Evolution question????

Evolution question????

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Dec 11
4 edits

Originally posted by kbear1k
Your ignorant reply illustrates how far you have fallen from grace. Seriously, you should get down on your knees and pray more often - serious prayer.
BTW - what is your background/education? Do you know anything about biology/chemistry/computer science?
I don't dispute that a creator - call him/she (some would say "IT"😉 God if you will is "the" first cau . I also believe in a God - but it is nothing I can prove from a scientific point of view.
After two years in college studying to be an Electrical Engineer I had to
drop out due to lack of money. I then joined the U.S. Army during the
Vietnam War hoping to use the G.I. Bill to continue my Engineering
education. But after I returned to the states and just before I was to
be discharged I met my future wife, who became with child, so I enlisted
again in order to get the bonus money to start our marriage and to have
my first son. I later had 3 more sons and a daughter and retired after
20 years of Service. Then spent 1 year working for the VA Hospital and
23 years at the U.S. Postal Service before retiring for good, 2 years ago.
I never did get my Electrical Engineering Degree, but I don't need it now.

P.S. I don't know much about biology or chemistry but I know a lot about
electronics and computers for I worked at the Pentagon with the Joint chiefs
of Staff and the Defense Intelligence Agency for 7 years using the most
up-to-date computer systems available at that time. Communications was
my occupation in the Army.

Moves
24 Dec 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
After two years in college studying to be an Electrical Engineer I had to
drop out due to lack of money. I then joined the U.S. Army during the
Vietnam War hoping to use the G.I. Bill to continue my Engineering
education. But after I returned to the states and just before I was to
be discharged I met my future wife, who became with child, so I enlisted ...[text shortened]... -date computer systems available at that time. Communications was
my occupation in the Army.
Thank you for your service - in both the US Army anf the US Postal Service. BTW - most Republicans do not like the US Postal Servie and think it should be privatized. There is probably a lot of waste in the UPS as in any organization. However, compared to any postal service in the world there is no better. Also, it is not right to compare the US Postal Service to private enterprise because the UPS must deliver mail to all parts of the nation - even very remote parts - I don't think FedEx would ship a letter to Alaska for 44 cents. IMHO = The US Postal Service is great - check out how poor mail service is in other parts of the world.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Dec 11

Originally posted by kbear1k
Thank you for your service - in both the US Army anf the US Postal Service. BTW - most Republicans do not like the US Postal Servie and think it should be privatized. There is probably a lot of waste in the UPS as in any organization. However, compared to any postal service in the world there is no better. Also, it is not right to compare the US Postal Servi ...[text shortened]... he US Postal Service is great - check out how poor mail service is in other parts of the world.
Yeah, they drop mail off at the post office sometimes to complete the delivery.
Thanks, I was not appreciated during the Vietnam War because that was
not a popular war.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]I point out to you that simply having the majority of people believe a thing does not mean its true.

This is true, but i also have the evidence on my side. That gives it some extra 'oomph'. You have no evidence, apart from your interpretation of a story written a few thousand years ago.

that sets creation apart from science in that regard illions of years old. Quite remarkable,

Enjoy your Christmas. I'm off now for a tad.
[/b]I got news for you, advancement in science does not demand or require that
the universe be billions of years old or that all life started simply and through
time evolved into the many different forms we see today.

With all your "evidence" you are still no different than the theist who believes
in the distant past being the way they think....you both don't know! Your
more "oomph" is nothing but you thinking your facts are correct. Without
you knowing how it all began you still think you know the cause and reasons
for things being the way they are now.
Kelly

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
I got news for you, advancement in science does not demand or require that
the universe be billions of years old or that all life started simply and through

With all your "evidence" you are still no different than the theist who believes
in the distant past being the way they think....you bo u still think you know the cause and reasons
Kelly[/b]
And isn't it obvious that their thinking is flawed? They are too blind to see
what DNA in the cell is showing us about the Creator.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Dec 11

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
And clever in their own sight!
(Isaiah 5:21)

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and
unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because
that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it
evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible
attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen,
being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks,
but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was
darkened. PROFESSING TO BE WISE, THEY BECAME FOOLS, and exchanged the
glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man
and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so
that their bodies would be dishonored among them. For THEY EXCHANGED THE
TRUTH OF GOD FOR A LIE, and worshiped and served the creature rather than
the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
(Romans 1:18-24)

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
26 Dec 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
They're not dinosaurs. They're both lizards. They might even be considered terrible lizards (although personally I find them both pretty cool and they both seem pretty good at being lizards too) but they're still not dinosaurs.
Haha

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
26 Dec 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
Oh come on.

I live in Phoenix... you know, in the northern Sonoran desert.

Gila monsters are jokes. About the only thing you'll get from "a" gila monster bite is maybe tetanus from infection. The gila monster has grooves in it's teeth that the venom runs down into the wound it's making as it chews on you. The venom is not injected, like with a snak ...[text shortened]... s". Good grief, that must be a record, I know I've never seen one nearly that big.
AND the thing has to flip over on it's back because the poison is in the lower jaw.

I've never actually seen one myself. I wonder what the poison is for in the wild?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Dec 11

Originally posted by KellyJay
I got news for you, advancement in science does not demand or require that

in the distant past being the way they think....you bo ...[text shortened]... u still think you know the cause and reasons
Kelly[/b]
Okay, we're back to where we normally get to. We'll leave it there.

Happy New Year.

rc

Moves
30 Dec 11
3 edits

Okay, we're back to where we normally get to. We'll leave it there.

Happy New Year.
Unobserved phenomena bites our materialist friends in the bum again! Sadly so much
for what passes as empirical science is but the construct of the mind, indeed after
watching the Christmas lectures at the royal institute, i was disappointed to here Bruce
Hood claim that 'evolution', had hard wired our minds to recognise, from childhood,
emotion on other peoples faces. Indeed, evolution is like a box of convenient baby
wipes, if you cannot explain a phenomena, in any other terms, just wipe it with
evolution, evolution wipes!, kills 99.9 percent of any claim of intelligent agencies, a
child's response to love and affection? wipe it with evolution wipes!

Hope you have a great year dear PK, regards Robbie.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Unobserved phenomena bites our materialist friends in the bum again! Sadly so much
for what passes as empirical science is but the construct of the mind, indeed after
watching the Christmas lectures at the royal institute, i was disappointed to here Bruce
Hood claim that 'evolution', had hard wired our minds to recognise, from childhood,
emot ...[text shortened]... fection? wipe it with evolution wipes!

Hope you have a great year dear PK, regards Robbie.
Unobserved phenomena bites our materialist friends in the bum again!

Ermm, no. You can only go so far debating with someone who believes dinosaurs lived with humans on a big boat wooden boat built by one man which then survived a worldwide flood. Not only are we not on the same page, but we're not in the same book and might not even be in the same library!!

rc

Moves
30 Dec 11

[b]Unobserved phenomena bites our materialist friends in the bum again!

Ermm, no. You can only go so far debating with someone who believes dinosaurs lived with humans on a big boat wooden boat built by one man which then survived a worldwide flood. Not only are we not on the same page, but we're not in the same book and might not even be in the same library!![/b]
LOL, poor Kelly, he's always getting ripped about dinosaurs, it wouldn't be that if they
actually found one alive though! just by way of accuracy, the Arc was built by Noah
and his sons, was more than four stories high and larger than a football field, a fairly
large vessel by any standards, indeed, there is a scale model of it in the British
transport museum in Glasgow, under it, the legend states, built by Jehovah! Ahhh
another victory for true worship!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
LOL, poor Kelly, he's always getting ripped about dinosaurs, it wouldn't be that if they
actually found one alive though! just by way of accuracy, the Arc was built by Noah
and his sons, was more than four stories high and larger than a football field, a fairly
large vessel by any standards, indeed, there is a scale model of it in the British ...[text shortened]... asgow, under it, the legend states, built by Jehovah! Ahhh
another victory for true worship!
it wouldn't be that if they actually found one alive though!

Even if one dinosaur was found alive it doesn't follow that ALL dinosaurs have lived in the last few thousand years. It would hardly validate his ludicrous views.

As for this 'unobserved phenomena' mantra you seem to have adopted of late. There are many aspects of science that have not been observed. We have never seen an electron, we have never seen inside our sun, in fact you have never seen me?! Are we also to overturn the vast majority of crimes because nobody 'observed them'? Surely not.

You accept the age of the earth as given by those who have studied the evidence. Yet to you that is 'unobserved phenonema', why do you accpet that science?

Hapy New Year by the way.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Dec 11

[b]it wouldn't be that if they actually found one alive though!

Even if one dinosaur was found alive it doesn't follow that ALL dinosaurs have lived in the last few thousand years. It would hardly validate his ludicrous views.

As for this 'unobserved phenomena' mantra you seem to have adopted of late. There are many aspects of science th ...[text shortened]... is 'unobserved phenonema', why do you accpet that science?

Hapy New Year by the way.[/b]
You accept as truth many things you say no one has seen because
scientist claim it to be true. However, scientist have never seen
God and scientist usually ignore His existence because they claim
they can not prove He exists and you believe them for they have
become your god. Paul's statement still holds true today.

A Happy Roman New Year to everyone. 😏

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Dec 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
You accept as truth many things you say no one has seen because
scientist claim it to be true. However, scientist have never seen
God and scientist usually ignore His existence because they claim
they can not prove He exists and you believe them for they have
become your god. Paul's statement still holds true today.

A Happy Roman New Year to everyone. 😏
😴😴