12 Apr '14 02:121 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 07:59
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Can you please stop spamming up my thread with stuff.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 09:28
    It is encouraging to see that after Galveston75's ludicrous epic failure to get me banned recently, that the moderation system does still work in legitimate situations.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 11:26
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It is encouraging to see that after Galveston75's ludicrous epic failure to get me banned recently, that the moderation system does still work in legitimate situations.
    Since he did that his is not around. Maybe his request to ban you backfired.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 11:43
    .... but this thread is about humour twhitehead, something you seem to lack at times. I say that with respect as I do respect you.
    Yes, I do tend to take things a bit too seriously. I guess its a character flaw I have.

Irrationality is not limited to theism, are you sure of you are rational in all situations and about all things?
    No, I am not sure. But I do hope that when I am not rational that someone lets me know.

I work with non theists every day and every one of them displays irrationality at some point; irrational beliefs about their colleagues, the company, the market and the external world.
    How do you treat that irrationality? Do you treat it the same way that you do with irrational religious people? I think a common problem in the world today is that religion tends to get a free pass on irrationality when it really shouldn't.
    And do you really recognise that your own religious beliefs are irrational?
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 12:21
    One "crazy idea" that I always find amusing is the idea that god supposedly "blessed" a certain country.

That gives rise to all kinds of questions.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 13:031 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Since he did that his is not around. Maybe his request to ban you backfired.
    or it could be that his little caravan trundles on to the sound of dogs barking into the twilight, you should be thankful that you still have me to shed light on matters of spiritual importance.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 13:092 edits
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    One "crazy idea" that I always find amusing is the idea that god supposedly "blessed" a certain country.

That gives rise to all kinds of questions.
    actually it depends on what you mean a certain country? for he certainly chose a country to represent him in the ancient nation of Israel and from that he chose a priesthood to represent him and from that he chose a chief priest but if you look at his dealings with them you will notice that they were severely punished for various misdemeanour's and were eventually abandoned as a whole. Afterwards God chose a new nation, the emerging Christian congregation with its priesthood the spirit anointed Christians and chief priest Jesus Christ to represent him. This fact is rarely recognised or even understood by Christians brought up on Calvinism and Luther and reading solely the Greek Portion of scripture.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 13:132 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    actually it depends on what you mean a certain country? for he certainly chose a country to represent him in the ancient nation of Israel and from that he chose a priesthood to represent him and from that he chose a chief priest but if you look at his dealings with them you will notice that they were severely punished for various misdemeanour's and w ...[text shortened]... rging Christian congregation with its priesthood and chief priest Jesus Christ to represent him.
    I mean that many Americans for instance feel that America has been "blessed" by god. But people from other countries will often say the same thing about their country.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 13:13
    or it could be that his little caravan trundles on to the sound of dogs barking into the twilight, you should be thankful that you still have me to shed light on matters of spiritual importance.
    I am thankful ..🙂
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 13:151 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    I mean that many American's for instance feel that America that America was "blessed" by god. But people from other countries will often say the same thing about their country.
    Yes and its of course demonstrably nonsense,

(Acts 10:34, 35) At this Peter opened his mouth and said: "For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him."
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 13:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I am thankful ..🙂
    yes my son but there are dangerous elements afoot, much less appreciative than you 😵
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 14:492 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes, I do tend to take things a bit too seriously. I guess its a character flaw I have.

[b]Irrationality is not limited to theism, are you sure of you are rational in all situations and about all things?

No, I am not sure. But I do hope that when I am not rational that someone lets me know.

I work with non theists every day and every one of ...[text shortened]... t really shouldn't.
    And do you really recognise that your own religious beliefs are irrational?
    I wouldn't go that far; ok so you're not blessed with encyclopedic SoH, but your friends can probably rely on you for sound advice in most matters.

You are right about religion getting a "free pass", and some more than others. The right to hold a religious belief is a matter of freedom and is recognised as such by society. However it is my view that while the notion of believing in a god is (and I totally agree) irrational, some religious beliefs are unusual, some stupid and some dangerous. There is a distinction.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 14:531 edit
    On a scale of 1-10, how much do you believe Galveston75's histrionic threat never to return to this forum?

10 being I would lay down the life of my nearest and dearest, I am that sure he will never be back...

1 being he is a big girl's blouse and will be back as soon as the pouting dies off...
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 14:59
    On a scale of 1-10, how much do you believe Galveston75's histrionic threat never to return to this forum?

10 being I would lay down the life of my nearest and dearest, I am that sure he will never be back...

1 being he is a big girl's blouse and will be back as soon as the pouting dies off...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree