Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Jul 19
1 edit

@galveston75 said
Perhaps you should read these scriptures to get a better understanding of what Jehovah God has done for all of mankind, including you.
As far as man is looking out into space, there is not another planet that is even close to our planet earth that could even start to keep a human alive. This planet was created perfectly for humans to live on until guess who reined it f ...[text shortened]... seem to be. Tiny little humans.....

Genesis 1:27-31; 2:7-9, 15-23; Psalm 115:16; Matthew 19:4-6
Have you been to all the other planets to substantiate your assertion?

Across the universe hospitable planets almost certainly abound. Again, this idea of humans being special on a special planet positively reeks of ego.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Jul 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Have you been to all the other planets to substantiate your assertion?

Across the universe hospitable plans almost certainly abound. Again, this idea of humans being special on a special planet positively reeks of ego.
Suggesting you know it didn't happen that way, but cannot show how it did, doesn't?

c

Moves
04 Jul 19
1 edit

Note: I have provided extraordinary proof, which is food and water, and have only been met with the theory that it's man's ego to think that God created us, and provided not just food....but delicious food in an endless variety.

It's no wonder that the "manna" provided by God in Exodus didn't go over well, because imagine if humans had to eat just manna for their entire life.

Edit: correction made. 😀

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Suggesting you know it didn't happen that way, but cannot show how it did, doesn't?
How does that figure? - Galveston said, 'there is not another planet that is even close to our planet earth that could even start to keep a human alive.' While I said, 'hospitable planets almost certainly abound.'

Which one of us is asserting something definitively?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Jul 19

@chaney3 said
Note: I have provided extraordinary proof, which is food and water, and have only been met with the theory that it's man's ego to think that God created us, and provided not just food....but delicious food in an endless variety.

It's no wonder that the "manna" provided by God in Exodus didn't go over well, because imagine if humans had to eat just manna for their entire life.

Edit: correction made. 😀
No sir, the whole food/water thing is an especially lame attempt at providing proof and easily rebuffed. (As it has been).

What else you got?

c

Moves
04 Jul 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No sir, the whole food/water thing is an especially lame attempt at providing proof and easily rebuffed. (As it has been).

What else you got?
Do you just view food and water existing on earth as an enormous coincidence, due to the fact that we could not survive without them?

(Later I'll be discussing the earth, moon and sun....regarding their placements relative to each other)

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Jul 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
How does that figure? - Galveston said, 'there is not another planet that is even close to our planet earth that could even start to keep a human alive.' While I said, 'hospitable planets almost certainly abound.'

Which one of us is asserting something definitively?
Both, you can say A and not A are both something definitively stated, you disagree un-definitively?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Jul 19

@chaney3 said
Do you just view food and water existing on earth as an enormous coincidence, due to the fact that we could not survive without them?

(Later I'll be discussing the earth, moon and sun....regarding their placements relative to each other)
Look old chap, all the key elements needed to be in place for life to exist. Earth met these requirements (the right distance from the sun etc) while a planet like Saturn did not. If Earth hadn't met these requirements then we simply wouldn't be here. In that sense, yes, we were lucky. In the vastness of space (which is mind-numbingly huge) other planets too will have gotten lucky. The idea that we were the only one is just poor math.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Both, you can say A and not A are both something definitively stated, you disagree un-definitively?
How is 'almost certain' definitive?

c

Moves
04 Jul 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Look old chap, all the key elements needed to be in place for life to exist. Earth met these requirements (the right distance from the sun etc) while a planet like Saturn did not. If Earth hadn't met these requirements then we simply wouldn't be here. In that sense, yes, we were lucky. In the vastness of space (which is mind-numbingly huge) other planets too will have gotten lucky. The idea that we were the only one is just poor math.
You have admitted to "luck", which is refreshing.

I don't view it as luck, but "design", which is where we obviously disagree.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Jul 19

@chaney3 said
You have admitted to "luck", which is refreshing.

I don't view it as luck, but "design", which is where we obviously disagree.
Without 'luck' (as understood by Earth being in the Goldilocks zone) then 'you' simply wouldn't be here to postulate about everything being designed.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Jul 19
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Poor math, how much math do you use when looking at all of the things that had to be just right for this planet here to support life, not just little things either like the placement of this planet, but the make up of the universe, how it all reacts to itself? How much math is required to actually have the ability to understand anything let alone ourselves and the universe we are in? When you do the math, at what point in your understanding can you say this didn't just happen, it had to have been setup, how far away does that decimal point have be? Assuming there are more planets with life is also a grand assumption too! So saying there is only one, or there must be many more are both statements that are either true or not. I think luck had nothing to do with it, the balance in the universe and life is too good in my opinion for luck to be in play, nothing is that lucky.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Poor math, how much math do you use when looking at all of the things that had to be just right for this planet here to support life, not just little things either like the placement of this planet, but the make up of the universe, how it all reacts to itself? How much math is required to actually have the ability to understand anything let alone ourselves and the universe w ...[text shortened]... ce in the universe and life is too good in my opinion for luck to be in play, nothing is that lucky.
I just don't think you fully comprehend how massive the universe is. (And by math I refer to probability).

There are about 10 billion galaxies in the observable universe! The number of stars in a galaxy varies, but assuming an average of 100 billion stars per galaxy means that there are about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (that's 1 billion trillion) stars in the observable universe.

https://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=3775

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Jul 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I just don't think you fully comprehend how massive the universe is. (And by math I refer to probability).

There are about 10 billion galaxies in the observable universe! The number of stars in a galaxy varies, but assuming an average of 100 billion stars per galaxy means that there are about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (that's 1 billion trillion) stars in the observable universe.

https://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=3775
You know I believe the whole thing is created, that it cannot contain God, and God knows every speck in it and how each speck in the whole relates to one another, and the whole. The size of it is massive for us, the universe shows the glory of God. Since His glory is the heavens is about everything we can grasp about it, compared to us it shows us by comparison we are but tiny blimps in the whole. Comprehension of the universes size gives us a clue how great God must be being able to do has been recorded about Him in scripture. (I believe He is quite great and real)

Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.

Jeremiah 23:24
Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the Lord. Do I not fill heaven and earth? declares the Lord.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jul 19

@caissad4

Okay, you have no proof for your extraordinary claim.
But, an extraordinary claim DOES require extraordinary proof.

Why is stating that God is an "extraordinary claim"?