1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 13:54
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Personally i've always thought it rather bizarre that the supposed creator of the universe, someone who [hidden]allegedly[/hidden]transcends time and space and who is also [hidden]allegedly[/hidden]omnipotent and omniscient needs people to believe, whatever that may mean anyway, in Him®.

Sounds like the guy's got emotional problems.
    Do not for the sake of saving face and looking cool to your skeptical peers, perish in unbelief.

It's not worth it.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 13:57
    Personally i've always thought it rather bizarre that the supposed creator of the universe, someone who [hidden]allegedly[/hidden]transcends time and space and who is also [hidden]allegedly[/hidden]omnipotent and omniscient needs people to believe, whatever that may mean anyway, in Him®.

Sounds like the guy's got emotional problems.
    I always thought it was one of the things that stood out as a good thing. For me
    it seemed right because we act in faith on that which we believe, it becomes ours,
    while if we saw God that may not be the case. Much like those that drive the
    speed limit when no one is there, verse those that only do it when they see the
    police along the road.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 14:155 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I always thought it was one of the things that stood out as a good thing. For me
    it seemed right because we act in faith on that which we believe, it becomes ours,
    while if we saw God that may not be the case. Much like those that drive the
    speed limit when no one is there, verse those that only do it when they see the
    police along the road.
    Kelly
    Wow Reveal Hidden Content
    sarcastic \"wow\" that was

So between

a) having faith in some god particular, or not having faith (or faith in the wrong god) and being burnt forever and ever and ever and ever and ... and ever and... for it (independently of whether you act nice or not so nice) and
    b) Choosing between whether you be a nice person or not so nice person (independently of whether you have faith in God) with at least the good people not burning forever and ever and ever ever and ... and ever and...

You think (a) is better because if (b) you might only have belief if the evidence is staring you in the face!? 😕
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 15:04
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Do not for the sake of saving face and looking cool to your skeptical peers, perish in unbelief.

It's not worth it.
    Sorry, you've lost me here.

Looking cool? Saving face? My peers? No idea what you're talking about.

I was pointing out the absurdity in your supposed 'God of love', who will send people to perish in hell for the heinous crime of not believing.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 15:551 edit
    Sorry, you've lost me here.

Looking cool? Saving face? My peers? No idea what you're talking about.

I was pointing out the absurdity in your supposed 'God of love', who will send people to perish in hell for the heinous crime of not believing.
    =====================================
    =====================================

God is love is seen in God becoming a man under the curse for your sins. The same acts demonstrates that God is righteous.

There is no forgiveness without judgment upon the sins that we have done. So the cross of Christ shows God's love and God's righteous judgment against sin at the same time.

If you believe into Christ you will be saved. If you reject Christ and not believe in Christ you will suffer eternal damnation.

The power of your own deciding will holds this awesome choice in your hands.

But if you do believe in Christ you have passed from eternal judgment. God must forgive and forget your sins. And He does. He does not because He overlooks them. He does not because He losely and sentimentally decides to let you off the hook. He forgives and forgets because in Christ you were judged.

You should seriously contempate this truth that Christ came to substitute for you. Both God's mighty love and His mighty righteous judgment are manifest on the cross.

If you want to perish eternally and spend eternity crying out that God is not fair, you may do that.

So I would contemplate that His love desires you for Himself for all eternity. And before you sinned He made provision for your salvation. You just need to receive the gift. The Holy Spirit will bear witness in your heart that you have touched reality if you ask Jesus to come into your heart as Lord and Savior.

Sieze the time. You have no garuantee how much time you have to make this choice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree