Favourite crazies

Favourite crazies

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
15 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
Blood transfusions have resulted in many many millions of lives saved. Do you agree or disagree?
There is no doubt that some peoples lives have been saved by administering intravenous blood transfusions.

F

Moves
15 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
There is no doubt that some peoples lives have been saved by administering intravenous blood transfusions.
Would you say many many millions of people saved over recent decades?

rc

Moves
15 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
Would you say many many millions of people saved over recent decades?
Do your own research I have no idea how many have bern saved.

F

Moves
15 Apr 14

Do your own research I have no idea how many have bern saved.
So that's a refusal to answer the point blank question: "Would you say many many millions of people saved over recent decades?"

rc

Moves
15 Apr 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Here we go -

The practice of injecting blood intravenously saves lives (when proper procedures are followed), why would God wish to ban a practice which saves lives?
Because its use is sacrosanct.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Apr 14

So God would rather people suffer and die? Top bloke.

rc

Moves
15 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
So that's a refusal to answer the point blank question: "Would you say many many millions of people saved over recent decades?"
I have stated I have no idea and if you want to know I suggest that you do your own research. Then again facts never really were your remit.

rc

Moves
15 Apr 14
1 edit

So God would rather people suffer and die? Top bloke.
You mean like in the case of those people who died as a direct result of blood transfusion I am sure god would rather they did not suffer. Maybe your argument that blood saves lives woukd also comfort their grieving families.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Apr 14

And yet you cannot bring yourself to address the point if it is forbidden to eat why it then becomes permissable to inject it intravenously.
Back to this point.

Ingesting blood is toxic, that is why you should not do it. Intravenously inject blood saves lives (when correct procedures are followed). That is why one course of action is permissible and the other forbidden.

F

Moves
15 Apr 14

I have stated I have no idea and if you want to know I suggest that you do your own research. Then again facts never really were your remit.
You said "[blood transfusions have] resulted in tens of thousands of people dying possibly hundreds of thousands". Would that be more than or less than the number of lives saved in your estimation?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Apr 14

You mean like in the case of those people who died as a direct result of blood transfusion I am sure god would rather they did not suffer. Maybe your argument that blood saves lives woukd also comfort their grieving families.
People die from all manner of medical procedures, none, I'll repeat that NONE are 100% safe.

Moves
15 Apr 14

why?

.....and you never told me if you would suck poison from a snake bite on your childs leg if it was required to save their life.

rc

Moves
15 Apr 14

Back to this point.

Ingesting blood is toxic, that is why you should not do it. Intravenously inject blood saves lives (when correct procedures are followed). That is why one course of action is permissible and the other forbidden.
And yet you cannot guarantee its safety.

rc

Moves
15 Apr 14

People die from all manner of medical procedures, none, I'll repeat that NONE are 100% safe.
Well gee how comforting.

F

Moves
15 Apr 14

And yet you cannot guarantee its safety.
Is this another one of your main arguments?