1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 04:25
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Unless you can tell me exactly what it is that I have ignored your complaints are moot.
    Ah yes. You want me to repeat myself. Time and time again. First as Fetchmyjunk. And now as dj2becker. It's your gimmick. I do not intend to play along. If you move the conversation forward, I am willing to engage.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 04:29
    Ok lets see how your version works. A God that is smart enough to create complex life and spiritual beings with a longing for the supernatural did that just to have us make up false gods and worship them while he looks down and laughs at us. Nothing wrong with that?
    Like I said, I don't see what's wrong with the notion of a god or gods that do not interfere directly with mankind or the world. I don't know where you got the looking down and laughing at us idea from. Are you trying to attribute that to me?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 04:30
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Ah yes. You want me to repeat myself. Time and time again. First as Fetchmyjunk. And now as dj2becker. It's your gimmick. I do not intend to play along. If you move the conversation forward, I am willing to engage.
    And your gimmick is saying you have already answered a question when you find it too inconvenient to answer, and when pressed on when you supposedly answered this question you say that you are unable to repeat yourself.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 04:32
    And your gimmick is saying you have already answered a question when you find it too inconvenient to answer, and when pressed on when you supposedly answered this question you say that you are unable to repeat yourself.
    It's your prerogative to call it how you see it.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 04:35
    Like I said, I don't see what's wrong with the notion of a god or gods that do not interfere directly with mankind or the world. I don't know where you got the looking down and laughing at us idea from. Are you trying to attribute that to me?
    If you cannot see what is wrong with a God creating us with a longing to be spiritual beings and then just leaves us to wander around without ever reaching out to us I think you are being intellectually dishonest.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 04:37
    If you cannot see what is wrong with a God creating us with a longing to be spiritual beings and then just leaves us to wander around without ever reaching out to us I think you are being intellectually dishonest.
    OK, well you are free to characterize the difference between our perceptions in this way if you feel the need to.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 06:25
    I'll start a thread about it.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '18 00:16
    Unless you can tell me exactly what it is that I have ignored your complaints are moot.
    It's posts like this that define you as a forum dick.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Jan '18 18:061 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    It's posts like this that define you as a forum dick.
    And what do you think your post says about you?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 00:01
    There's a thread about this accusation of yours regarding intellectual dishonesty that I started to which you have yet to make a genuine contribution. I started it in part to give you the opportunity to explain the supposed "dishonesty".
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 12:022 edits
    There's a thread about this accusation of yours regarding intellectual dishonesty that I started to which you have yet to make a genuine contribution. I started it in part to give you the opportunity to explain the supposed "dishonesty".
    You seem to have either missed or dodged my post on the other thread. Here it is again:

Is there any evidence to support the assumption that God does not interfere directly with the affairs of humans? (I think we both know the answer is no.)

Many Christians have evidence of answered prayers. This counts as evidence at least to them that God does interfere in their lives. What evidence does a Deist have to support their assumption?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 12:072 edits
    You seem to have either missed or dodged my post on the other thread.
    I didn't dodge it. You asked me this: Many Christians have evidence of answered prayers. This counts as evidence at least to them. What evidence does a Deist have to support their assumption?

And my answer on the other thread was this: You should address this question to deists or maybe explore whatever web presence that deists or deist groups have. Perhaps their evidence is just as subjective and/or emotional and preaching-to-the-choir-ish as Christians [or Muslims for that matter] citing "evidence of answered prayers". Let us know what you find; it would fit nicely on this thread, seeing as there are no deists to 'fight' their corner. Thread 175618 page 2.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 12:091 edit
    Is there any evidence to support the assumption that God does not interfere directly with the affairs of humans?
    The key to what I believe - and what, it seems, deists believe, although you might want to look into deism under your own steam - is that for me there isn't any credible evidence to support the assumption that God does interfere directly with the affairs of humans. I have explained this to you many times; why are you asking me the same question again as if I haven't?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '18 22:391 edit
    And what do you think your post says about you?
    It says I’m irritable and opinionated with a propensity for using soft core insults to make a point about low grade intellectually dishonest posters like you.

Hardly the ‘son of Satan’.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 14:51
    The key to what I believe - and what, it seems, deists believe, although you might want to look into deism under your own steam - is that for me there isn't any credible evidence to support the assumption that God does interfere directly with the affairs of humans. I have explained this to you many times; why are you asking me the same question again as if I haven't?
    With your level of skepticism I don't think any amount of evidence will ever be credible enough for your liking. Maybe the problem is not with the evidence but with your perspective or lack of it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree