1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 15:581 edit
    Authors note: I'm a Christian, please feel free to rip into me anytime.

There are some wonderful beliefs within the Christian (and other religions) which bring a smile. Some have been propagated over millennia others more recently in this forum and these are often the best. Here are a few of my favourites:

- This wafer and cheap wine will actually turn into human flesh and human blood as you eat it - The Catholics

- this is the actual spear that pierced Jesus on the cross - the Catholics

- Saving someone's life through a blood transfusion is against god's wishes - the JWs

- Jesus had His Demons. I've seen hell and been to purgatory - Pudgenik

- Muslim men should be executed - dasa

- the Turin shroud is proof of the resurrection - RJHinds

- god will make non Christians burn for eternity in an incinerator - Grampy bobby

- I'm leaving this forum - Galveston75
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 16:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Authors note: I'm a Christian, please feel free to rip into me anytime.

There are some wonderful beliefs within the Christian (and other religions) which bring a smile. Some have been propagated over millennia others more recently in this forum and these are often the best. Here are a few of my favourites:

- This wafer and cheap wine will actually ...[text shortened]... ans burn for eternity in an incinerator - Grampy bobby

- I'm leaving this forum - Galveston75
    Nice list. I bet you will get a dozen or so recs for that.

One of mine that makes me laugh all the time :

'Not even God can take away your eternal life' [Jaywill/Sonship]

Although God can do anything they say . .. thats the one thing he cannot do.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 16:04
    'We are awesome' [Robbie]
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 16:141 edit
    There is no God. 😴
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 16:26
    Credits go to Proper Knob for making Robbie say it, but anyway:

RC: "I can't remember whether or not I believe in Santa Claus."

Awesome stuff.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 16:40
    This is not a quote but the way so many Christians rushed headlong to help along SwissGambit to get converted recently. Christians need to take this 'desire to convert' issue down a couple notches. That thread was crazy. 🙂
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 16:48
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    This is not a quote but the way so many Christians rushed headlong to help along SwissGambit to get converted recently. Christians need to take this 'desire to convert' issue down a couple notches. That thread was crazy. 🙂
    My favorite crazy is FreakyKBH. His advice to me in that thread was basically, 'cheer up, brother; it just gets worse from here!' And who can forget the thread he made with the claim 'we call things "light" because they imitate the sun'?

One time in the distant past, he came up with something like 'that doesn't prove it's true. However, it does prove it's not false.' Classic stuff.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 16:49
    I care greatly about God's evaluation of my thoughts and deeds. Human criticisms I leave in His hands. ~ Grampy Bobby.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 16:57
    Authors note: I'm a Christian,
    And that is at the heart of it. If you admit to believing irrational stuff, how can you possibly criticise others for doing the same? I really can't understand how some Christians manage to look at other people and say 'what he believes is crazy.'
    Once you make crazy beliefs acceptable (by holding them yourself) you should refrain from making fun of people who do the same.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 16:593 edits
    the truth is irrelevant - stellspalfie

you little weasel - divesgeester

I wouldn't permit myself such license - FMF
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    I care greatly about God's evaluation of my thoughts and deeds. Human criticisms I leave in His hands. ~ Grampy Bobby.
    That's a pretty common theistic attitude. "You never disagree with me. Your disagreement is with God." It is impossible to get such a person to accept correction, or admit that they may not have all the answers on spiritual matters.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:06
    "Anyone who enters a melee thinking that they will come away clean I think is seriously deluded. I wont say that I am completely unprincipled but certainly I use what may be expedient at the time, its a much more reactionary stance rather than a calculating one." ~ robbie, very recently, referring to forum discussions.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:171 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And that is at the heart of it. If you admit to believing irrational stuff, how can you possibly criticise others for doing the same? I really can't understand how some Christians manage to look at other people and say 'what he believes is crazy.'
    Once you make crazy beliefs acceptable (by holding them yourself) you should refrain from making fun of people who do the same.
    Not going to do that, sorry.

It may run against your black and white Krell brain logic but there are degrees of crazy. I feel I'm at the milder end of the spectrum and find it amusing to poke fun at those at the higher end.

Outside of the irrationality of theism, there is fun to be had with non-theists but that's not for this forum.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:50
    It may run against your black and white Krell brain logic but there are degrees of crazy. I feel I'm at the milder end of the spectrum and find it amusing to poke fun at those at the higher end.
    So since I am an even milder version of crazy, can I legitimately make fun of you?
    I am also not convinced that your crazy is of a lesser degree than theirs. I think it is simply that people tend to be at least partially blind to their own crazy and only really see it in others. Its most likely that your crazy is simply more socially acceptable in your social circle than their crazy.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 18:20
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    My favorite crazy is FreakyKBH. His advice to me in that thread was basically, 'cheer up, brother; it just gets worse from here!' And who can forget the thread he made with the claim 'we call things "light" because they imitate the sun'?

One time in the distant past, he came up with something like 'that doesn't prove it's true. However, it does prove it's not false.' Classic stuff.
    Ahhh...

Thanks, buddy!

I don't recall the true/false one, though.
    Classic Freaky.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree