1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 14:02
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Neither.

Empty your cup and I will pour out my wisdom.
    You are trying to quietly dismiss a very valid point regarding the food and water issue.

Without a "designer", can you provide an explanation for the vast assortment of delicious food on this planet? And how it appears to have been "designed" to grow off trees and out of the dirt?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 14:10
    @rajk999 said
    Deniers of God are those who refuse to follow the commandments.
    Those who follow the commandments have Gods Spirit
    It isn't dependent on us, it is God who enters us, it is God who gives us His Spirit.
    It is God who knows who belongs to Him, not you, even though you pronounce who does and doesn't all the time, taking it upon yourself to make claims only God can.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 14:11
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Successful creatures evolved and adapted to be sustained on the food, and in the environment, available. Unsuccessful creatures died out. (Take for example those hummingbirds with extremely long beaks, adapted to reach the nectar deep down in particular flowers).

Case closed.
    I believe they were designed that way.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 14:12
    @chaney3 said
    Deniers of God deny that He exists.

Why won't you just admit that?
    He has scriptures he has not shared yet, he should be giving us them shortly.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 14:55
    @chaney3 said
    You are trying to quietly dismiss a very valid point regarding the food and water issue.

Without a "designer", can you provide an explanation for the vast assortment of delicious food on this planet? And how it appears to have been "designed" to grow off trees and out of the dirt?
    Food doesn't exist for our benefit. To think otherwise is egocentric.

Take a piece of fruit, for example. It isn't delicious for our benefit. It wants to be eaten, to be carried long distances in our stomach away from the parent plant and have its seeds popped out.

It always comes down to survival of the species and procreation/reproduction.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 14:57
    @kellyjay said
    I believe they were designed that way.
    You conflate evolved with designed.

Your belief is misplaced.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 15:07
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Food doesn't exist for our benefit. To think otherwise is egocentric.

Take a piece of fruit, for example. It isn't delicious for our benefit. It wants to be eaten, to be carried long distances in our stomach away from the parent plant and have its seeds popped out.

It always comes down to survival of the species and procreation/reproduction.
    I really hope you're kidding here, and just trying to be funny. Otherwise, you're saying that BOTH humans and food just happened to appear from nothing, and evolve together for no reason at all, yet humans need food to survive. This is the luckiest and most random coincidence ever. Add water to the luck and things get more convenient.

The theories "made up" to argue against design are much more absurd than design itself.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 15:15
    @chaney3 said
    I really hope you're kidding here, and just trying to be funny. Otherwise, you're saying that BOTH humans and food just happened to appear from nothing, and evolve together for no reason at all, yet humans need food to survive. This is the luckiest and most random coincidence ever. Add water to the luck and things get more convenient.

The theories "made up" to argue against design are much more absurd than design itself.
    No, I'm not kidding. (Nor do I believe 'anything' came from nothing).

All living organisms have evolved for their own survival, even if (in the case of a piece of fruit) that survival involves being eaten by animals for the spreading of their seeds.

To see an apple on a tree and think it grew there by design (tasting delicious) as an altruistic gift to mankind is egocentric beyond belief. The apple has its own agenda. Its very survival has been possible by being tasty, by being consumed and transported.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 15:22
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

All living organisms have evolved for their own survival, even if (in the case of a piece of fruit) that survival involves being eaten by animals for the spreading of their seeds.

To see an apple on a tree and think it grew there by design (tasting delicious) as an altruistic gift to mankind ...[text shortened]... s own agenda. Its very survival has been possible by being tasty, by being consumed and transported.
    Interesting.

So, in other words, you're saying that if someone believes that God created them and the delicious food needed to sustain them, and specifically for their benefit, that they are egocentric?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 15:32
    @chaney3 said
    Interesting.

So, in other words, you're saying that if someone believes that God created them and the delicious food needed to sustain them, and specifically for their benefit, that they are egocentric?
    Yes. (No offense intended).

Nothing exists solely for the benefit of something else. Everything has its own agenda in the food chain.

As an aside, if you were unfortunate enough to be consumed by a lion, would the lion be justified in saying you were delicious for his benefit and that a designer had put you here on the planet for him to eat?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 15:40
    @chaney3 said
    Deniers of God deny that He exists.

Why won't you just admit that?
    Your are referring to professions with the mouth.
    Professions of belief or unbelief are meaningless to God who looks at the heart of man and actions or works.

Therefore a man can profess that he believes but then disobeys the commandments.

A man can profess no belief and then he follow the commandments.

God prefers the second of the two.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 16:08
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Yes. (No offense intended).

Nothing exists solely for the benefit of something else. Everything has its own agenda in the food chain.

As an aside, if you were unfortunate enough to be consumed by a lion, would the lion be justified in saying you were delicious for his benefit and that a designer had put you here on the planet for him to eat?
    You presume the Designer handed over to His creation the ability to set their own agenda's for themselves. If the Designer had their own thoughts and agenda for their creation, what then? Wouldn't all non-agendas that didn't start and end with the Creator in mind be selfishly in error?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 16:221 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Your are referring to professions with the mouth.
    Professions of belief or unbelief are meaningless to God who looks at the heart of man and actions or works.

Therefore a man can profess that he believes but then disobeys the commandments.

A man can profess no belief and then he follow the commandments.

God prefers the second of the two.
    You again are presuming God's mind by suggesting what the scripture says is wrong! If you don't have faith it is impossible to please God, so anyone without faith in God will not please God regardless of what they say and do, because it is impossible for them to please God according to scripture.

Mark 1:14-16 (ESV)
    Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God, and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”

2 Thessalonians 2:13
    But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.

Hebrews 11:6
    And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

Following the commandments without knowing them and not breaking them would be required, you know anyone who does not break God's commandments while not knowing them? You have some perfect people in mind, if you do you have to know then that Jesus didn't come to save them, He came to save sinners.

"God prefers", again you know the mind of God as it goes against the Word of God. All have sinned, none of us are righteous, and to claim that is not true is calling God a liar.

1 John 1:10
    If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 16:321 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

To see an apple on a tree and think it grew there by design (tasting delicious) as an altruistic gift to mankind ...[text shortened]... s own agenda. Its very survival has been possible by being tasty, by being consumed and transported.
    Perhaps you should read these scriptures to get a better understanding of what Jehovah God has done for all of mankind, including you.
    As far as man is looking out into space, there is not another planet that is even close to our planet earth that could even start to keep a human alive. This planet was created perfectly for humans to live on until guess who reined it for us? Yes humans. Humans that did not appreciate at all what they had under their feet. Now humans don't see what they have, appreciate it, and even deny God's existence just as you seem to be. Tiny little humans.....

Genesis 1:27-31; 2:7-9, 15-23; Psalm 115:16; Matthew 19:4-6
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '19 16:40
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You conflate evolved with designed.

Your belief is misplaced.
    No, I think not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree