1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 23:511 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    The Pharisees used to memorize the Torah, and Jesus said lots of great things about them .. so you are on the right track. Write out the bible, memorise it. keep copies of it in your pocket...etc.
    Why are you constantly trolling me? All because I exposed your false doctrines?

I tried to discuss substance with you in another thread and raised numerous substantive points about your false doctrines and asked you to respond to them, but you declined.

You also seem uncertain now about whether a Christian who is not leading a sin-free life can enter heaven. First you said they can’t, then you said they can and then you said they can’t - the latter two contradictory statements appeared in the same post!

Your continued trolling and false accusations against me, in which you claim I’m another poster, are evidence that you are not leading the sin-free life you claim to be leading - even as you condemn other Christians to hell for not subscribing to your false doctrines.

Get smart, amigo!
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 11:412 edits
    When Christians are accused of worshipping the Bible merely because they discover how its words bring us into God's presence, they need not be condemned.

Psalm 56:4 says the Psalmist praised the word of God!
    " In God whose word I praise,
    In God do I trust, and I will not be afraid, What can flesh do to me."

Thus the darkened ignorance accusation is once more exposed.

I will praise God's word as I trust in God.
    Again:

Psalm 56:10
    "In God, whose word I praise,
    In Jehovah, whose word I praise ..."

Maybe the ignorant accuser prefers the King James version?

Psalm 56:4 King James Version (KJV)
    4 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. [/b]
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 13:12
    Originally posted by @sonship
    When Christians are accused of worshipping the Bible merely because they discover how its words bring us into God's presence, they need not be condemned.

[b]Psalm 56:4
    says the Psalmist praised the word of God!
    " In God whose word I praise,
    In God do I trust, and I will not be afraid, What can flesh do to me."

Thus the ...[text shortened]... word, [/b] in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. [/b] [/quote][/b]
    God’s Word a/k/a the Holy Bible is one of the ways God communicates with us.

And the Bible is as relevant today as it was thousands of years ago because human nature hasn’t changed; only the technology has.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 13:13
    “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

(Romans 8:38-39)
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 13:181 edit
    This is a great passage from the Old Testament that shows how God, in my experience, most often communicates - not by the proverbial thunderclaps and fire and brimstone, but in a “still small voice.”

“And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the Lord came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah?

And he said, I have been very jealous for the Lord God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:

And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?“

(1 Kings 19:9-13)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 06:07
    Wonderful passage from Romans:

“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.“

(Romans 8:1-6)
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 08:10
    “Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually.”

1 Chronicles 16:11
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 09:20
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    God’s Word a/k/a the Holy Bible is one of the ways God communicates with us.

And the Bible is as relevant today as it was thousands of years ago because human nature hasn’t changed; only the technology has.
    I really like my Wonder Bible.
    I've been listening to Second Chronicles for a couple of nights as I retire.

But this evening it was the tremendous book of Nehemiah. What things I hear when I am free to listen to some anointed reading.

It is good to have both the self reading and having someone read in your hearing too.

"Until I come, attend to the public reading, ..." (1 Timothy 413a)

In case some are bothered by me not quoting the whole verse -

"Until I come, attend to the public reading, to the exhortation, to the teaching."

Amen.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 09:393 edits
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I really like my Wonder Bible.....
    Sometimes I cringe when I bother to read your posts.

“Wonder Bible” (capitalised.) what?

And this...

“In case some are bothered by me not quoting the whole verse -“

Why didnt you just put the whole verse in instead of this queasy statement of simpering false humility.

😞
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 09:40
    This is a great passage from the Old Testament that shows how God, in my experience, most often communicates - not by the proverbial thunderclaps and fire and brimstone, but in a “still small voice.”

“And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the Lord came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah?
    ...[text shortened]... hold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?“

(1 Kings 19:9-13)
    I deeply appreciate the progressive nature of the revelation of the Bible. It unfolds more and more of the nature and character of God.

Elijah the prophet was so use to the spectacular and dramatic displays of God's power. Yes, in the unfolding of deeper and finer aspects of His being He had to show Elijah that He was also in the voice of human conscience.

The still small voice verses the earthquake, the rock shattering wind, and the devouring fire.

God was also in the still small voice of the Holy Spirit convicted human conscience.

Marvelous.
    Good post.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 09:42
    “He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end”

Ecclesiastes 3:11
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 12:521 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Sometimes I cringe when I bother to read your posts.

“Wonder Bible” (capitalised.) what?

And this...

“In case some are bothered by me not quoting the whole verse -“

Why didnt you just put the whole verse in instead of this queasy statement of simpering false humility.

😞
    I enjoy writing verses I guess. Each time I write I also prayerfully digest and enjoy.

Oh excuse me about the "Wonder Bible." That's some new little rectangular ipod like device that's being advertised in the US.

You can get it to nicely dedicate itself to reading anywhere in the Bible while driving or doing something or for just listening pleasure.

My wife got me one for our anniversary.

Sounds like you need a knee-jerk reaction of displeasure at something.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 12:56
    “Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually.”

1 Chronicles 16:11
    Psalm 119 is particularly loaded with great passages on seeking God through His statutes, ordinances, and His word.

In the Old Testament I think this psalm has to be the most positive one reflecting the proper regard for the Scriptures that they had at that time, mainly the law of Moses.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 23:03
    Great passage from Acts that shows Paul’s and Silas’ great faith:

“And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely:

Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.

And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.

But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.

Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.”

(Acts 16:23-34)
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '18 14:36
    Great verse in Psalms I recently came across. Planning to add to my bank of memory verses!

“Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.”

(Psalm 119:133)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree