1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '18 14:44
    Great passage from 1 Kings in the Old Testament:

“And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Art thou he that troubleth Israel?

And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father's house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the Lord, and thou hast followed Baalim.

Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel's table.

So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel.

And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the Lord be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.

Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the Lord; but Baal's prophets are four hundred and fifty men.

Let them therefore give us two bullocks; and let them choose one bullock for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under: and I will dress the other bullock, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under:

And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the Lord: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken.

And Elijah said unto the prophets of Baal, Choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under.

And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made.

And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.

And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.

And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded.

And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the Lord that was broken down.

And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the Lord came, saying, Israel shall be thy name:

And with the stones he built an altar in the name of the Lord: and he made a trench about the altar, as great as would contain two measures of seed.

And he put the wood in order, and cut the bullock in pieces, and laid him on the wood, and said, Fill four barrels with water, and pour it on the burnt sacrifice, and on the wood.

And he said, Do it the second time. And they did it the second time. And he said, Do it the third time. And they did it the third time.

And the water ran round about the altar; and he filled the trench also with water.

And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.

Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the Lord God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.

Then the fire of the Lord fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.

And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The Lord, he is the God; the Lord, he is the God.

And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.”

(1 Kings 18:17-40)
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '18 06:32
    “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”

(Revelation 21:1-4)
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '18 20:09
    “For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.”

(Psalm 84:10)
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '18 20:13
    “Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.

But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.

For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm.

They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men.

Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.

Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish.

They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily.

They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth.

Therefore his people return hither: and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them.

And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?

Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.

Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.

For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning.

If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children.

When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me;

Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.

Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction.

How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors.

As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.

Thus my heart was grieved, and I was pricked in my reins.

So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.

Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.

Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.

But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works.”

(Psalm 73)
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Mar '18 21:52
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    “Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.

But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.

For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm.

They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plague ...[text shortened]... ar to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works.”

(Psalm 73)
    Bible quote after bible

Better than nought I guess however the Lord does want to know your soul
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '18 23:10
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Bible quote after bible...
    That’s what the thread title is...😕
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Mar '18 23:47
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    That’s what the thread title is...😕
    Really?

Do tell
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '18 00:34
    Really?

Do tell
    Asking for bible quotes...
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '18 00:57
    Bible quote after bible

“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”

(Hebrews 4:12)
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '18 00:59
    Bible quote after bible

The Lord already knows...

And knows yours too.

“Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.”

(Hebrews 4:13)
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '18 01:02
    No better book than the Bible, even though it’s really 66 books written over thousands of years.

As relevant and meaningful today as it’s ever been - in part because human nature hasn’t changed, only the technology has.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Mar '18 08:45
    No better book than the Bible, even though it’s really 66 books written over thousands of years.

As relevant and meaningful today as it’s ever been - in part because human nature hasn’t changed, only the technology has.
    Is 'all' of it relevant and meaningful?

(2 Kings 2:23-25)
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '18 10:07
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Is 'all' of it relevant and meaningful?

(2 Kings 2:23-25)
    Sure, in my opinion, it is.

Here’s an article that provides quite a bit of illumination on the verses you and other atheists frequently cite.

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-questions/elisha-little-children-and-the-bears/
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Mar '18 15:51
    Sure, in my opinion, it is.

Here’s an article that provides quite a bit of illumination on the verses you and other atheists frequently cite.

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-questions/elisha-little-children-and-the-bears/
    And here's one that negates it.

infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/atrocity.html
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '18 19:00
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    And here's one that negates it.

infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/atrocity.html
    That’s not an article, amigo. That’s a 21-word paragraph that simply summarizes the account. How does that negate the article to which I posted a link?

Did you think I wouldn’t click on your link, you silly goose?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree