1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 15:36
    Originally posted by souverein
    I meant compassion without labeling.
    I'm looking at the source, I'm not putting a label on anyone one part of the human
    condition! Half of the mean spirited conversations on this board are people who
    hold to one point of view letting another know all of faults that they see in them,
    yet the faults if not all are shared by every group of people, because they are
    people issues not matters of race or beliefs. Compassion is owing up to ones own
    faults getting the log out of our own eyes before we start blasting another on
    their specific faults. We need a savior, because of the things we do and say.
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 18:24
    Imagine that trees have a kind of self awareness (some people believe they have). Would they feel evil because they kill so many seedlings and concurrents? Would they look for a redemption?

Thanks for your invitations. Maybe in future. For now I stick to my own clan
    Dont kill your plants, just shave 'em. They'll love you all the more for it.

Thanx for response!
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Feb '11 16:501 edit
    Originally posted by buckky
    It appears to me the fast majority of people are decent good people. Evil people seem rare. At least I don't run across them that often. Usually if someone appears to be evil it might be that they are mentally ill.I don't care what religion you belong to, or if you have no religion most people are good not evil. Born bad is a wacky idea.
    Question for the Atheist.

Why do you complain of evil if it is about survival of the fittest?
  4. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    03 Feb '11 16:59
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Question for the Atheist.

Why do you complain of evil if it is about survival of the fittest?
    Where did you get the idea that atheists believe in the survival of the fittest?
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 00:14
    It appears to me the fast majority of people are decent good people. Evil people seem rare. At least I don't run across them that often. Usually if someone appears to be evil it might be that they are mentally ill.I don't care what religion you belong to, or if you have no religion most people are good not evil. Born bad is a wacky idea.
    I guess you haven't worked around preschool aged kids. They fight all the time at where my wife works. But I guess it depends on the neighbor hood you live in. Her work is in the getto area of Fresno.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 00:16
    Where did you get the idea that atheists believe in the survival of the fittest?
    isn't that what evolution is all about?
  7. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 00:18
    isn't that what evolution is all about?
    no
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 00:22
    no
    ok, that cool then but still then why do atheist complain about evil?
  9. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 01:05
    ok, that cool then but still then why do atheist complain about evil?
    Atheists complain a lot about religion, not about evil.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 01:11
    Atheists complain a lot about religion, not about evil.
    We don't tend to use the theist's definition of "evil" either :]
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Feb '11 14:16
    Evolution
    KJ
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 13:142 edits
    ===================================
    ====================================

You may be good. But you are not perfect. You cannot live without sin for one second of your life.

You are fully qualified to perish in the lake of fire. You do not need to sin anymore. You are already qualified to go to fall into the punishing hell. So you should obey the gospel of grace and believe in Christ.

Even if you decide to be good from this day foward you are still guilty and need the Savior Jesus. Do not think that you need to commit more sins in order to qualify to perish forever. You are qualified enough already.

And the punishing hell will be filled with moralists, philanthrapists, social reformers, the kind, the good, the religious but not redeemed.

And they will be there because they did not obey the Gospel of Christ - " ... the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with the angels of His power, in flaming fire, rendering vengence to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. They will pay the penalty of eternal destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His strength." (2 Thess. 7-9)

You only have to reject the gospel to perish for the sins you have already done.You need to do nothing more sinful. Just to not believe in the gospel will be your terrible undoing.

So confess your need to be saved to Jesus and receive Him so that your sins may be washed away in the blood of Jesus and the Holy Spirit may come into your heart.

Right now I am your best friend because I am telling you the truth.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 13:202 edits
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]===================================
    It appears to me the fast majority of people are decent good people. Evil people seem rare. At least I don't run across them that often. Usually if someone appears to be evil it might be that they are mentally ill.I don't care what religion you belong to, or if you have no religion most people are good not e ...[text shortened]... . me into your heart.

Right now I am your best friend because I am telling you the truth.[/b]
    In short,

Accept Gods love, or perish in hell!!!!

Personally i don't go for the Argumentum ad baculum, as the late Bill Hicks said -

Thanks for all those options!! Believe or die.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 13:23
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    In short,

Personally i don't go for the Argumentum ad baculum, as the late Bill Hicks said -

============================

In short,

===============================

Believe in Christ or perish forever. That is the decision you have to make.

I've humored some of you for years. Time is running out. I'm your friend because I am telling you the truth.

Jesus loves you. No one who comes to Him will He cast out. But you have to come to Him.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 13:38
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]============================

In short,

===============================

Believe in Christ or perish forever. That is the decision you have to make.

I've ...[text shortened]... .

Jesus loves you. No one who comes to Him will He cast out. But you have to come to Him.[/b]
    Personally i've always thought it rather bizarre that the supposed creator of the universe, someone who Reveal Hidden Content
    allegedly
    transcends time and space and who is also Reveal Hidden Content
    allegedly
    omnipotent and omniscient needs people to believe, whatever that may mean anyway, in Him®.

Sounds like the guy's got emotional problems.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree