1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 19:55
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    "But what have you really said:

You like the idea of the way you perceive God loves you." THINK OF ONE

So do you believe that God loves you like that as well? If not why not?

By the way it's not an idea or perception , it's an experience. My spirituality is basically experiential not conceptual.
    Be careful.

Have you not know those who have purported to have had such an experience, yet fall way short of understanding and following the ways of God?
  2. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 20:05
    Have you not know those who have purported to have had such an experience, yet fall way short of understanding and following the ways of God?

Yes , I am well, well aware of those who you are talking about and what you are hinting at. There's a big difference between using God as a drug and experiencing his tenderness. It's one of the reasons I stay well away from organised religion.

Now , could you answer my question now please?
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 20:10

Yes , I am well, well aware of those who you are talking about and what you are hinting at. There's a big difference between using God as a drug and experiencing his tenderness. It's one of the reasons I stay well away from organised religion.

Now , could you answer my question now please?
    You ask lots of questions 🙂

Which one specifically?
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 09:11
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You ask lots of questions 🙂

Which one specifically?
    I understand the game alright . I've seen it before. Have a debate with someone about something , but don't really have the debate in good faith , kinda hang back a bit and be a bit vague. Give the impression that you are willing to answer questions honestly and in good faith but then find a subtle way to deflect and and avoid answering them. You would make a good politician!

The game can be played consciously but is often played unconsciously. The intention is to slowly frustrate and wind up the person who is debating with you in the hope that they will somehow blow their top and say stuff that will devalue their argument. Then you will be able to say to yourself "Look I knew I was right , he went red in the face and started getting angry , he must have been talking crap" .That way you can avoid having a proper debate in good faith (where you may have to risk having your arguments put on the table and exposed to criticism) and you are able to walk away content in the belief that you were right all along , just as you always knew you were.

This game is often played in a different form by streetwise Italian footballers who grab an opponent while the ref isn't looking and then look all innocent when he retaliates. It's also played by older brothers on younger brothers. The idea is to get the other person to make a fool of themselves but ironically it can backfire and make the instigator look foolish.

You know full well the question I had just asked you and if you didn't then all you would have had to have done is re-read the most recent posts to find it. In any case it would be nice for you to answer ANY of my questions in good faith. I know this and you know this , so are you playing this game consciously?

I will not be red carded or allow my position to be devalued by playing your game. Maybe this is what your God is like. He hides away , not really knowable or sharing the truth. He's a game player. Is that it?
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Dec '06 14:28
    I understand the game alright . I've seen it before. Have a debate with someone about something , but don't really have the debate in good faith , kinda hang back a bit and be a bit vague. Give the impression that you are willing to answer questions honestly and in good faith but then find a subtle way to deflect and and avoid answering them. You would ...[text shortened]... e hides away , not really knowable or sharing the truth. He's a game player. Is that it?
    You've got quite the imagination.

You'd split this thread into multiple lines with inquiries in each. The post that asks me to answer the question wasn't a reply to any of them. I suppose I could have guessed, but I figured I'd ask since you weren't explicit. It would have taken you much less time and energy just to re-ask it.
  6. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    06 Dec '06 08:22
    You've got quite the imagination.

You'd split this thread into multiple lines with inquiries in each. The post that asks me to answer the question wasn't a reply to any of them. I suppose I could have guessed, but I figured I'd ask since you weren't explicit. It would have taken you much less time and energy just to re-ask it.
    So still no answer then? Just pick one of them , any of them!.........tick tock tick tock tick tock.....😴😴😴

RETHINKS.....

Ok , one more time then...

What is your God like in comparison to the God I have described??
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '06 16:24
    So still no answer then? Just pick one of them , any of them!.........tick tock tick tock tick tock.....😴😴😴

RETHINKS.....

Ok , one more time then...

What is your God like in comparison to the God I have described??
    There is only one Truth. There is only one God.

The idea that God loves you in a way that makes you feel good seems very important to you. Perhaps as you mature spiritually, you'll
    come to realize that what's truly important is that YOU love God. That you love God enough to understand and follow his ways. You'll come to realize how self-centered your current relationship is.
  8. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    06 Dec '06 20:59

The idea that God loves you in a way that makes you feel good seems very important to you. Perhaps as you mature spiritually, you'll
    come to realize that what's truly important is that YOU love God. That you love God enough to understand and follow his ways. You'll come to realize how self-centered your current relationship is.
    "There is only one Truth. There is only one God."

This doesn't say much in any great detail at all. Why do you so implicitly refuse to go not one step further than this? I don't understand , have I misread you?

This is silly because I agree entirely with you that loving God is the truely important thing in all this .There is nothing in what I have said that implies that loving God is not important. However , for me , I need to know what God is like in order to love him because I cannot love something I do not know the nature of. I also need to be loved first because I am aware of how much I need to learn HOW TO love. What better place to go for this than God? But how do I meet your God? How do I love him? How do I follow "his ways" if I don't know his ways in detail? You won't tell me what he is like!!
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '06 21:181 edit
    "There is only one Truth. There is only one God."

This doesn't say much in any great detail at all. Why do you so implicitly refuse to go not one step further than this? I don't understand , have I misread you?

This is silly because I agree entirely with you that loving God is the truely important thing in all this .There is nothing in what I ...[text shortened]... ollow "his ways" if I don't know his ways in detail? You won't tell me what he is like!!
    I keep trying to tell you that there's only one God. How can they be different?

I gave you a long list of what I believe Truth requires of us.

You gave a long list of how you believe God shows he loves you. I get the impression that you'd like a list showing the same thing from me. What I'm trying to tell you is that it's irrelevant compared to how one loves God.

Do you find it all telling that my description focuses on what is required of us and your description focuses on what was given to us?
  10. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    06 Dec '06 21:421 edit

Perhaps as you mature spiritually, you'll
    come to realize that what's truly important is that YOU love God. That you love God enough to understand and follow his ways. You'll come to realize how self-centered your current relationship is.THINK OFONE

At last some differentiation!

Ironically , I find the fact that you said this quite comforting because at least you are offering a definite opinion for a change. You say that loving God is more important than God loving you , whereas I see the Christian tradition as being focussed on God's love for us as the authentic springboard for our love for him and others. To your God this is "self centred" because he presumably thinks that we should love him(whoever he is) first and not consider his love for us so much , whereas my God thinks wants to demonstrate and embrace us in his love to ENABLE us to respond. My God wants to be known and wants his love to be known so that we may know how to love. Your God doesn't want to be known (or at least you don't want him to be known) and wants us to love him anyway. What to your God is "immature" is to my God the only authentic path TO maturity. FANTASTIC,,,, , AT LAST WE DISAGREE ON GOD!

It's like I've said all along , not all religions or Gods are the same!!
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '06 22:22
    Perhaps as you mature spiritually, you'll
    come to realize that what's truly important is that YOU love God. That you love God enough to understand and follow his ways. You'll come to realize how self-centered your current relationship is.THINK OFONE

At last some differentiation!

Ironically , I find the fact that you said this quite comforting b ...[text shortened]... ON GOD!

It's like I've said all along , not all religions or Gods are the same!!
    I've never said that all religions are the same, but that all religions that have Truth and Love at their core can help one follow the ways of God. It's the same God. Actually, I've stated this several times. You seem to be boderline delusional with your fixation on being "right". You've let your pride get the best of you. Sometimes I feel as though I'm conversing with a teenager. How old are you?
  12. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    06 Dec '06 22:43
    I've never said that all religions are the same, but that all religions that have Truth and Love at their core can help one follow the ways of God. It's the same God. Actually, I've stated this several times. You seem to be boderline delusional with your fixation on being "right". You've let your pride get the best of you. Sometimes I feel as though I'm conversing with a teenager. How old are you?
    I'm actually 40 , but who cares! I agree that all religions have love and truth at their core in a way but as I said this is pretty meaningless unless you describe what kind of love and truth you are talking about. Of course I am trying to prove I am "right" but this is only because I believe that this IS the truth. Are you so naive as to think that you are not also trying to prove you are right as well? You are doing the same thing but less explicitly and congruently. If you expect me to say I don't believe something even if I do then what on earth do you want? You interpret this as "pride" , which is a definition I understand but also reject. I interpret my stance as me standing up authentically for what I believe is true, which is what you are doing anyway.

However , you want to absorb what I believe into a more nebulus generic form , which is exactly what Jesus resisted. His love and message was specific and definitive , so if you are being consistent you should reject his truth also , but you don't . You try to dilute the Christian message into something less than what it is , but truth fights its corner I'm afraid.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 02:38
    I'm actually 40 , but who cares! I agree that all religions have love and truth at their core in a way but as I said this is pretty meaningless unless you describe what kind of love and truth you are talking about. Of course I am trying to prove I am "right" but this is only because I believe that this IS the truth. Are you so naive as to think that yo ...[text shortened]... an message into something less than what it is , but truth fights its corner I'm afraid.
    I'm interested in discussion and understanding as opposed to debating and making "points". You've already conceded that one need not be a Christian to follow the ways of God. That's all I was saying here. For whatever reason, you find it necessary to try to put down other religions in your attempt to raise Christianity. You find it necessary to badger me, make false accusations, use ill-conceived analogies and make illogical arguments in your attempt to do so. If you don't see this as pride, then more's the pity.
  14. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 12:56
    I'm interested in discussion and understanding as opposed to debating and making "points". You've already conceded that one need not be a Christian to follow the ways of God. That's all I was saying here. For whatever reason, you find it necessary to try to put down other religions in your attempt to raise Christianity. You find it necessary to badger me, ...[text shortened]... arguments in your attempt to do so. If you don't see this as pride, then more's the pity.
    I was not putting down other religions only drawing a distinction between them and Christianity. If you thought it was a put down then you must subtley agree with the points I made. I value many religions as they often have many more of the pieces to the puzzle than Atheism , but then again I want the fullest picture I can get , so I look to the crucial pieces God provides in Christianity.

I apologise for comparing you to an Italian footballer a while ago as it may have implied a cynicism you are not intending in this discussion but I doubt that all my points have been ill conceived or flawed, I think what you are trying to say is that you disagree with them To a certain extent I see your arguments as quite logical and well conceived. I think you are intelligent and probably spiritually mature . the only problem I have ever had with you is your reticence to give a straight answer to a straight question.

I have conceded that it is not neccesary to be a Christian (in the religious sense) to follow the ways of God but maybe I have not clarified something. I believe that the only thing that makes it possible for ANYone to follow God is the activity of the Holy Spirit amongst men. Without God's spirit with us no-one would even think of following God , there would be no religion . The Holy Spirit is here because Jesus came . Thus all religion and spirituality is dependant on Christ. This is why I say that Ghandi was a Christian but didn't know it. He was being indwelt and empowered by the Holy Spirit , in short Jesus was with him. You see ultimately Christianity's importance as a religion is entirely dependant on the fact that it is a record of the real living God living amongst us. It's not really a religion in the way you think it is.

The only thing that enables you to follow God at all is Jesus himself within you. You may not agree , but do you understand my position better?
  15. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 13:29
    I'm interested in discussion and understanding as opposed to debating and making "points". You've already conceded that one need not be a Christian to follow the ways of God. That's all I was saying here. For whatever reason, you find it necessary to try to put down other religions in your attempt to raise Christianity. You find it necessary to badger me, ...[text shortened]... arguments in your attempt to do so. If you don't see this as pride, then more's the pity.
    " If you don't see this as pride, then more's the pity".THINK OF ONE

Actually it's not pride it's because I'm actually God in human form you see and one day when the world ends. I will judge you along with all humanity. I want to forgive you right now for anything bad you have done to your fellow man and thank you personally for all the good , caring things you have done for me by helping your neighbour. I , knightmeister , am the truth. I'm the light of the world . You can't get to heaven without going through me . The earth itself may pass away but what I say on these posts will never pass away. I am committed to dying in your place so that you may be forgiven your sins. I , knightmeister , am the way. Follow me! Follow me and I will live in you and you will live in me! I will never die!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree