I agree - God is eternally self sufficient, self-existing and in need of nothing from us His creation. But there is another ...[text shortened]... sent of His creature man to do them.

It is not too much to say that God is in need of this.
    I think you should stop regurgitating other people's erroneous ideas and seek God's ministry for you independently. There is so much error out there and good people lap it up.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 08:351 edit
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    The healings, the raising from the dead, and so on.
    These were works that were also done with people God used.
    They will filled with the Holy Spirit that Jesus spoke about Who was to come after Jesus died.
    I think that I have seen something further here.

But at the moment you could think about it and tell me how you feel.

God in Christ needed a drink in John chapter 4.
    God in Christ needed someone to assist Him to carry the cross too. (Luke 23:26)

That was in absolutely no way - God as the Word become flesh and tabernacleing among us, having a need ?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 08:392 edits
    I think that I have seen something further here.

But at the moment you could think about it and tell me how you feel.

God [b]in Christ
    needed a drink in John chapter 4.
    God in Christ needed someone to assist Him to carry the cross too. (Luke 23:26)

That was in absolutely no way - God as the Word become flesh and tabernacleing among us, having a need ?[/b]
    No. Jesus was a human being as well as spiritually divine. He was physically weak, sorrowful, mournful, open to temptation etc. His "need" for someone to carry his cross cannot be extrapolated into a deeper meaning than physical weakness through sheer physical exhaustion. Don't overthink it.

God needed to reveal himself in Christ. He does not need us for this.
    He loves us, yes.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 08:424 edits
    I think you should stop regurgitating other people's erroneous ideas and seek God's ministry for you independently. There is so much error out there and good people lap it up.
    See Good Christians to follow.

The last epistle of Jude says in essence "Let's keep following".

"Beloved, while using all diligence to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you and exhort you to earnestly contend for the faith once for all delivered to the saints." (Jude 3)

That's following and even "regurgitating" - your derisive expression.
    Besides I am doing plenty of my own analysis of your arguments.
    I just have a good key into getting to the fuller truth of the Scripture.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 08:44
    See [b]Good Christians to follow.

The last epistle of Jude says in essence "Let's keep following".

[quote] "Beloved, while using all diligence to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you and exhort you to earnestly contend for the faith once for all delivered to the saints." (Jude 3) [/b ...[text shortened]... is of your arguments.
    I just have a good key into getting to the fuller truth of the Scripture.
    It that says nothing about following. You're just making stuff up sonship.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree