Evolution question????

Evolution question????

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
They're not dinosaurs. They're both lizards. They might even be considered terrible lizards (although personally I find them both pretty cool and they both seem pretty good at being lizards too) but they're still not dinosaurs.
By the modern evolutionist's definiton of dinosaurs you are correct.
All those dinosaurs were most likely destroyed in the flood, at least
those that lived on land. Anyway, dinosaurs are believed by modern
evolutionists to be extinct, that is, they no longer exist. We only
have their bones as proof they once existed on the earth.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 Dec 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
By the modern evolutionist's definiton of dinosaurs you are correct.
All those dinosaurs were most likely destroyed in the flood, at least
those that lived on land. Anyway, dinosaurs are believed by modern
evolutionists to be extinct, that is, they no longer exist. We only
have their bones as proof they once existed on the earth.
How many people can you find who agree with you that a gila monster or a komodo dragon can correctly be classified as a dinosaur? Any at all?

What evidence (apart from scripture) do you have supporting a global flood within the last 10,000 years? What evidence do you have supporting the coexistence of human beings and dinosaurs?

Why do you suspend your critical faculties when dealing with scripture but automatically adopt a sceptical position regarding any data which disagrees with said scripture?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Dec 11

How many people can you find who agree with you that a gila monster or a komodo dragon can correctly be classified as a dinosaur? Any at all?

What evidence (apart from scripture) do you have supporting a global flood within the last 10,000 years? What evidence do you have supporting the coexistence of human beings and dinosaurs?

Why do you susp ...[text shortened]... automatically adopt a sceptical position regarding any data which disagrees with said scripture?
http://s8int.com/dino1.html

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 Dec 11

Lunatic fringe cryptozoology is not evidence.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Dec 11

Lunatic fringe cryptozoology is not evidence.
You didn't even read it, so how are you to know?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 Dec 11
1 edit

You didn't even read it, so how are you to know?
I am quite familiar with all of the cases pictured on the first page. They are rolled out by crackpots with monotonous regularity and all of them have been comprehensively refuted. I felt no need to delve further into what is clearly yet another lunatic fringe website.

You know, it would take much less effort from you to look at some reputable websites on the same subjects than it must take to uncover and sift through garbage sites like that one.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
23 Dec 11
1 edit

Behemoth is an elephant and his "tail" - which stiffens like a cedar tree and is associated with the animal's stones - points forwards.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Dec 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Behemoth is an elephant and his "tail" - which stiffens like a cedar tree and is associated with the animal's stones - points forwards.
An elephants tail is nothing like a stiff cedar tree.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Dec 11
1 edit

I have already posted the following to you:

The word dinosaur comes from the Greek, deinos, “fearful”, plus
sauros, “lizard”. I believe that word easily applies to a gila monster
since it has a fearsome reputation due to its venomous nature.

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/ReptilesAmphibians/Facts/FactSheets/Gilamonster.cfm

The Gila Monster i ...[text shortened]... nosaur) for one should be fearful of
being bitten by this reptile because his venom could kill.
Oh come on.

I live in Phoenix... you know, in the northern Sonoran desert.

Gila monsters are jokes. About the only thing you'll get from "a" gila monster bite is maybe tetanus from infection. The gila monster has grooves in it's teeth that the venom runs down into the wound it's making as it chews on you. The venom is not injected, like with a snake. If you're stupid enough to just sit/stand there and let the gila monster chew on you, then you deserve to get poisoned.

Plus it's not like the gila monster will "run" up to you, knock you down and poison you in one bite. They are pretty small (maybe the size of a real big burrito, or a skinny football at most) and slow. It's not like people run screaming from them. Not fearsome at all.

Edit: Okay, I see the article says "up to 22 inches". Good grief, that must be a record, I know I've never seen one nearly that big.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
23 Dec 11

An elephants tail is nothing like a stiff cedar tree.
His PENIS is tho

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Dec 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
His PENIS is tho
We are in mixed company here.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Dec 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
Oh come on.

I live in Phoenix... you know, in the northern Sonoran desert.

Gila monsters are jokes. About the only thing you'll get from "a" gila monster bite is maybe tetanus from infection. The gila monster has grooves in it's teeth that the venom runs down into the wound it's making as it chews on you. The venom is not injected, like with a snak ...[text shortened]... s". Good grief, that must be a record, I know I've never seen one nearly that big.
Why do you jump on me? I'm just trying to defend the Biblical view.
Why don't you try to help me instead of just being a critic against me?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
23 Dec 11

Why do you jump on me? I'm just trying to defend the Biblical view.
Why don't you try to help me instead of just being a critic against me?
she's probably on to the fact that you're a satirical christian. come on, tell us. what's your real religion, or are you an atheist?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 Dec 11

We are in mixed company here.
I'm not the one who put it in the Bible.

Moves
24 Dec 11

The discovery of DNA proves intelligent design due to the information code
contained in there. It proves that biological systems do not occur by
random chance, but by a computer like program that tells them how to
come together. The intelligence behind this is obviously the creator God
of the Holy Bible unless you can come up with another source for t ...[text shortened]... ld is evolution and you are too stupid to realize.
Sorry to have to bust your bubble like that.
Your ignorant reply illustrates how far you have fallen from grace. Seriously, you should get down on your knees and pray more often - serious prayer.
BTW - what is your background/education? Do you know anything about biology/chemistry/computer science?
I don't dispute that a creator - call him/she (some would say "IT"😉 God if you will is "the" first cause but it's not a simple as you believe. I also believe in a God - but it is nothing I can prove from a scientific point of view.