1. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 10:44
    @suzianne said
    Surely this must refer to the war-hammer of Ronan the Accuser. 🙂

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronan_the_Accuser
    Speaking of which, has anyone mentioned this yet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimon_Hellstrom
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 10:48
    @rajk999 said
    Read 1 Timothy 4. I started a thread on that chapter.

In the last days many will believe the doctrine of devils speaking lies in hypocrisy
    Eg
    - churches forbidding some to marry or the eating of meat or certain meats [v 3]
    - departing from the faith and believing doctrines not preached by Jesus Christ [v 6]

Sonship, Second Son and KellyJ are good examples of this ki ...[text shortened]... e them, identify them, warn others of them, avoid them etc is your failure as a professed Christian.
    I have never said no one can do good works unless they profess faith, that isn't true. What I'm saying is that we don't rely on our good works for our salvation we do them because God loves us, and we are to love God and each other. It isn't that good works are not the be done it is that they are done in Christ, and Christ in us.

You know we are to abide in Christ, this isn't a mystery, you know we must have the Son to have the Father, to have the Spirit of God or we don't belong to God. You have said even those that deny Christ can have the Holy Spirit, back that up claim with scripture please. I can back up everything I have said with it, and don't have to ignore any other scripture while doing it.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 10:551 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I have never said no one can do good works unless they profess faith, that isn't true. What I'm saying is that we don't rely on our good works for our salvation we do them because God loves us, and we are to love God and each other. It isn't that good works are not the be done it is that they are done in Christ, and Christ in us.

You know we are to abide in Christ, this i ...[text shortened]... back up everything I have said with it, and don't have to ignore any other scripture while doing it.
    God has poured out His Spirit upon all flesh.
    You want that verse?

Jesus said His words [teachings] are Spirit and are Life.
    You want the reference?

People with the Holy Spirit preach the teachings of Christ.
    People with the Holy Spirit, follow the commandments of Christ.
    People with the Holy Spirit tell others of the commandments of Christ
    You do none of those things
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 11:44
    @rajk999 said
    You want that verse?

You want the reference?

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/door-to-door/#?insight[search_id]=0992714c-7354-4a7d-8294-d87fb4e742e2&insight[search_result_index]=1

You have said you do not preach to others going door to door as you have clearly stated. And why is that again?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 12:031 edit
    @rajk999 said
    You want that verse?

You want the reference?

Yes quote the scriptures so they can be looked at in context.
    Including those that deny God can have the Holy Spirit.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 12:54
    @galveston75 said
    https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/door-to-door/#?insight[search_id]=0992714c-7354-4a7d-8294-d87fb4e742e2&insight[search_result_index]=1

You have said you do not preach to others going door to door as you have clearly stated. And why is that again?
    I already answered that question.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 12:55
    @kellyjay said
    Yes quote the scriptures so they can be looked at in context.
    Including those that deny God can have the Holy Spirit.
    Those who are not following the commandments of Christ are denying God.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 12:58
    Food is proof.

Even if humans evolved from nothing, with no God involved, with stomachs that get hungry and we die without food, it doesn't mean that food had to be on this planet in the quantities we have.

Furthermore, not only is there food, but we have such a delicious variety of food, spices, vegetables, fruits, etc....that just grow off trees and out of the ground.

If there was no "design", then we are the luckiest people in the universe.

Therefore, God created us, and the food and water that sustains us.

Case closed? 😀
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 13:02
    @chaney3 said
    Food is proof.

Even if humans evolved from nothing, with no God involved, with stomachs that get hungry and we die without food, it doesn't mean that food had to be on this planet in the quantities we have.

Furthermore, not only is there food, but we have such a delicious variety of food, spices, vegetables, fruits, etc....that just grow off trees and out of the ground. ...[text shortened]... universe.

Case closed? 😀
    I've heard this before, but don't recall where or who, I'm thinking C.S. Lewis, which wouldn't surprise me wise words thanks chaney3!
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 13:07
    @rajk999 said
    Those who are not following the commandments of Christ are denying God.
    I agree that if you don't love God and everyone else you are not obeying God. It isn't a matter of denying God, as much as disobeying God, the devils do not deny God they know and tremble, for they know who He is. The deniers of God you claim can have the Holy Spirit in them, and you have not shared the scripture for this, are you going to share it or ignore the requests for that text.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 13:451 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I agree that if you don't love God and everyone else you are not obeying God. It isn't a matter of denying God, as much as disobeying God, the devils do not deny God they know and tremble, for they know who He is. The deniers of God you claim can have the Holy Spirit in them, and you have not shared the scripture for this, are you going to share it or ignore the requests for that text.
    Deniers of God are those who refuse to follow the commandments.
    Those who follow the commandments have Gods Spirit
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 13:461 edit
    @chaney3 said
    Food is proof.

Furthermore, not only is there food, but we have such a delicious variety of food, spices, vegetables, fruits, etc....that just grow off trees and out of the ground. ...[text shortened]... universe.

Case closed? 😀
    Successful creatures evolved and adapted to be sustained on the food, and in the environment, available. Unsuccessful creatures died out. (Take for example those hummingbirds with extremely long beaks, adapted to reach the nectar deep down in particular flowers).

Case closed.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 13:47
    @rajk999 said
    Deniers of God are those who refuse to follow the commandments.
    Deniers of God deny that He exists.

Why won't you just admit that?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 13:52
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Successful creatures evolved and adapted to be sustained on the food, and in the environment, available. Unsuccessful creatures died out. (Take for example those hummingbirds with extremely long beaks, adapted to reach the nectar deep down in particular flowers).

Case closed.
    Look, there could have been food on this planet to sustain life, but it could have been one source, and bland and disgusting to eat.

All one needs to do is eat a hearty mixed salad, a nice steak, baked potato....with chives and cheddar, and an ice cold glass of water to wash it down....to realize that "someone" provided this miracle of nourishment.

Or it was blind luck.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 13:55
    @chaney3 said
    Look, there could have been food on this planet to sustain life, but it could have been one source, and bland and disgusting to eat.

All one needs to do is eat a hearty mixed salad, a nice steak, baked potato....with chives and cheddar, and an ice cold glass of water to wash it down....to realize that "someone" provided this miracle of nourishment.

Or it was blind luck.
    Neither.

Empty your cup and I will pour out my wisdom.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree