Faith is full of power

Faith is full of power

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21
1 edit

"For we by the Spirit out of faith eagerly await the hope of righteousness." (Gal. 5:5)

It is faith all the way. It is faith initially to receive the Lord. And it is faith from then on to live by the Lord. The one who would experience God never graduates from faith on this side of glorification.

Some would ask "What about good works?" They especially must come out of faith that Christ whom has come into my heart can be everything.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21
2 edits

When Paul says "For we by the Spirit out of faith eagerly await the hope of righteousness." he is speaking of transformation into Christ's image in the future. "A believer is objectively declared righteous by justification by faith. Then there is the work of God to dispositionally transform his living into a righteous living. This is subjective. And this is a [b]hope[b] the Christian is moving toward.

[b]"For we by the Spirit . . . "
that means Christ living within us.

" . . . by the Spirit out of faith . . . " That indwelling Christ who is the Holy Spirit even empowers faith, nourishes faith, supplies deeper and deeper faith. That is faith for Christ to make His home in every chamber of our being.

" . . . eagerly await the hope of righteousness" means the righteousness of that indwelling One to more and more come out and be manifested in our daily living.

"For we by the Spirit out of faith eagerly await . . . " something more and more to be ours - good words out of righteous living.. " . . . eagerly await the hope of righteousness."

It is faith all the way.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21
3 edits

By faith initially I believed in Christ and He became righteousness to me before God. ​I have a righteous standing before God in Christ.

​ That same faith is needed to allow Christ to make His home in my heart - every corner, every chamber, every room more and more. This is a life long process.

"that Christ make make His home in your hearts through faith." (Eph 3:17)

And it is also "through faith" . It is faith all the way.
So the Christian by the power of the Holy Spirit through faith eagerly awaits Christ to make His home more and more in the heart. This is the hope of righteousness in living and in the outflow of good works coming out of a transformed soul..

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21
2 edits

Divegeester, You're not suppose to be reading twaddle !
You too, Rajk999 and Ghost of a Duke.

Quick, get out while you still have a chance.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Dec 21

@sonship said
Divegeester, You're not suppose to be reading twaddle !
You too, Rajk999 and Ghost of a Duke.

Quick, get out while you still have a chance.
I will simply remind you this forum isn't your private pulpit. Try and contain yourself in one post and allow people to reply.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21
3 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I am beside myself. But I am sober for the sake of others who need that.

Some have labored much to DEVALUE faith. Among them Rajk999.
But it is FAITH all the way.

Love of Jesus and faith in Jesus to obtain the righteousness of practical living.

"For we [maybe not you Ghost] by the Spirit out of faith eagerly await the hopee of righteousness."

Did anyone ever see Ghost complain to anyone else that this was not their private pulpit?

Did anyone ever see him go over to . . . the thread with hundreds of quotations selected by rookie54 and whine that that thread of all this Zen Buddhist gems of wisdom were not his private pulpit?

Did anyone ever yet see him rebuke Kevin Eleven starting so many threads which consist mostly if his own un-responded to musings?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Dec 21

@sonship said

Did anyone ever see Ghost complain to anyone else that this was not their private pulpit?

Did anyone ever see him go over to . . . the thread with hundreds of quotations selected by rookie54 and whine that that thread of all this Zen Buddhist gems of wisdom were not his private pulpit?

Did anyone ever yet see him rebuke Kevin Eleven starting so many threads which consist mostly if his own un-responded to musings?
Only you post several spamming posts in a row.

You apparently lack self-control.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Only you post several spamming posts in a row.

You apparently lack self-control.
One man’s spam is another man’s caviar, ghosty

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
One man’s spam is another man’s caviar, ghosty
Yes, there is something fishy about the biblical corruptions he brings here.

Nice catch. Do you also think God's mission was to make man into a God? - If not, why are you not challenging sonship on this?!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Yes, there is something fishy about the biblical corruptions he brings here.

Nice catch. Do you also think God's mission was to make man into a God? - If not, why are you not challenging sonship on this?!
I think God’s mission was to make us sons (and daughters) of God.

“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.”

(Romans 8:14-17)

“For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.”

(Romans 8:20-21)

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
I think God’s mission was to make us sons (and daughters) of God.

“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Yes, good. But that is not what I asked. Witness Lee speaks of God's intent to make man into a God. Do you agree with the following?

“My burden is to show you clearly that God’s economy and plan is to make
Himself man and to make us, His created beings, ‘God,’ so that He is ‘man-ized’
and we are ‘God-ized.’ In the end, He and we, we and He, all become Godmen.”

A Deeper Study of the Divine Dispensing, p. 54 (1990)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Yes, good. But that is not what I asked. Witness Lee speaks of God's intent to make man into a God. Do you agree with the following?

A Deeper Study of the Divine Dispensing, p. 54 (1990)
No, I don’t agree with that at all.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Dec 21
2 edits

@PB1022

Athanasius, called the father of orthodoxy said what ?

The Word became flesh to make us “partakers of the divine nature”: “For this is why the Word became man, and the Son of God became the Son of man: so that man, by entering into communion with the Word and thus receiving divine sonship, might become a son of God.” “For the Son of God became man so that we might become God.” “The only-begotten Son of God, wanting to make us sharers in his divinity, assumed our nature, so that he, made man, might make men gods” (CCC 460).

The so-called father of orthodoxy knew good and will salvation, though it deifies man, does not make him an object of worship of taking on the Godhead.

From Wikipedia if you will -

Divinization (Christian)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
Not to be confused with Divination.
See also: Sanctification

For the Eastern Orthodox concept, see Theosis (Eastern Orthodox theology).
In Christian theology, divinization ("divinization" may also refer to apotheosis, lit. "making divine" ), or theopoesis or theosis, is the transforming effect of divine grace,[1] the spirit of God, or the atonement of Christ. Although it literally means to become divine, or to become God, most Christian denominations do not interpret the doctrine as implying an overcoming of a fundamental metaphysical difference between God and humanity, for example John of the Cross had it: "it is true that its natural being, though thus transformed, is as distinct from the Being of God as it was before".[Primary 1][2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divinization_(Christian)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Dec 21

@sonship said
@PB1022

Athanasius, called the father of orthodoxy said what ?

The Word became flesh to make us “partakers of ...[text shortened]... as it was before".[Primary 1][2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divinization_(Christian)
Are you suggesting Christians, after they die, are going to be equal with God?

That is what I thought Ghost asked if I believed. Is that what you believe? That Christians after they die will be equal with God?

Moves
26 Dec 21

No direct reply from sonship to direct questions.

As usual.